16 88.89%
  • Yes it is racism

0 0%
  • Suck em'

2 11.11%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Brown

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    As a serious point, I don't think we can compare wife-beaters from the pre-digital age with those from the post.

I reckon if Gazza's or Lennon's respective other-halves had posted pics of themselves after they just had the seventh bell of schisse smacked out of them on Twatter the blogosphere would've rounded on them too.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Wait, there are people who don't think Gazza's a ****?
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

cpr
    Well I suppose Gazza was revered for what he was capable of before going into complete meltdown (of which the wife beating was a sad, sad low in a pityfull disintergration)

Chris Brown, well, I'd heard the name, I'd avoided the music anyway, so I don't particularly hold fond memories of the man he was.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    I've always considered violence against women to be as low as you can get, violence against small children apart, and indeed I still do, but I have had to have a bit of a rethink after some of the behaviour of the most recent Mrs Fertang - I have a very long fuse, and there's absolutely no question but that I wouldn't stoop so low as to give her a sharp right hook under any circumstances, but **** me I can't help but think sometimes it would be richly deserved

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Tangy and his failed marriages. Would be an addition to War and Peace.

Chris Brown is an arse for what he did and should have received a much sterner punishment

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Say what you want about the man, but these were THE tuuuuuuunes back in the day. The ones you'd dance to at high school dances -

Chris Brown - Kiss Kiss ft. T-Pain - YouTube

Chris Brown - With You - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Well I suppose Gazza was revered for what he was capable of before going into complete meltdown (of which the wife beating was a sad, sad low in a pityfull disintergration)
    There is a definite inconsistency here; Gazza gets the 'sad deterioration of a wonderful talent' narrative while Brown gets the '****ing ****' narrative. You have to think race plays some kind of a role in that but the most important lesson is that if you want to hit a women, don't hit the most iconic young popstar in America and definitely don't let pics of it get on the internet.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    The victim being Rihanna definitely gave it more legs, as did the fact he's a black rapper dude. Sean Connery is an unrepentant wife-beater but because his wife isn't a glam, people love him (especially women). And, tbh, Chris Brown still has plenty of female fans, explained by the 'he's just a lost little boy, needs a good woman' bad boy thing I reckon.

Myself, I think he's going to kill someone. He didn't slap Rihanna around, he punched, bit and threatened to kill her. This on top of that very suspicious-looking tatt on his neck. Dude's a time-bomb, have seen it a million times.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 27-11-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Aren't they back banging again?

smh.
    Not at all uncommon, but.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    There is a definite inconsistency here; Gazza gets the 'sad deterioration of a wonderful talent' narrative while Brown gets the '****ing ****' narrative. You have to think race plays some kind of a role in that but the most important lesson is that if you want to hit a women, don't hit the most iconic young popstar in America and definitely don't let pics of it get on the internet.

From my point of view, viewing it as a Brit who likes football and dislikes **** RnB (and I guess thats a lot of men in this country), not really inconsistant. Gazza had become an icon, gone off the rails, battered his missis, saw a bit of publicity about it, but mainly as part of his other ongoing issues, giving it some context. Chris Browns some random yank with an eye for violence - he's not claimed its linked to any other personal issues, just got a bit fist happy one night.

I'm not saying I condone Gazza, or revere him - infact I've always thought he was a total waste of a human, but I can see why he recieved less vitriol than Brown did.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    The victim being Rihanna definitely gave it more legs, as did the fact he's a black rapper dude. Sean Connery is an unrepentant wife-beater but because his wife isn't a glam, people love him (especially women). And, tbh, Chris Brown still has plenty of female fans, explained by the 'he's just a lost little boy, needs a good woman' bad boy thing I reckon.

Myself, I think he's going to kill someone. He didn't slap Rihanna around, he punched, bit and threatened to kill her. This on top of that very suspicious-looking tatt on his neck. Dude's a time-bomb, have seen it a million times.
    Yup. Recently Leona Lewis (the one token talented X Factor winner) proposed him as the kinda "bad boy" who'd be ideal to play Matey in the inevitable film version of Fifty Shades of Grey.

In all fairness tho, Justin Lee Collins is about the whitest man alive and his name is mud after his stalking and harassing of his (non-famous) ex too. Might not have the international reach of Brown (frankly hope he doesn't, our celeb exports are about 95% ****s as it is), but in Blighty his career is down the crapper and no-one's spoken up for him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    From my point of view, viewing it as a Brit who likes football and dislikes **** RnB (and I guess thats a lot of men in this country), not really inconsistant. Gazza had become an icon, gone off the rails, battered his missis, saw a bit of publicity about it, but mainly as part of his other ongoing issues, giving it some context. Chris Browns some random yank with an eye for violence - he's not claimed its linked to any other personal issues, just got a bit fist happy one night.

I'm not saying I condone Gazza, or revere him - infact I've always thought he was a total waste of a human, but I can see why he recieved less vitriol than Brown did.
    I don't think it's inherently better to go on a six-month bender before you beat your wife than it is to just get a bit fist-happy. I know it's the done thing to treat alcoholism as a mitigating factor of sorts but it's sociopathic behaviour too.

Maybe it's just more chilling when we don't have a background of substance abuse to attribute it too. No one really knows what made Brown lose it- could be, as T_C says, he's just a total psycho and will end up killing someone. But all other things equal I'd say the alcoholic woman-beater should be judged at least as harshly as the general woman-beater.

cpr
    Yeah, but Chris Brown has never been on the front of The Sun wearing fake mammaries, so was always going to be treated worse than Gazza.

In other words, were pretty much arguing the same point, that both ****s who's actions were ****ish, all I'm saying is Gazza was bound to get an easier ride being an English Footballer than an American RnB singer, not really a race (as in colour, not nationality) thing for me - Also helps less pics and lack of Social Media in Gazza's days

For those of you playing along at home:

http://m.mtv.com/news/article.rbml?i...x.rbml&cid=300
    Last edited by dontcloseyoureyes; 27-11-2012 at 11:48 PM.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    hate bitches who want to get banged again and again by the same men who beat them up
    This is a seriously, seriously bad post.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information