Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meathead culture

Meathead culture

Anyone else notice lately (as in the last few years or so) a ridiculous increase in the number of guys obsessed with their bodies and going to the gym 10 times a week? I don't have anything against going to the gym at all (pretty much everyone does it) or getting in shape, but it's ****ing annoying when it gets to point where all someone can seemingly talk about is their strict protein shake regime or how their pecs are coming along. **** bores me to tears. And don't get me started on dudes posting shirtless profile pics of themselves flexing on FB...I mean what the hell are you doing? Are you that blinded by your own vanity that you've lost any sense of class whatsoever? Feeling is, in Australia at least, the meathead culture is on the rise something bad, no doubt thanks to absolute wankers like that Zyzz guy. And for some reason unknown to me he has seemingly gained a cult following.

i'll knock you out boy
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Tournaments Won: 1
    If I could get the time/money etc for gyming, I would certainly try my level best to get ripped. There's no harm in trying to get your body looking aesthetically pleasing.

However I agree that lots of people go way ott with it. *CoughBoobCough*
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

yeah it's fine, if not a healthy thing, to want to stay/get in shape and to look good, but like all things you have to draw the line somewhere...I'm talking about an increase in the number of people who have basically become slaves to their bodies...it's like an obsession based on excessive vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    yeah it's fine, if not a healthy thing, to want to stay/get in shape and to look good, but like all things you have to draw the line somewhere...I'm talking about an increase in the number of people who have basically become slaves to their bodies...it's like an obsession based on excessive vanity.
    Wot?

eh, what's controversial about that?

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    he has become confused as it is a bit wordy,
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

It could be read as if you're saying "it is fine, even if it isn't the most healthy thing..." just realised that wasn't what you meant

We used to have this prick at work who always had a protein shake at tea break and was banging on about the latest supplement he'd bought off the interwebz that was supposed to maximise his abs or rip his glutes or somesuch shyte.

**** still couldn't beat me in an arm wrestle tho, but. Even demanded a left-handed rematch because I had an unfair advantage in being right-handed. Won that too, ftr.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

State Vice-Captain BackFootPunch's Avatar
    I don't get it a lot of the time either tbh. There are blokes who maintain fitness/gym regimes stricter than those of pro athletes just for the sake of looking good in the mirror. ****ing ridiculous really. Honestly, if not playing sport and looking to improve etc, why does anyone need to be that big just to go about their normal life?

note to self: have brumby as my back up in night clubs.

On the topic. I wouldn't want someone prattling on about it to me. But I think if a guy wants to make himself huge then good luck to him. I think body building is pretty addictive.

State Vice-Captain BackFootPunch's Avatar
    I guess part of the problem is what seems to be associated with a lot of these guys - the insane vanity and the going out every weekend trying to pull bitches and looking for any slightly smaller **** to start a fight with.

It's genuinely getting into that 'compensating for something' territory. Men used to just buy a flash car; now it's all about being ripped as **** and making sure everyone knows about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BackFootPunch View Post
    I guess part of the problem is what seems to be associated with a lot of these guys - the insane vanity and the going out every weekend trying to pull bitches and looking for any slightly smaller **** to start a fight with.

It's genuinely getting into that 'compensating for something' territory. Men used to just buy a flash car; now it's all about being ripped as **** and making sure everyone knows about it.
    all right see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    Anyone else notice lately (as in the last few years or so) a ridiculous increase in the number of guys obsessed with their bodies and going to the gym 10 times a week? I don't have anything against going to the gym at all (pretty much everyone does it) or getting in shape, but it's ****ing annoying when it gets to point where all someone can seemingly talk about is their strict protein shake regime or how their pecs are coming along. **** bores me to tears. And don't get me started on dudes posting shirtless profile pics of themselves flexing on FB...I mean what the hell are you doing? Are you that blinded by your own vanity that you've lost any sense of class whatsoever? Feeling is, in Australia at least, the meathead culture is on the rise something bad, no doubt thanks to absolute wankers like that Zyzz guy. And for some reason unknown to me he has seemingly gained a cult following.
    Been going on in one way or another since the 80s at least but the internet has given some of the whackos a wider forum

As an example, the aerobics phenom was pretty sickening as it also involved horrible fashion and ridiculous hairstyles plus training methods werent as sophisticated so the gym literally became a bad taste party where the guests had no ****ing idea what they were doing

Also, in the 90s, triathlons became all the rage and if you ever wanted a boring evening, all you needed to do was go to one of the dinners after a big event as 95% of the ****s were so obsessed that they couldnt unwind and kept babbling on about carbo loading, fartleks and other incomprehensible ****

However, one disturbing recent trend seems to be that steroid use is gaining popularity again - FMD, how dumb to you have to be?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information