Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More blasphemy please

More blasphemy please

Good thought, and I agree:

Why we need more blasphemy, not less | Firstpost

It's ok folks, you can call Tendulkar a flat track bully.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    I remember an old joke that did the rounds when the whole Satanic Verses furore was going on.

Salman Rushdie has announced the title of his new book:

Buddha, You Fat ****.

Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

I don’t know if we necessarily “need” films that are designed to target and ridicule the believes of a group, but they certainly have a right to be made. There is a difference between having an honest and critical examination of a religion and making an amateurish attempt to insult the followers of a religion.

Having said that, it is absolutely deplorable that Muslims regularly resort to violence whenever the latest insulting work to Islam or the Prophet (PBUH) comes along. There is NO justification for violence. What’s sad is that these people who are supposedly defending the “honor” of the Prophet are doing exactly the opposite of how he and the Quran advised us to behave in such situations. There are countless instances where the Prophet was insulted and even assaulted by his enemies and simply choose to ignore and forgive. The Quran itself advises to “repel evil with what is better” and “let not a people’s enmity incite you to act otherwise than with justice”. I wonder if any of the violent thugs that are protesting have actually even read the Quran at all.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    People are just ****s. Religion doesn't make them ****s, they just use it as a reason to be a ****. The people who are using violence are doing so because they see this as a good opportunity to be exercise their ****ism.

It's like how Jono uses the fact that we are surrounded by Oxygen as an excuse to be a ****.\

And WAC.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Idiots will always find an excuse to riot. I agree with Fusion about what these thugs are doing around the globe. Let the ****s play their film if they want to, just don't watch it if you don't like it.

Pathetic people like Rushdie are only successful due to thugs like Khomini who gave them that fame, otherwise nobody would even know their name.

jan
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Idiots will always find an excuse to riot. I agree with Fusion about what these thugs are doing around the globe. Let the ****s play their film if they want to, just don't watch it if you don't like it.

Pathetic people like Rushdie are only successful due to thugs like Khomini who gave them that fame, otherwise nobody would even know their name.
    Rofl. Have you ever read anything by him?
    A **** like ajatollah with foam at the mouth helps to get more people to know an author/a book ofc but surely not the type of publicity one is looking for.

World definitely needs more blasphemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    left-handed batsman, right-arm crap bowler, grainy streams watcher

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Bit of a random thought, but I saw something on FB where someone actually broke down the numbers as far as these protests go, and how only 9,000 people actually came out in protest throughout the Muslim countries. To me stuff like that is completely missing the point when diagnosing the issue. The problem isn't the number of people coming out of their houses, it's the deaths that typically are the result of these protests.

The attitude of the 'silent majority', to use a Musharraf-ism, is what really needs to change. There's simply not enough condemnation of this type of behavior. The majority of us are just too understanding of the rage following any such incident, and as a result someone gets killed over something completely ridiculous. I mean, I'll take a ****'s word that ****s will be ****s, but ultimately society has to take some responsibility, because to me if stuff is like this was deemed intolerable by the people it'd eventually get wiped out.

Completely off-topic, but I feel there's a warning in here somewhere for us Americans by the way about letting the jingoists take over.
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Yeah, but why does a muslim have to bare responsibility for what another muslim does, anymore than a christian, for example?
    ★★★★★

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I know the point you're trying to make, and I agree with it, but you're wrong about Rushdie. He won the Booker Prize for "Midnight's Children" in 1981 - several years before the Ayatollah gave "The Satanic Verses" its big publicity boost at the end of the 1980s. So he was already a serious and seriously successful writer by that point.

As for the supposed outrageousness of The Satanic Verses, I'd be amazed if one effigy-burner out of a thousand had ever so much as glanced at the book that drove them to their murderous frenzy.

Most of the people who burn effigies probably can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Yeah, but why does a muslim have to bare responsibility for what another muslim does, anymore than a christian, for example?
    I think there is silent approval, which is what nightprowler is referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Nightprowler's point goes equally for any religion. The awkward but unavoidable fact is that right now there are fewer Christians committing acts of violence in the name of their religion than there are Muslims. Their co-religionists owe a strong duty to speak up against that kind of thing.

The bloody protests we've seen are the embodiment of religion at its very worst. An enormously counter-productive and destructive over-reaction to the cruddiest little piece of internet trolling I've ever seen. And given that I've been frequenting CW for nearly half a decade that's really saying something.

I think Masjid Imam's should stand up and say something about this and tell the youths to ignore the trolls. I would also like for them to apologise for the destruction to property and loss of life. And lastly I would like to see Catholic leaders apologise for the IRA and the KKK.

They do not need to apologise. They need to condemn.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information