Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Gilligan himself has said that a Saul Goodman spinoff is likely. Much better potential there now that I think about it.
    It's called "Better Call Saul" and it's already got the go ahead.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Did you mean dreamy?
    He does see you in his nightmares so technically that statement is true as well

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    It's called "Better Call Saul" and it's already got the go ahead.
    I'm new to this ok
    Exit pursuing a beer

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Could've sworn you came in here to bitch about the ending.
    RIP Craigos

Wtf Murali? It was great.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    That's brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Finally got round to watching the second half of season 5 on the weekend, which makes the timing of the alternate ending's release just awesome.

Not a fan of it in general - not to say it was terrible or anything. But the intervention of the nazi's, first to save Walt at the end of S5 part 1, and then to destroy him later on was contrived even by BB's standards. All of the characters that I really loved from the earlier seasons were either dead (Mike and Gus) or just kinda faded into the background (Badger, Skinny Pete and Lydia - who's death at the end felt almost like an afterthought on the part of the writers).

Felt that Hank switched too quickly to hating Walt. Would've liked an episode or two with him going through denial/trying to find more evidence to back up his suspicions, before confronting Hank and beginning his war with him. That goes double for Marie. I understand that the writers were on a time budget, but it still wound up feeling a little rushed. And Hank's motivations for not going to the DEA with what he knew about Walt felt like the writers scabbling around for something when they'd realised that they'd written themselves into a corner. I also felt like I'd seen Jesse self-destruct from the guilt of his actions too many times already for that to be an interesting storyline at this point.

Still, these are all quibbles. It was a satisfying finish, if not quite what I was hoping for.

Really am looking forward to Better Call Saul, though!
    Last edited by Bahnz; 17-11-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

That alternate ending video is no longer available due to a copyright claim. What was it about?
    Last edited by Fusion; 18-11-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Finally got round to watching the second half of season 5 on the weekend, which makes the timing of the alternate ending's release just awesome.

Not a fan of it in general - not to say it was terrible or anything. But the intervention of the nazi's, first to save Walt at the end of S5 part 1, and then to destroy him later on was contrived even by BB's standards. All of the characters that I really loved from the earlier seasons were either dead (Mike and Gus) or just kinda faded into the background (Badger, Skinny Pete and Lydia - who's death at the end felt almost like an afterthought on the part of the writers).

Felt that Hank switched too quickly to hating Walt. Would've liked an episode or two with him going through denial/trying to find more evidence to back up his suspicions, before confronting Hank and beginning his war with him. That goes double for Marie. I understand that the writers were on a time budget, but it still wound up feeling a little rushed. And Hank's motivations for not going to the DEA with what he knew about Walt felt like the writers scabbling around for something when they'd realised that they'd written themselves into a corner. I also felt like I'd seen Jesse self-destruct from the guilt of his actions too many times already for that to be an interesting storyline at this point.

Still, these are all quibbles. It was a satisfying finish, if not quite what I was hoping for.

First person I've seen/heard actually say the final season disappointed them. I can't actually disagree with many of your specific complaints but for whatever reason they just didn't bother me much; certainly not in comparison to all that was great about it.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Best moment in the series hands down was the shot of half empty glass at the end of the episode before the finale with the theme playing. Others might like the "Say my name" or "I am the one who knocks" scenes more but they were not as bad ass.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    That alternate ending video is no longer available due to a copyright claim. What was it about?
    Can't believe you missed it!!!

It starts off with the famous "say my name....Heizenburg....god damn right" scene. But Walt (actually Hal) then wakes up in bed next to Louis and acts disturbed due to the "dream he has just had". He proceeds to wake Louis up and tells her about him being a Chem genius who cooks meth (all the while acting scared and disturbed). Louis easily brushes it off like her usual self and tries to make Hal feel better (something which she would never do to her own kids if they had a scary dream).

Hal then acts even more disturbed when he mentions the worst part of the dream - killing and poisoning people. Again Louis brushes it off and tries to make him feel better. She asks why she didn't do anything to put an end to his dangerous dealings. Hal answers with "I was married to some tall beautiful blonde". Louis finds that funny and quips 'you wish'.

Louis then tells Hal to go back to sleep and calls him Scarface, which turns him on. He tries to get it on but Louis isn't having any of that and so Hal finally turns the light off and saying "Goodnight Skyler".

It ends with the Malcolm in the middle and Breaking Bad theme playing together....starting with Malcolm theme and ending with the BB theme.

Really funny
    Last edited by Agent Nationaux; 18-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    Fusion likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    First person I've seen/heard actually say the final season disappointed them. I can't actually disagree with many of your specific complaints but for whatever reason they just didn't bother me much; certainly not in comparison to all that was great about it.
    Yo.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post

The parts which I found most interesting in your post is that you liked Lydia and that you thought Hank turned too quickly on Walt. I thought the hate between the brothers in law was fantastic. The blue meth Heisenburg case consumed Hanks life, so when he had his light-bulb moment while on the can, the shock that it was Walt all along was acted out superbly in my opinion.

As for the alternative ending, I found it lame. Initially I thought it was a half assed Saturday Night Live type skit.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread Information