Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Can't believe you missed it!!!

It starts off with the famous "say my name....Heizenburg....god damn right" scene. But Walt (actually Hal) then wakes up in bed next to Louis and acts disturbed due to the "dream he has just had". He proceeds to wake Louis up and tells her about him being a Chem genius who cooks meth (all the while acting scared and disturbed). Louis easily brushes it off like her usual self and tries to make Hal feel better (something which she would never do to her own kids if they had a scary dream).

Hal then acts even more disturbed when he mentions the worst part of the dream - killing and poisoning people. Again Louis brushes it off and tries to make him feel better. She asks why she didn't do anything to put an end to his dangerous dealings. Hal answers with "I was married to some tall beautiful blonde". Louis finds that funny and quips 'you wish'.

Louis then tells Hal to go back to sleep and calls him Scarface, which turns him on. He tries to get it on but Louis isn't having any of that and so Hal finally turns the light off and saying "Goodnight Skyler".

It ends with the Malcolm in the middle and Breaking Bad theme playing together....starting with Malcolm theme and ending with the BB theme.

Really funny
    IMO really the only funny bit was when he was snuggling up to Louis, she asked whether it was him on 'my backdoor,' and he said "I am the one who's knocking."
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    The parts which I found most interesting in your post is that you liked Lydia and that you thought Hank turned too quickly on Walt. I thought the hate between the brothers in law was fantastic. The blue meth Heisenburg case consumed Hanks life, so when he had his light-bulb moment while on the can, the shock that it was Walt all along was acted out superbly in my opinion.
    Completely agree. Walt would have snapped imo. Imagine the person you were so close to all along being the main cause of so much grief in your life, including almost dying (the intentional car crash, almost being killed by those Mexican bad asses in the car park).

You wouldn't struggle in hating on Walt, you'd turn against him immediately I reckon.

just decided that the funniest scene in the entire series is in the third episode where walt's making the pros and cons list of letting krazy 8 go, with pros like "murder is wrong" and the solitary con being "he will kill your entire family if you let him go"

the camera then zooms out and it is revealed he is doing this while taking a ****
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    s
    ^real tearjerker from this cock

James likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Just finished this.

-I need to get on board in real time in future. It's less fun when you can't talk to people about stuff as it happens.

-Agree with Shri that the end scene of the penultimate episode with the camera panning over Walt's half-finished drink was by far the best of the series.

-The first season and a half are really quite bad. If I wasn't watching with the missus I'd have given up on it for sure. The plot revolves around domestic awkwardness between totally unlikable characters, and moves at a snail's pace. With hindsight it's a good juxtaposition with how the characters are by the end, but it's very dull to watch. Too dull.

-Season 5>4>3>2>1 for mine. Which is perfect.

-It's much, much darker than I expected. It's odd, the whole fan culture around it gives the impression of a far less depressing show.

-It's hard to compare to other shows because it's one huge story arc. I feel kind of like I've watched a movie lasting about five months. It's an amazing achievement how well everything was tied up, given the scale of the project. But it wouldn't have worked ten years ago. It requires too much commitment to never missing an episode. The series don't work stand-alone at all, never mind the episodes. The Wire came too soon for that reason and BB is another step up.

-What should I watch next?
    Last edited by Uppercut; 28-02-2014 at 07:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    What should I watch next?
    True Detective. Only 6 of the planned 8 episodes have aired (it's an anthology). You still have time to catch up and talk about it in real time.

Yep. Do it. 'Need to keep an eye out for details' kinda show. Almost GoT quality and you just need to watch an episode per day starting now to see and discuss the finale with the rest of us. Or just binge. Whatevs.>_>

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post

-Agree with Shri that the end scene of the penultimate episode with the camera panning over Walt's half-finished drink was by far the best of the series.
    yeah agree too. Granite State as a whole was probably one of, in not, my favorite episode in the entire series. It just flowed so well and provided a perfect reflection on Walt's inner workings as a character. The ending sequence with theme music was an absolutely flawless moment of tv.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    It's so amazing that they saved that music for the penultimate scene. It really gave me chills.
    RIP Craigos

yeah same. I think I read somewhere that each season wasn't planned that far in advance, but there were so many amazing moments which fitted in perfectly with the series as a whole. It really came across as though the entire thing had been extensively planned from the offset, but if it wasn't it's a testament to some pretty genius extemporaneous writing.

International Vice-Captain OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    yeah same. I think I read somewhere that each season wasn't planned that far in advance, but there were so many amazing moments which fitted in perfectly with the series as a whole. It really came across as though the entire thing had been extensively planned from the offset, but if it wasn't it's a testament to some pretty genius extemporaneous writing.
    I was kinda meh on the theme music before that scene. But it made that scene so much more epic. My favorite scene though is from that same episode where Walt breaks down on the phone with his son, realising all his crimes will have been for nothing. Cranston's best moment imo
    Proud member of the Indian STFU: Sane Tendulkar Fanboy Union.
    Our motto: Sachin WAG, Don>>>Sachin

International Vice-Captain OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Oh yeah and this is freaking amazing

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information