Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69

Thread: More blasphemy please

  1. #31
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,094
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  2. #32
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Problem with Muslims is that majority are from the third world and live in poor conditions. Islam is all they have left. They are frustrated due to their socio-economic circumstances and religion is the only hope left for them. They are desperate to believe that something is out there better than their present situation and therefore cling to the belief of salvation in the hereafter. And when someone threatens that belief they get angry, and this is what is guiding their anger.
    Well said.

  3. #33
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,338
    You could say the same thing about Hindu's in India. Yet there isn't the same type of sentiment from the majority, only easily ridiculed idiots like Shiv Sena who most people despise.

  4. #34
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,094
    an important turning point was the "jihad" against the Soviets in the 1980s


  5. #35
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,289
    problem with christians is a great number are from the third world and live in poverty. Christianity is all they have left. They are frustrated by their socio-economic circumstances and religion is the only hope left for them. They are desperate to believe that something is out there better than their present situation and therefore cling to the belief of salvation in the hereafter. And when someone threatens that belief they turn the other cheek and this is why there are no effigies being burned in Samoa, Bolivia, Ghana, Philippines or Ukraine

    not religious ftr, but I think there is underlying aggression being encouraged in the Islam religion from some quarters
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

  6. #36
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,094
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    not religious ftr, but I think there is underlying aggression being encouraged in the Islam religion from some quarters
    yep....good analysis

  7. #37
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,468
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    problem with christians is a great number are from the third world and live in poverty. Christianity is all they have left. They are frustrated by their socio-economic circumstances and religion is the only hope left for them. They are desperate to believe that something is out there better than their present situation and therefore cling to the belief of salvation in the hereafter. And when someone threatens that belief they turn the other cheek and this is why there are no effigies being burned in Samoa, Bolivia, Ghana, Philippines or Ukraine

    not religious ftr, but I think there is underlying aggression being encouraged in the Islam religion from some quarters
    No one is launching drone attacks in Ghana and Ukraine unlike Pakistan and Afghanistan. That factor doesn't really help. Pakistan never had suicide bombers or so many terrorists groups before the US invaded. Terrorists are bring created due to the war.

  8. #38
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,289
    terrorists are certainly being created

  9. #39
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,094
    am I the only one who finds this funny?

  10. #40
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,094
    actually the groundwork for terrorism was laid back in the 1980s when Pakistan was busy supporting the "jihad" and funneling billions of USDs (the generous US and Saudi grants) in setting up camps for these "freedom fighters". At that time President Reagan was busy comparing these Jihadis to the American founding fathers . But yes, that was the turning point and the start of factories churning out these "jihadis"
    Last edited by smalishah84; 22-09-2012 at 09:45 AM.

  11. #41
    International Captain ankitj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad India
    Posts
    5,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Problem with Muslims is that majority are from the third world and live in poor conditions. Islam is all they have left. They are frustrated due to their socio-economic circumstances and religion is the only hope left for them. They are desperate to believe that something is out there better than their present situation and therefore cling to the belief of salvation in the hereafter. And when someone threatens that belief they get angry, and this is what is guiding their anger.
    Very good point there.

  12. #42
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norn Iron
    Posts
    23,054
    Dirka dirka dirka, muhammad jihad
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

  13. #43
    Cricketer Of The Year zaremba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rolling right Inuit
    Posts
    8,835
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Is this guy going to get the sack?

  14. #44
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,094
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    Is this guy going to get the sack?
    I doubt. The current govt needs the seats of his constituency

  15. #45
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,065
    Its a bit like what's going on in US with the Republican party and the Tea Partiers. As crazy as a lot of their ideology is, mainstream political parties have to cater to them to some extent as they tend to bring in a lot of votes.
    RIP Craigos

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Osama bin Laden Dead
    By SirBloody Idiot in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1097
    Last Post: 28-05-2011, 10:42 AM
  2. Cricket VS Baseball Blasphemy!!!!!! HELP!!!!!
    By dongunda in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-04-2008, 07:44 AM
  3. Teacher Jailed for Blasphemy
    By sledger in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •