Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Imran detained in Canada by American Immigration?

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    All the more reason to take a principled stand against this gross insult and never visit the US again.

P.S: If the US were so inclined, they could easily ban all fund raising activities in the country for Imran/PTI, including online.
    Won't be a bad strategy actually. Plays into his anti-USA politics and US will have to come around and approach him in a year or 2 anyway, and maybe even issue a apology if he becomes Pakistani PM.

USA, Germany, Britain and few other European countries after the 2002 riots in Gujarat decided to Diplomatically isolate Narendra Modi (not talk to him) and deny him a Visa altogether.(Ofcourse, the Indian government led by the Congress didn't protest much either.)

Since then though, Gujarat progressed economically a lot, he got re - elected twice again and also started visiting China and trading with them. As a result of which, Britain which led these group of countries, has already send their ambassador to meet him and invited Modi to visit there, and all the indications seem to be USA, Germany etc.. will follow suit, now that he seems to be one of the frontrunners for the prime minister's post come next election.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar

good strategy indeed
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Since then though, Gujarat progressed economically a lot, he got re - elected twice again and also started visiting China and trading with them. As a result of which, Britain which led these group of countries, has already send their ambassador to meet him and invited Modi to visit there, and all the indications seem to be USA, Germany etc.. will follow suit, now that he seems to be one of the frontrunners for the prime minister's post come next election.
    the mother****er should be rotting in prison for all eternity but scumbags like that rule the world so it isn't surprising...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Imran has become a F*****g Liar which is abolutely necessary for him to succeed as a politician, will do anything to gain political mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Won't be a bad strategy actually. Plays into his anti-USA politics and US will have to come around and approach him in a year or 2 anyway, and maybe even issue a apology if he becomes Pakistani PM.

USA, Germany, Britain and few other European countries after the 2002 riots in Gujarat decided to Diplomatically isolate Narendra Modi (not talk to him) and deny him a Visa altogether.(Ofcourse, the Indian government led by the Congress didn't protest much either.)

The idea that Gujrat prospered because USA/UK refused Visa to Modi is just offensive to me, Yes Germany also prospered economically under Hitler after the treaty of Versailles.

I will never trade Humanity for Economic progress, Modi's government was actively invloved in the Gujrat Riots and Modi as the Chief of Staff has the ultimately responsibility for all the violence in the State. Gujrat was doing pretty well even before Modi came.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Imran has become a F*****g Liar which is abolutely necessary for him to succeed as a politician, will do anything to gain political mileage.

how so?

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    1) Anyone visiting the US is doing so voluntarily. As such, they are agreeing to abide by the immigration laws of the US. If the US, wants to question someone who has made fairly inflammatory statements against the country, they have a perfect right to do so.

2) Once the immigration officials questioned him, they did allow him to enter the country. Yes he missed his original flight, but Imran wasn't barred from entering the States.

3) If Imran feels aggrieved/insulted, he is perfectly within his rights to never visit the US again. Of course that means he'd never be able to fund raise in the States, but hey, it's all about the principled stand more than the money right?
    What inflammatory statements? That Drones are killing innocents? And have killed so many Children....? What's so inflammatory about it?

He is raising money most of which is for a great cause in shape of Shaukat Khanam Hospital. As a Pakistani i would not be mocking his efforts for this cause at least.
    Last edited by Faisal1985; 30-10-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    As much as I'm absolutely on the opposite side of the US when it comes to drone attacks, think it's fair to assume they won't happily let someone criticising them for it in the press waltz into the country without asking about their intentions/wonder what they're doing there.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    yes but Imran has come a lot on media and just the other day he again clarified his stance on canadian TV

IMRAN KHAN Latest Interview to Canadian TV CBC
    Surprised at such ordinary performance by a CBC host.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    The idea that Gujrat prospered because USA/UK refused Visa to Modi is just offensive to me, Yes Germany also prospered economically under Hitler after the treaty of Versailles.
    I'm pretty sure that that's not what he is getting at. He's not saying that Gujarat prospered because the US/UK denied Visa to Modi. There's no link between the two. Rather, he's suggesting that the UK changed their tune once Gujarat started prospering economically.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    As much as I'm absolutely on the opposite side of the US when it comes to drone attacks, think it's fair to assume they won't happily let someone criticising them for it in the press waltz into the country without asking about their intentions/wonder what they're doing there.
    Its not only Imran saying this. There are institutions in the U.S. itself who are talking about it now.

As per a report on Drone strikes by Stanford Law School and New York University School of Law:
    “The number of high-level militants killed as a percentage of total casualties is extremely low – estimated at just 2%. Furthermore, evidence suggests that US strikes have facilitated recruitment to violent non-state armed groups, and motivated further violent attacks.”

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    I'm pretty sure that that's not what he is getting at. He's not saying that Gujarat prospered because the US/UK denied Visa to Modi. There's no link between the two. Rather, he's suggesting that the UK changed their tune once Gujarat started prospering economically.
    So, like my friend Fusion said "money over a principled stand"

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Its not only Imran saying this. There are institutions in the U.S. itself who are talking about it now.

As per a report on Drone strikes by Stanford Law School and New York University School of Law:
    “The number of high-level militants killed as a percentage of total casualties is extremely low – estimated at just 2%. Furthermore, evidence suggests that US strikes have facilitated recruitment to violent non-state armed groups, and motivated further violent attacks.”
    Doesn't matter. Imran, a significant foreign national, is bagging them to the world's press. Whether the program is controversial or others do it within or without the US is pretty much irrelevant, they're going to question him at immigration.

Come on, surely you can see why they'd want a chat at least. The issue isn't who's right or wrong on what Imran's saying, the issue is whether they have a right to question him and they absolutely do and it's only become more likely in the last 10 years that the already over-zealous US immigration would do so.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 30-10-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Doesn't matter. Imran, a significant foreign national, is bagging them to the world's press. Whether the program is controversial or others do it within or without the US is pretty much irrelevant, they're going to question him at immigration.

Come on, surely you can see why they'd want a chat at least.
    I have no issues with them questioning him.

Hell Canadian Immigration questions me as if i were an illegal alien, even though I am a Canadian Citizen......all just because I took a PIA direct flight to Toronto from Islamabad.

Only reason I am saying is that he is not giving a hate speech he is just criticizing U.S. government policy of Drones and many other U.S. institutes are too....

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post

how so?
    He is trying to justify the existence of Taliban, speaking like a true politician. He claims that he organized a peace march, it was not a peace march, it was an anti-us march and that somehow was positive..let me guess the Taliban came back and shot a 15 year old 2 days later. He is a Taliban Sympathizer, he knows he has no political career without their support.

He is falsely trying to equate that Soviet Occupation of Aghanistan with the US war in Afghanistan This guy was a friend of General Zia Ul Haq who supported the US war and fought along with them not because of pressure but because they were afraid that the Soviets would have occupied Pakistan without US support. He is blaming US for the Jihad, it was a Pakistani leader named Gen. Zia Ul Haq who fought this war too.

Gen Zia ul Haq's warning about Afghanistan & Views of Afghan War - YouTube

Here is Zia himself - zia ul haq on Afganistan.flv - YouTube

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information