Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: What should be done about the drinking age?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it 18

12 66.67%
  • Raise it to 20

3 16.67%
  • 18 at pubs, 20 at bottle shops

3 16.67%
  • Tom Cruise wears high heels

9 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NZ drinking age - raise to 20, or keep it 18?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Funnily enough, that organisation is persona non grata with alcohol researchers purely because of the association with Drinkwise. My group won a competitive grant which also involved them, tarred 4 lyfe.

Of all the researcher who went to the last meeting run by these guys that I attended, only two didn't get fissed as a part at the conference dinner. No zealotry like hypocrtical zealotry.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 28-08-2012 at 12:21 AM.

See the thing is, that the group doesn't want to be talking about drugs and alcohol. What's the use of going in and telling kids not to drink? Had heard about the stuff with Drinkwise, but the whole body is run by a bunch of youths around 25 or so who have no interest in telling people the long term harm of alcohol, they just want to minimise the short term stuff.

You're talking to 16 year old kids who are already going out and getting boozed on a Saturday night, some of the kids we were speaking to had already been in trouble with the law. Going and preaching an alcohol lesson to them would have been about as useful as telling them that they're grounded for three months.
    Last edited by vic_orthdox; 28-08-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    don't know 'bout the rest of you but this discussion is making me long for some hard liquor
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    IMHO the idea of a "drinking age" is all a bit self-defeating anyway. The idea that at 17 years & 364 days old one's incapable of having a quiet beer and the next day one's fit to consume whatever one can afford is patently a nonsense.
    What about age cut-offs for driving, voting, sexual intercourse, going to see R and XXX rated movies etc. ?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    For the record, just about to start a social marketing assignment on alcohol fuelled violence in NSW and loving this. Keep these sources coming.
    Last edited by andyc; 28-08-2012 at 04:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    For the record, just about to start a social marketing assignment on alcohol fuelled violence in NSW and loving this. Keep these sources coming.
    Did my social marketing assignment on alcohol fuelled violence back in the day when I had to do that. One of the great campaigns.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

like for a punch in the face share for a kick in the nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Did my social marketing assignment on alcohol fuelled violence back in the day when I had to do that. One of the great campaigns.
    Oh yeah, now I remember you!

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Wasn't one of the things introduced in Newcastle a lockout? I know that in Melbourne, it led to more violence on the streets as people weren't prepared and happy to go home and there weren't enough cabs to get everyone home at that stage of the night anyway.
    This is by far the biggest problem with the system in Newcastle at the moment. A typical Friday or Saturday night involves an hour long wait for cabs at least, and public transport isn't an option for most people. All lockouts have served to do (combined with all the other restrictions like no shots, everything in plastic glasses, no RTD's etc.) is pretty much kill business in the CBD and spread the problem elsewhere. Hamilton is pretty much the next closest suburb to the CBD and it is now going through the same phase of adding more and more restrictions to curb the drunken behaviour. The biggest problem that I can see with the situation at the moment is that we now have something like four or five of the most violent pubs in NSW, yet I've been to these places hundreds of times and not seen any serious trouble. A few of them are now just reporting absolutely everything to the police, leading to a bit of an undeserved reputation, while the dodgier places get away with throwing people outside and letting them fight somewhere else or just not reporting these things at all.

well it all starts here

Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

harden up ****s

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information