For legal reasons Jono.
NRL Tipping Champion 2014
So basically you hate me for being tough and manly?
I support Manly too.
"Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."
Semi Final 2 Results
Jono (21) def. Howe_zat (8)
Voting closes 11:59pm Saturday 11 May, AEST.
Road to the Final:
- Unanimously voted through Round One (vs. Spark, Noble One, GI Joe, GotSpin, Tom Halsey, marc71178, FaaipDeOiad).
- Received votes from 92% of voters in Round Two (vs. Athlai, Cabinet96, Pothas, Neil Pickup, Mike8151, BeeGee, wpdavid).
- Tied for first with Howe_zat in Round 3 with 78% of the vote (vs. Howe_zat, HeathDavisSpeed, Flem274*).
- 18-6 win in the Round of 16 (vs. cpr).
- 22-9 win in Quarter Finals (vs. Spikey).
- 21-8 win in Semi Final (vs. Howe_zat).
- BOTM VIII - Semi Finals (lost to fredfertang)
- BOTM VII - Quarter Finals (lost to BoyBrumby)
- BOTM VI - Second Round
- BOTM V - First Round
- BOTM IV - Second Round
- BOTM III - Third Round
- BOTM II - Second Round
- BOTM I - First Round
Road to the Final:
- Votes from 29 of 30 voters in Round One (vs. Pothas, howardj, four_or_six, Redbacks, Simon, Arjun, Sanz).
- Received votes from 92% of voters in Round Two (vs. Spikey, uvelocity, cpr, ripper868, Noble One, morgieb, SteveNZ).
- Tied for first with GIMH in Round 3 with 78% of the vote (vs. GIMH, rvd619323, Kippax).
- 17-8 win in the Round of 16 (vs. Pothas).
- 21-10 win in Quarter Finals (vs. Uppercut).
- 18-16 win in Semi Final (vs. BoyBrumby).
- BOTM VIII - Won
- BOTM VII - Third Round
- BOTM VI - Quarter Finals (lost to benchmark00)
- BOTM V - Second Round
- BOTM IV - N/A
- BOTM III - N/A
- BOTM II - N/A
- BOTM I - N/A
Last edited by Dan; 10-05-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Think it's a final worthy of the occasion. Two credits to CW and, more surprisingly, the legal profession, which has its fair share of ****s if one's experiences with Law students is anything to go by.
Both genuinely good guys and great posters too. Either would merit winning and, as arbitrary as it is, as Jono hasn't bagged a major yet he gets my nod.
Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion
- As featured in The Independent.
"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
- Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence
Fred's a legend, goes without saying. Honoured to even be up against him.
He beat me in the semi last year I believe, so if I lose in the final I'll be one step closer to glory.
Also hasn't that **** Burgey won this thing before?
Legal profession doing well. Must be corrupting the voting process in some way.
Ridiculously tough to choose. Both blokes are terrific posters. It's gotta be Jono for mine though. One of the very few guys who manages to mix informed opinions with humour and eloquence. It's honestly a pleasure to read his posts.
Fred, as others have said, is what CW is all about and we're lucky to have him. But yeah, Jono it is.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)