Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Worst and Best Major Airports You've Been To

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dermo View Post
    best: dubbo
    Port Macquarie. You can sit at the Whale Bone and watch your plane come in then drive over to the airport and catch the bastard.

KL - gun

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    I didn't mind the landing strip on Nancy Nightprowler10.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Thought the Airport in Phnom Penh was pretty dumb to be honest. 12 officials passing the passports back and forth doing one stamp at a time.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

I think its because they only had one penh
    Dan, uvelocity and Smudge like this.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    If only there was a dislike button

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    It's so bad that I couldn't help but like it.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

love manila. porters everywhere to cart your bags for a quarter of the price of just hiring a cart in most other places, the most relaxed customs officials you could ever ask for. the only downside is there is massive congestion, but the good part is if you're running late they just let you jump the queue.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Nah, Manila is terrible. Everything from mice running under your feet to filthy facilities to check-in staff not having access to computers. It is the worst I have ever used and I have used it a lot. God forbid you have to ask someone a question. 20 people doing nothing just freeze and stare at each other in a blind panic. And you are screwed if you are transferring from one terminal to another.

Terrible logistics, woeful access, poorly trained staff, crumbling facilities. There isn't an upside.

Terminal 3 is alright but there is the joke politics and corruption behind it as well and it doest really service important flights.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Singapore was okay, decent monorail but having a sign the size of a postage stamp at the front of a 20 metre queue, saying you need to fill in some arrival gubbins and the paperwork is 200 metres behind you, was quite annoying.

Amsterdam obviously very clean and efficient. Quite liked Detroit actually for their random fountains.

Newcastle obviously rates quite low because of the number of geordies you're likely to find there, talking nonstop bollocks and making Ravi Shastri sound shy and retiring.

Trying to remember which yank airport kept me waiting for 8 hours because some complete ****wits stopped me for half an hour to ask me what my cameras were for and what's a Scrabble tournament. Minneapolis apparently. Useless *****.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 21-10-2013 at 07:17 AM.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    islamabad airport in 4th place
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

First time I was in Mumbai airport was about 20 years ago and I needed to go to the bathroom.

Big mistake!

The place was a construction zone with a huge hole in the middle of the floor into which people are relieving themselves

Fast forward 20 years and I ducked into the restrooms again to be confronted with a huge hole into which people are relieving themselves

Combine that with the horrific traffic that you have to combat to get there from the city and the fact that there is a slum inside the airport grounds that is home to hundreds of thousands of people, and the place really gives ****-holes a bad name (no pun intended)

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Fast forward 20 years and I ducked into the restrooms again to be confronted with a huge hole into which people are relieving themselves
    When was this?

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Leeds/Bradford clearly the worst ftr. Was due to fly from Manchester a few years ago and they overbooked the flight, called me on the tannoy and asked me if I minded going for L/B instead, they gave me more money as compensation than the return flight cost and paid for a €100 taxi ride at the other end but it still wasn't worth it. Liverpool is also abysmal. I hate Geneva as well (probably the most expensive airport food i guess).

I remember thinking Denver was rubbish, but that was probably because I was only told when I got there I had to wait 8 hours for my transfer bus to Aspen and I can't remember there being anything to do to pass the time. I had a 6 hour stopover in Frankfurt when I went to Australia and there was literally nothing to do there - it was like 8pm and everything was closed.

I remember Hong Kong having free wifi and plugs for charging up phones/laptops (well actually think they were for the cleaners to use but they didn't seem to bothered about me using them), Singapore was ok as well.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information