Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sony to unveil Ps4 on Feb 20th.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    **** off you sped. Go dribble your **** where it's wanted.
    All I've seen you do on this site is **** on people who rub you ever so slightly the wrong way. Lighten the **** up.
    Exit pursuing a beer

talking book version?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    All I've seen you do on this site is **** on people who rub you ever so slightly the wrong way. Lighten the **** up.
    I'll be right champ. On your way.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Anyway, people who claim they'll stop gaming if there is no used games will get their wish either way, because if you keep buying used games you keep giving money to EB Games and NOT to the developer of the game. If you keep buying used then you're giving nothing back to the people that spent years of their lives on that product, it's inherently selfish. And before you do, you can't compare it to buying used cars or whatever because big car manufacturers also run the used markets. Whether or not you want it, big game companies won't ant at this point, can't, run their own used markets. There are ways they could sell and buy back games codes, but that can't really happen until games are downloadable only (which is coming, don't you worry.) THQ just got split up and sold off because mid-level publishers and developers cannot make enough money to stay afloat. There have been hundreds of studios closed in the last 12 months becuase the middle ground is gone. The only way to survive is to have a AAA game that everyone will buy regardless of whether it's good or terrible (Assassins Creed 3, for example) or to make indie games that sell for stuff all and sell millions of copies.

In any case, if they took used games off the market the industry wouldn't fail. Have you guys ever heard of Steam? If you haven't, then you need to. The next game consoles are going to be like Steam. Their marketplaces are going to be hugely pushing downloading games instead of hard copies, and when there's no way to buy used the market regulates itself. You should see the sales that Steam has at holiday season (I bought Dishonored, BRINK, Quake 1-4, RAGE, Elder Scrolls 3-4-5, Sleeping Dogs, Bastion, Deus Ex, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Borderlands 2, Portal, Portal 2, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Ys Chronicles, Darksiders, Red Faction, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes... etc etc for about $200 total at Christmas) and that way, the products still get out and the people who DESERVE the money for it, get it. Hell, even check out Good Old Games. They do a similar thing! This is coming people, and it will be fine. Even for you people who play very few games and don't like spending huge amounts of money.

Gamers are so damn entitled, it infuriates me.
    A much more detailed, better version of what I was going to post.
    ​63*

so I finally made it through the essay, car manufacturers have nothing to do with the used car market, at least in australia. I also can't think of any physical good for sale on the market today (apart from perishable items) which can't be sold secondhand

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    so I finally made it through the essay, car manufacturers have nothing to do with the used car market, at least in australia. I also can't think of any physical good for sale on the market today (apart from perishable items) which can't be sold secondhand
    That explains why I bought an 04 Subaru Liberty from a Subaru dealer 4 months ago.

dealer does not equal manufacturer mate, they are privately owned.

dealer does not equal manufacturer mate, they are privately owned.
    I understand this, I'm not ****ing ********, but that dealers rights were purchased from the manufacturer and money was exchanged to Subaru in some shape or form. Money also goes to the the manufacturer when the car is serviced there and parts are required from the company.

At the moment used games give NO money to the developers and publishers of the games. It all goes to EB Games or Gamestop or whoever. The game was purchased once, yes, but it might get bought on four separate occasions and a company who has nothing to do with making or developing that game will make just as much, if not more due to having to outlay nothing to manufacture and distribute, money off of it. Whether or not it happens elsewhere, it is killing the industry and the big console manufacturers will fix this, whether or not you like it.

Hey I never said it wouldn't happen, and I don't really care either way, play **** all games nowadays. In terms of business practice though, it's a bad gesture. What next, ban video stores?

Hey I never said it wouldn't happen, and I don't really care either way, play **** all games nowadays. In terms of business practice though, it's a bad gesture. What next, ban video stores?
    They're completely irrelevant because of downloadable and streaming movies, which is what will happen to game stores. And thank ****, because they're all a rip off.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Sm00teh totally on the money here.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    go read a book ****s
    Done.

Forever 63* at the SCG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information