Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: how did you get into cricket foruming and cw?

how did you get into cricket foruming and cw?

Cricket foruming would have to be a pretty fringe hobby, but one we seem to enjoy. For me it happened when I changed work from somewhere where I couldn't use a computer for pleasure, but there were lots of people around who I could talk to about cricket - to a place where I could do what I wanted, but only a few people and nobody knew anything or cared about cricket.

2011 ashes, and Peter Siddle's birthday hattrick and I had to carry on about it or explode, so started posting stuff on a forum I was a member of but pretty much never visited. It isn't a forum about cricket, so after a while I wanted to find something better, googled and looked at a few forums and found this place. Happy ever after (except the amount of time I spend on here now)

What's your story?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Needed a place where I could talk cricket basically. The friends I know that do follow cricket are all cricket noobs, so no point discussing the game with them.

Had to find somewhere to talk about cricket/rugby, I've never had friends that are really into sport in general - and cricket is generally hated by far more young people than followed - so I've just done it on the internet for as long as I've had my own PC. Started out when I was about 13 on the now-dead BBC 606 forums and then just posted on blogs like KC and cricketwithballs. That led me to testmatchsofa, which led me to here because of silentstriker tweeting them one day and Jono talking about it here. Prince EWS likes to take credit but that's more of a coincidence.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

I googled "cricket forum". No joke.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    I don't remember how I got here. Probably the same way as Spark. Lurked from the 2007 CB series through to NZ getting knocked out of the WC. Posted after the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

I came back from Europe broke so I went back to live with my parents for a bit. I was really keen to save as much money as possible, so found it much easier to save by chatting about sport instead of going out. Cricket and Rugby League have always been my passion but it was the start of the League season in like 2006 so I found a league forum which I liked during the league year, but found the cricket thread on the site a little boring. Prince EWS was on that League site and mentioned CW, so yeah blame him.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    I was headhunted
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

In the early 2000s, I visited and posted on cricket365.com when it had a forum. But think of the worst Indian and Pakistani posters on Youtube or ICF and multiply their less pleasant traits by 150 and you pretty much have the gist of cricket365. The next time I visited a year or so later, the forum had been shut down, and for good reason.

Wandered here in 2004 when I googled "cricket forum" in 2004 and posted once or twice. Or 15,000 times...

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Got dragged into cricket foruming, and CricketWeb, from youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

I had to find some relief from the stresses of living life as an International Playboy, supermodels, yacht-parties and premieres can get so wearying.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    I had to find some relief from the stresses of living life as an International Playboy, supermodels, yacht-parties and premieres can get so wearying.
    have you given that up now then?

Just part-time now, the forumming is taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I googled "cricket forum". No joke.
    same, lurked for a month or so then decided Maxwell was that much of a **** I had to say something about him

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Just part-time now, the forumming is taking over.
    So what you're really saying as that as one begins to suffer from erectile dysfunction one posts more - I dare say that is why thee and me have relatively low post counts

I won one of the Fantasy Cricket competitions (I think it was for the one day Super Series? Anyway) and won a copy of BLIC2005. I joined the forum to talk about how awesome I was, and got caught up in CC. I used to care about cricket, back in the day.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information