Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 207
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

  1. #181
    International Coach KiWiNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the kitchen
    Posts
    10,601
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Gilligan himself has said that a Saul Goodman spinoff is likely. Much better potential there now that I think about it.
    It's called "Better Call Saul" and it's already got the go ahead.

  2. #182
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Did you mean dreamy?
    He does see you in his nightmares so technically that statement is true as well

  3. #183
    International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    away from the palms
    Posts
    6,399
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    It's called "Better Call Saul" and it's already got the go ahead.
    I'm new to this ok
    Exit pursuing a beer

  4. #184
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,178


  5. #185
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,250
    Could've sworn you came in here to bitch about the ending.
    RIP Craigos

  6. #186
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,178
    Wtf Murali? It was great.

  7. #187
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    23,940

  8. #188
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,861
    That's brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

  9. #189
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    7,808
    Finally got round to watching the second half of season 5 on the weekend, which makes the timing of the alternate ending's release just awesome.

    Not a fan of it in general - not to say it was terrible or anything. But the intervention of the nazi's, first to save Walt at the end of S5 part 1, and then to destroy him later on was contrived even by BB's standards. All of the characters that I really loved from the earlier seasons were either dead (Mike and Gus) or just kinda faded into the background (Badger, Skinny Pete and Lydia - who's death at the end felt almost like an afterthought on the part of the writers).

    Felt that Hank switched too quickly to hating Walt. Would've liked an episode or two with him going through denial/trying to find more evidence to back up his suspicions, before confronting Hank and beginning his war with him. That goes double for Marie. I understand that the writers were on a time budget, but it still wound up feeling a little rushed. And Hank's motivations for not going to the DEA with what he knew about Walt felt like the writers scabbling around for something when they'd realised that they'd written themselves into a corner. I also felt like I'd seen Jesse self-destruct from the guilt of his actions too many times already for that to be an interesting storyline at this point.

    Still, these are all quibbles. It was a satisfying finish, if not quite what I was hoping for.

    Really am looking forward to Better Call Saul, though!
    Last edited by Bahnz; 17-11-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  10. #190
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,487
    That alternate ending video is no longer available due to a copyright claim. What was it about?
    Last edited by Fusion; 18-11-2013 at 05:59 AM.

  11. #191
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Finally got round to watching the second half of season 5 on the weekend, which makes the timing of the alternate ending's release just awesome.

    Not a fan of it in general - not to say it was terrible or anything. But the intervention of the nazi's, first to save Walt at the end of S5 part 1, and then to destroy him later on was contrived even by BB's standards. All of the characters that I really loved from the earlier seasons were either dead (Mike and Gus) or just kinda faded into the background (Badger, Skinny Pete and Lydia - who's death at the end felt almost like an afterthought on the part of the writers).

    Felt that Hank switched too quickly to hating Walt. Would've liked an episode or two with him going through denial/trying to find more evidence to back up his suspicions, before confronting Hank and beginning his war with him. That goes double for Marie. I understand that the writers were on a time budget, but it still wound up feeling a little rushed. And Hank's motivations for not going to the DEA with what he knew about Walt felt like the writers scabbling around for something when they'd realised that they'd written themselves into a corner. I also felt like I'd seen Jesse self-destruct from the guilt of his actions too many times already for that to be an interesting storyline at this point.

    Still, these are all quibbles. It was a satisfying finish, if not quite what I was hoping for.

    Really am looking forward to Better Call Saul, though!
    First person I've seen/heard actually say the final season disappointed them. I can't actually disagree with many of your specific complaints but for whatever reason they just didn't bother me much; certainly not in comparison to all that was great about it.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  12. #192
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,178
    Best moment in the series hands down was the shot of half empty glass at the end of the episode before the finale with the theme playing. Others might like the "Say my name" or "I am the one who knocks" scenes more but they were not as bad ass.

  13. #193
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    That alternate ending video is no longer available due to a copyright claim. What was it about?
    Can't believe you missed it!!!

    It starts off with the famous "say my name....Heizenburg....god damn right" scene. But Walt (actually Hal) then wakes up in bed next to Louis and acts disturbed due to the "dream he has just had". He proceeds to wake Louis up and tells her about him being a Chem genius who cooks meth (all the while acting scared and disturbed). Louis easily brushes it off like her usual self and tries to make Hal feel better (something which she would never do to her own kids if they had a scary dream).

    Hal then acts even more disturbed when he mentions the worst part of the dream - killing and poisoning people. Again Louis brushes it off and tries to make him feel better. She asks why she didn't do anything to put an end to his dangerous dealings. Hal answers with "I was married to some tall beautiful blonde". Louis finds that funny and quips 'you wish'.

    Louis then tells Hal to go back to sleep and calls him Scarface, which turns him on. He tries to get it on but Louis isn't having any of that and so Hal finally turns the light off and saying "Goodnight Skyler".

    It ends with the Malcolm in the middle and Breaking Bad theme playing together....starting with Malcolm theme and ending with the BB theme.

    Really funny
    Last edited by Agent Nationaux; 18-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    Fusion likes this.

  14. #194
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    First person I've seen/heard actually say the final season disappointed them. I can't actually disagree with many of your specific complaints but for whatever reason they just didn't bother me much; certainly not in comparison to all that was great about it.
    Yo.
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp

  15. #195
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Finally got round to watching the second half of season 5 on the weekend, which makes the timing of the alternate ending's release just awesome.

    Not a fan of it in general - not to say it was terrible or anything. But the intervention of the nazi's, first to save Walt at the end of S5 part 1, and then to destroy him later on was contrived even by BB's standards. All of the characters that I really loved from the earlier seasons were either dead (Mike and Gus) or just kinda faded into the background (Badger, Skinny Pete and Lydia - who's death at the end felt almost like an afterthought on the part of the writers).

    Felt that Hank switched too quickly to hating Walt. Would've liked an episode or two with him going through denial/trying to find more evidence to back up his suspicions, before confronting Hank and beginning his war with him. That goes double for Marie. I understand that the writers were on a time budget, but it still wound up feeling a little rushed. And Hank's motivations for not going to the DEA with what he knew about Walt felt like the writers scabbling around for something when they'd realised that they'd written themselves into a corner. I also felt like I'd seen Jesse self-destruct from the guilt of his actions too many times already for that to be an interesting storyline at this point.

    Still, these are all quibbles. It was a satisfying finish, if not quite what I was hoping for.

    Really am looking forward to Better Call Saul, though!
    The parts which I found most interesting in your post is that you liked Lydia and that you thought Hank turned too quickly on Walt. I thought the hate between the brothers in law was fantastic. The blue meth Heisenburg case consumed Hanks life, so when he had his light-bulb moment while on the can, the shock that it was Walt all along was acted out superbly in my opinion.

    As for the alternative ending, I found it lame. Initially I thought it was a half assed Saturday Night Live type skit.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

    Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Inception (spoilers allowed)
    By Pratters in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 02:03 PM
  2. Heroes (Spoilers, etc)
    By nightprowler10 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 05:50 AM
  3. 24 *Please, no spoilers!*
    By Mister Wright in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-06-2006, 09:49 PM
  4. 24 *Spoilers
    By pasag in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-05-2006, 08:57 AM
  5. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 24-05-2005, 08:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •