Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Breaking Bad Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

This may be too little too late, but I thought to create a separate thread for Breaking Bad talk. Many people have mentioned that they would like to discuss other shows in the TV Show thread without reading spoilers for BB. So here’s the solution. One more episode to go. For mine, this is the third greatest TV show ever behind The Sopranos and The Wire. This has also been IMHO the greatest final season ever for any show. Discuss away bitches!
    Last edited by Fusion; 23-09-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Something's been nagging at me about BB. Dunno if many remember but we never really found out why Gus was spared by Don Eladio in that scene by the pool when Gus was in negotiation with him and the other bosses where his mate who was subsequently ventilated. Eladio mentioned Chile as Gus's origin and 'knowing who he is' as the reason for why he was still alive. I know Gus was referred to as Generalissimo by Hector too which makes me wonder about a military angle.

I've seen Gilligan refer to Gus's Chilean history as analogous to the suitcase in Pulp Fiction (i.e. there's nothing in it) but I wonder whether Gus's history is still a factor. I'm sure it isn't but there's a cute coincidence which really makes me think Gilligan is just messing with us on the Wiki for Don Eladio Sauza, a real-life tequila magnate from Mexico:

Don Eladio Sauza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the names of his mother; Madrigal.

Probably nothing in it all but funny.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 22-09-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    I just started rewatching parts of s1 of BB because my wife wants to get into it. I noticed again how complex the relationship seemed to be between Gretchen and Walt, and it made me wonder why we hadn't seen more of her, or both her and Elliot, throughout the series, and that they should somehow be involved in the end. And then this...

Someone mentioned elsewhere that Grey Matter is more or less the reason Walt wanted his own empire, which I feel might play into the finale somehow.

What an episode. I got chills at the end, especially the way the theme music was played. Such a slow paced yet intense episode. Walt's eyes flickered when Rose mentions his blue product still hitting Europe, which would mean the Nazis still have Jesse.

I love how the writers took care to show that Walt's revenge is driven by ego. I also just love the fact that Audrey gets killed by Todd. If Walt doesn't try to flush Jesse out by getting in touch with Audrey, she's still alive. These two are destined to **** each other's lives up until they're both dead. I honestly think that would be the most satisfying ending. Both Walt and Jesse end up dying. I love Jesse, but with all the **** he has gone through, I can't imagine him living a full and happy life without feeling ridiculous guilt and delving back into drugs. I hope he kills Lydia in front of Todd before getting taken out in a blaze of glory.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 22-09-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    RIP Craigos

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Jesse, oh,Jesse......

Walt's face when they dismissed his contributions to the company was awesome. That just hits at the core of his being. It's what caused him to do what he did. Ozymandias indeed. Can't wait.

And yea, I see both Jesse and Walt not making out of this alive. Maybe Walt goes and kills the Nazis but Jesse kills Walt. Not sure how Jesse would die (maybe he's hurt during the shootout).
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

At the end of it all I really would be disappointed if it all ends up in a shoot out. Unfortunately with there being only one 75 min episode left, that probably is what's going to happen. Bullets tend to make a story go by faster.

that scene where andrea was shot made me feel like ****

also, agree with nightprowler, the end gave me mad goosebumps. that theme song, it was ****ing badass
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    s
    ^real tearjerker from this cock

Last edited by nightprowler10; 22-09-2013 at 10:18 PM.

just the way it was used, the first time it pops up in the show and it's the most badass thing in history

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Next year, any chance whatsoever that Breaking Bad doesn't dominate the Emmy's? They would be crazy to pick anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Someone mentioned elsewhere that Grey Matter is more or less the reason Walt wanted his own empire, which I feel might play into the finale somehow.
    Yep once again an awesome episode, had chills at the end too. But just on this point that I quoted, it was Walt himself who mentioned this to Jesse earlier on in the season. I don't think we will see any more of Grey Matter, as it was used enough in this episode, I can't really see the need for it in finale. Pretty big coincidence though that Walt would see them on TV at the exact moment that he has access to a TV, I mean what are the odds.

yeah, it's obv just a catalyst for walt to go back and tie up some loose ends, he knows that the blue meth's still hitting europe so uncle jack will be getting a visit. doubt grey matter will be involved much at all in the next episode

That scene where they made Jesse watch her die...**** that was brutal. I'm still depressed thinking about it several hours after watching it. Poor, poor Jesse. At this point, I do want him to die. Living would be far worse a fate for him now. The only thing left for him to do is to kill Walt and then perhaps take his own life.

Such an awesome show. I agree with SS who earlier said that this is the greatest final season of a television show ever.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    I just started rewatching parts of s1 of BB because my wife wants to get into it. I noticed again how complex the relationship seemed to be between Gretchen and Walt, and it made me wonder why we hadn't seen more of her, or both her and Elliot, throughout the series, and that they should somehow be involved in the end. And then this...

What an episode. I got chills at the end, especially the way the theme music was played. Such a slow paced yet intense episode. Walt's eyes flickered when Rose mentions his blue product still hitting Europe, which would mean the Nazis still have Jesse.

I love how the writers took care to show that Walt's revenge is driven by ego. I also just love the fact that Audrey gets killed by Todd. If Walt doesn't try to flush Jesse out by getting in touch with Audrey, she's still alive. These two are destined to **** each other's lives up until they're both dead. I honestly think that would be the most satisfying ending. Both Walt and Jesse end up dying. I love Jesse, but with all the **** he has gone through, I can't imagine him living a full and happy life without feeling ridiculous guilt and delving back into drugs. I hope he kills Lydia in front of Todd before getting taken out in a blaze of glory.
    Yeah I thought the pacing in this episode was brilliant. It played out like a quality film. Whilst it wasn't as pivotal, in many ways I think it was a better crafted episode than Ozymandias. Agree about the Andrea thing being sickening, I definitely wasn't expecting that. Probably the most brutal and cruel scene in the entire series, for me.

I honestly have no real idea where this is going now. I mean both Walt and Jesse's lives are now completely destroyed, so it's hard to see how it will be a 'satisfying ending' as Gilligan put it.
    Last edited by Ruckus; 22-09-2013 at 11:29 PM.

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    That scene where they made Jesse watch her die...**** that was brutal. I'm still depressed thinking about it several hours after watching it. Poor, poor Jesse. At this point, I do want him to die. Living would be far worse a fate for him now. The only thing left for him to do is to kill Walt and then perhaps take his own life.

Such an awesome show. I agree with SS who earlier said that this is the greatest final season of a television show ever.
    The Andrea death was sickening, I agree but I feel even worse thinking about Brock waking up the next day to find her dead on the porch. ****
    Hope Jesse gets a quick death, he has no possibility of a happy ending now
    Proud member of the Indian STFU: Sane Tendulkar Fanboy Union.
    Our motto: Sachin WAG, Don>>>Sachin

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Oh and what a way to use the theme music. I said in the Battle if the TV intros that the theme was unmemorable, but they made it absolutely awesome in that final scene

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information