Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meathead culture

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    On the topic. I wouldn't want someone prattling on about it to me. But I think if a guy wants to make himself huge then good luck to him. I think body building is pretty addictive.
    That's fair enough, and at the end of the day people can make whatever choices that want (within reason of course). That being said though, I personally don't even think it's a particularly healthy thing to want to get massive (and I'm sure there would be some medical data to back that up somewhere). Also just seems like a completely gratuitous lifestyle to me as well - these guys spend a crazy amount on protein powder, shakes etc. (that stuff is not cheap!) and eat an obscene amount of meat and other food...just seems unnecessary. Funnily enough as well, while some women undoubtedly like massive guys, I reckon most find it a turn off.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Simpsons sums up my position on the matter, as always.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Quote Originally Posted by BackFootPunch View Post
    I guess part of the problem is what seems to be associated with a lot of these guys - the insane vanity and the going out every weekend trying to pull bitches and looking for any slightly smaller **** to start a fight with.

It's genuinely getting into that 'compensating for something' territory. Men used to just buy a flash car; now it's all about being ripped as **** and making sure everyone knows about it.
    Yeah that's exactly what my main gripe is.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    Funnily enough as well, while some women undoubtedly like massive guys, I reckon most find it a turn off.
    This has been my experience too talking to a lot of women.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

That's fair enough, and at the end of the day people can make whatever choices that want (within reason of course). That being said though, I personally don't even think it's a particularly healthy thing to want to get massive (and I'm sure there would be some medical data to back that up somewhere). Also just seems like a completely gratuitous lifestyle to me as well - these guys spend a crazy amount on protein powder, shakes etc. (that stuff is not cheap!) and eat an obscene amount of meat and other food...just seems unnecessary. Funnily enough as well, while some women undoubtedly like massive guys, I reckon most find it a turn off.
    If they did this, It'd really be alright. However a lot of supplement pricks I know seem to live on sickening brown semi-liquid substance which looks sickeningly like vomit where they mix cereal, fruit pulp and protien supplement and consume with one of those ****ing massive measuring spoons (in pic) as a replacement for food.

Looks so, so disgusting.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

Funnily enough as well, while some women undoubtedly like massive guys, I reckon most find it a turn off.
    The roided looks is definitely not in. Slim with tone definitely is. Best look to go for and you don't look like a roid boy freak either. Plus the fact that most of them don't have two brain cells to put together makes the chances of pulling a real catch immeasurably low.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    well i stay in asia and everyone weighs 20kilos so this isn't really a problem

meathead culture

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Eeuww. Looks like a varnished condom stuffed with bowling balls.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    **** still couldn't beat me in an arm wrestle tho, but. Even demanded a left-handed rematch because I had an unfair advantage in being right-handed. Won that too, ftr.
    Were you much bigger than him or did you roughly weigh the same, out of interest.

I think it isn't as bad as some people think. It is good to have an outlet for excess energy - something healthy to obsess over. Moreover, it is good that a lot of this stuff seems to mix quite nicely with men's health (i.e. not getting ill, living long healthy lives) in general. If people are concerned both with looking good and staying healthy, then best of luck to them. Personally, I steer clear of supplements because I think a diet high in milk, vegetables and meat and not too high in bread/pasta/etc style carbs does the trick for me but if you have someone who wants to get big and ripped then they might need extra protein and fewer carbs.

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    Were you much bigger than him or did you roughly weigh the same, out of interest.
    Hard to say. I'm a lot taller, but he's squatter. I probably outweigh him slightly.

He challenged me, for the record. Readers might like to think of their own disparaging "Napoleon Complex" remark.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Eeuww. Looks like a varnished condom stuffed with bowling balls.

nice description there

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    I think it isn't as bad as some people think. It is good to have an outlet for excess energy - something healthy to obsess over. Moreover, it is good that a lot of this stuff seems to mix quite nicely with men's health (i.e. not getting ill, living long healthy lives) in general. If people are concerned both with looking good and staying healthy, then best of luck to them. Personally, I steer clear of supplements because I think a diet high in milk, vegetables and meat and not too high in bread/pasta/etc style carbs does the trick for me but if you have someone who wants to get big and ripped then they might need extra protein and fewer carbs.
    No-one thinks gaining a bit of muscle and getting fitter is bad - it's that loads of them seem to love blowing their own trumpets and posting on Facebook about it because apparently being self-contented with improving themselves isn't enough.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information