Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More blasphemy please

That film was so amateurish and boring, I didn't even complete it.
    Last edited by ankitj; 20-09-2012 at 11:02 AM.

U19 Debutant
    Rushdie's 3rd person account of what he went thru during the fatwa years..its in long-form

“The Satanic Verses,” the Fatwa, and a Life Changed : The New Yorker

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I think Masjid Imam's should stand up and say something about this and tell the youths to ignore the trolls. I would also like for them to apologise for the destruction to property and loss of life. And lastly I would like to see Catholic leaders apologise for the IRA and the KKK.
    The Klan is very protestant, so I think the Popeish lot's hands are clean on that one.

They might wanna chuck in a mea culpa about the whole "helping Nazis excape to Latin America" tho.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Haha, yes I overlooked that. Why stop at the Catholics? Why do we never hear apologies from the Jews and blacks for the KKK?

The way I see it. Blaspheme long enough and get people to follow you and you can start a new religion. So no we don't need blasphemy, we need to classify people too much into religion as clinically crazy. Hope the atheists out number the religious people in a few centuries. patcondellFTW.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    As the uber-atheist on these forums who has gotten into more than one discussion on religion, I should give my opinion. I think that blasphemy for its own sake is not necessary. However, I think any philosophy ought to be open to criticism, and if someone is basing their decisions or opinion (or laws) based on that philosophy, than it's fair game. It could be communism, Christianity, Buddhism, fascism, capitalism, or whatever. You can't have a free society without debating and criticising those underlying assumptions and truths that people use to make their decisions. To say religion should be off limits to criticism while at the same time using that religion to justify actions, laws or behavior is asinine and a complete copout. Some of that criticism might be warranted, some not, some may be productive, some not. You can choose to respond to it, or you can ignore it. But trying to stamp it out by force or intimidation is never the right course of action, and is anathema to a proper free and civil society.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

I always chuckle when I see protesters against the ridicule of the prophet burning an American flag. Today's hypocrisy award goes to the psycho with the kerosine and lighter.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Zaremba pretty much covered what I was talking about. As far as the silent approval goes, well I'm not sure if it is quite an approval or not, but it can be construed as such and it sure as hell doesn't help.

Jeez...shocking and yet not at the same time.
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    People are just ****s. Religion doesn't make them ****s, they just use it as a reason to be a ****. The people who are using violence are doing so because they see this as a good opportunity to be exercise their ****ism.

.\

And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Religions, along with other prevalent social conditions, shape human thought and behaviour IMO. Failing to realize that will mean no reform ever. Hence, we need more blasphemy. That's what the article says.

Although it should also be said that general aimlessness and frustration in life leads to these acts of unfathomably meaningless violence. Why only religion, there was a time a few years back when there were clashes in Bangalore when a famous movie actor died of perfectly normal causes in old age. One has to wonder who are they "protesting" against!
    Last edited by ankitj; 21-09-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Although it should also be said that general aimlessness and frustration in life leads to these acts of unfathomably meaningless violence. !
    This

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    The way I see it. Blaspheme long enough and get people to follow you and you can start a new religion. So no we don't need blasphemy, we need to classify people too much into religion as clinically crazy. Hope the atheists out number the religious people in a few centuries. patcondellFTW.
    Dawkins and Hitchens are far better speakers on atheism than Pat Condell IMO.
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Religions, along with other prevalent social conditions, shape human thought and behaviour IMO. Failing to realize that will mean no reform ever. Hence, we need more blasphemy. That's what the article says.
    Problem with Muslims is that majority are from the third world and live in poor conditions. Islam is all they have left. They are frustrated due to their socio-economic circumstances and religion is the only hope left for them. They are desperate to believe that something is out there better than their present situation and therefore cling to the belief of salvation in the hereafter. And when someone threatens that belief they get angry, and this is what is guiding their anger.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information