Cricket Player Manager
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Blade Runner arrested over death of girlfriend

Its true. Asians are popping out kids quickly and efficiently. Americans are shooting their kids at a similar rate. You are reducing your chances of producing another Doogie Howser every year.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Haha. I know it's a joke, but Asians are doing quite badly at popping out kids quickly and efficiently. China has a HUGE demorgraphic crisis - no immigration plus one child policy = massive aging population. It's going to hit them hard - they're going to have an older than the US in twenty years (and the US itself already has a problem with aging baby boomers, though its not as bad as some European and much of Asia). Most of Asia has the same demographic issue - South Korea, Japan and China are all WELL below replacement level fertility (South Korea's fertility, especially, is very scary). India's fertility is high (actually, it's right around the global average, but the underdeveloped countries skew the average a bit - the fertility inevitably drops as a country becomes more developed, with very few exceptions, unless, like the US, it relies on immigration) but India has a long way to go to match China, let alone the US.

Plus, we can import all the doogie howsers we want. That's never been an issue .
    Last edited by silentstriker; 19-02-2013 at 02:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Haha. I know it's a joke, but *insert serious comment*
    ffs.

You and PEWS replying to jokes, I swear.

But since you're replying seriously - talk of the Asian future generally refers to Indonesia, Malaysia and other South East Asian countries.

Japan and South Korea are old news, and China is current news.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    One child policy doesn't apply to the vast majority of the Chinese population.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Well then, maybe the next century. Not this one. It will take a long time of high economic growth to have the type of world wide impact to validate that term.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    One child policy doesn't apply to the vast majority of the Chinese population.
    No, but there is still a restriction, correct? If your first kid is a girl or there is some other problems, I know you can get a lot of waivers and such. Even two kids is below replacement level long term. Nonetheless, the point about an aging population and demographic crisis is real. Right now, whatever the cause, they are not having kids at replacement level.

In 2012, China's labor force actually shrunk for the first time ever. This trend will accelerate. Don't get me wrong, they should keep growing and become the #1 economy fairly soon, but the crisis is going to hurt them and impede their long term growth.

China's population: The most surprising demographic crisis | The Economist

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Well then, maybe the next century. Not this one. It will take a long time of high economic growth to have the type of world wide impact to validate that term.
    Wtf, its only 2013.

Yea. Indonesia has the population but per capita GDP is very low still. Malaysia doesn't have the population. Maybe the last quarter of this century. These things take a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    I guess he didn't have a leg to stand on.
    Are you for real or just pulling his leg?
    Twenty-over cricket can be “boring”. It has grown up. It takes concentration. It is no longer a game for the post-literate generation. They need the distractions, the loud music to disguise the boredom. They never warned you about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Bloody cricket bat found at Pistorius home

****. Reckon Pistorius' uncle might want to keep his trap firmly shut from now on. Seriously, the press just should not give any member of this prick's family any more air time.
    Why is his family a prick? Since when are newspaper reports proof or the truth? Its hearsay and worst of all its more fiction than anything else. They have been guessing for days with a suppose police informer. I think they get their info from a guy cleaning the toilets at the police stations because its a lot of bull.

She was shot through a toilet door at 3am in a country which has a murder rate higher than the Vietnam War and equal to Britain's casualties in WWII. Over 3000 farmers been brutally murdered where they been tortured hack to pieces and at times their family wife and daughters raped before one before they beat them to death. Scenes so vile even old experience policemen shed tears.

I am not supporting him as its a tragic event which happened to a innocent beautiful and friendly girl. I am just explaining a view to you they will try to create when it goes to trail.

At least he manned up and face the music unlike Dewani who came to South Africa hired people to kill her and ran back home. When they caught the killers they implemented him as hiring them. UK don't want to expedite him because of so called psychological reasons which is plain bull as he keeps faking it. He been doing everything to avoid getting handed over and the UK protect him but they want to storm the embassy where Assagne is in.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Manned up?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Manned up?
    Got the balls to face the consequences of his actions.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardofAmla View Post
    Why is his family a prick? Since when are newspaper reports proof or the truth? Its hearsay and worst of all its more fiction than anything else. They have been guessing for days with a suppose police informer. I think they get their info from a guy cleaning the toilets at the police stations because its a lot of bull.
    He's the prick, not the family. The family are (understandably) trying to see the best in the situation, even trying to (again, understandably) minimise his guilt in the eyes of the public. But even if we are to assume a lot of the reported 'facts' are bollocks, the circumstances don't look good for him and I assume that, as per most semi-sophisticated legal systems, that he's been charged with murder means the police where he is think said charge is likely to get up.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardofAmla View Post
    At least he manned up and face the music
    I don't see it that way, tbh. I've seen plenty of crooks who don't run purely because they reckon if they throw enough money at a lawyer or drag out the case long enough, they'll get it plead down or somesuch. I've seen crooks who do a horrible deed and, realising they're in ****, fake trying to save their victim. And, most commonly of all, I've seen plenty of crooks who just honestly don't believe they're in that much trouble and reckon they can explain their way out of it. His response isn't indicative of any humility in and of itself.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 19-02-2013 at 07:00 AM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

wonder how he's getting around. pretty sure you cant bring blades into a prison
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information