Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shaving

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Don't reckon they actually save all that much time either. Plus they're rubbish on those hairs on my throat radiating out from my Adam's apple that have a grain that grows sidewards rather than down. End up either hacking the skin & leaving attractive red welts or leaving hairs I have to go over with a trimmer.

Those real men amongst you who dare to use a blade: what do you find is the optimum number of shaves per blade/set of blades? Three for me, certainly no more than four. Starts to not shave cleanly after that and I can feel it pulling.
    Reckon it saves time personally because of the lack of applying shaving cream. At 6am those 20 seconds matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

cpr
    Feeling wrong for being clean shaven ATM, but needs must this week.

Normally trim it down to 'designer stubble' length - partly failing attempt at vanity, mainly I look 14 when clean shaven. Happy to leave it a month TBH, as it tends to grow quite neat, and stops in rather a neat line before it reaches my neck
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Don't reckon they actually save all that much time either. Plus they're rubbish on those hairs on my throat radiating out from my Adam's apple that have a grain that grows sidewards rather than down. End up either hacking the skin & leaving attractive red welts or leaving hairs I have to go over with a trimmer.

Those real men amongst you who dare to use a blade: what do you find is the optimum number of shaves per blade/set of blades? Three for me, certainly no more than four. Starts to not shave cleanly after that and I can feel it pulling.
    So much AWTA.

Use an electric because my skin is sensitive as ****. Need to shave every second day to be passable for school.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Try to avoid shaving as much as possible and I like my stubble look. Don't have a permanent razor, just use disposable Gillette Fusions which last about 3 shaves each for me.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Razors or bust. Can't stand electric. I've been using Gillette Fusion for some time now, waiting for something with 6 or 7 blades to come out though. Have to shave once a day at the very least, sometimes even at lunch.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Razors or bust. Can't stand electric. I've been using Gillette Fusion for some time now, waiting for something with 6 or 7 blades to come out though. Have to shave once a day at the very least, sometimes even at lunch.

Double edge razor, your face will thank you. Made the switch a couple of months back, and now cant believe I even tried those fusions and machs.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

cpr
    Just to check, we are talking about the face, right?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    nipples

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    If anyone is in London, pop down to George F Trumper's in Mayfair and get a wet shave. Takes about 45 minutes to an hour and it's fantastic. They use the old cut throat razor and all. Brilliant.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    45 minutes?? I'd probably start dozing off and he'd lop my earlobe off by accident.

Nah it's fantastic. They put the proper stuff on to soften the whiskers, ask you whether you shave with or against the grain, do the hot towels on the face, use the razor then put the proper balms on afterwards to stop the skin rashing up then put on the after shave of your choice.

And it's all done in an old Victorian style barber's with the traditional chairs and all. It's great.

get it done in asia for around $1.50 iirc inc tip
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Yeah but if you cop a nick from the razor you end up with Hep C

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Clippers with no attachment.
    (Y)

Leave some stubble.

This does result in the neck hair issue that Brumby has mentioned.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post

Double edge razor, your face will thank you. Made the switch a couple of months back, and now cant believe I even tried those fusions and machs.
    Yeah have definitely thought about it. I think I like the fact that since I don't have too much surface area to actually shave, with a Fusion etc. I can just do it on the fly. I take way too much time on maintaining my beard and that usually leaves very little time for actual shaving. I suppose that can be resolved by using a trimmer, but I just love working on my beard with a pair of sharp scissors. I've never actually used a trimmer unless it was to help me completely shave my beard off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Nah it's fantastic. They put the proper stuff on to soften the whiskers, ask you whether you shave with or against the grain, do the hot towels on the face, use the razor then put the proper balms on afterwards to stop the skin rashing up then put on the after shave of your choice.

And it's all done in an old Victorian style barber's with the traditional chairs and all. It's great.
    That does sound pretty sweet...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information