Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neil Armstrong, 1st man on the moon dies

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    The problem is the prohibitive cost. Physics doesn't lie, and the fuel required is the fuel required. That's why the government has to bear the cost. Sure, we may have low earth orbit flights soon, but true space exploration will always be done by the government unless we come up with a radically new method of transport into space (e.g space elevator). Unfortunately, that's still a little beyond us at the moment and will require a bit of a breakthrough in materials engineering.
    I agree with this. My post was a facetious and cynical nudge at the current position of Western governments with regards to space exploration.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    An All Time Legend for sure. What words he uttered "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"

Am so sad to hear of this. He has taken a leap into the realm from where mankind does not return.

RIP
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    If they can find a hundred more like him then going to the moon should be a real possibility right?

First Space Tourist: How a U.S. Millionaire Bought a Ticket to Orbit | Private Spaceflight & Space Tourism | NASA, Russia & International Space Station | Space.com

$20 million per person

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Going into space and going to the moon are completely different levels. We don't even have a rocket that can get us there at this point. You'd need many tens of billions of dollars to go to the moon, unlike low earth orbit, which while not cheap, pales in comparison to going to the moon.

There are indeed millions of people willing (like me), and tens of thousands of people with the skillset (very unlike me) to be an astronaut or to be the engineers. It's a matter of $$ that's the roadblock.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 25-08-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International 12th Man blahblahblah's Avatar
    and the most sad part is most of my friends are confusing him with lance armstrong

**** their general knowledge, stupid ****s

Tournaments Won: 1
    And with that, the hoax will never be confirmed. Gah humbug.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelmatron View Post
    Now we are one man short of knowing whether the moon landings were true or the biggest hoax of all times. Condolences.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPrez View Post
    And with that, the hoax will never be confirmed. Gah humbug.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    if they went to the moon once how come they never went back??????????????????????
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

I know spikey is just kidding but it's crazy that a non-negligible number of people think it was a hoax.

You'd think the soviets might have made some noises about it being fake.

Na they were in on it too. It goes way beyond the US...the whole cold war was just a set up...it was just a smoke screen to disguise the activities of both the US and Soviet Union working together in forging a World Government...one where the space industry could be monopolised and used to launch spy satellites to monitor the activity of the mountain people. i'm scared and I don't know where my Aloperidin is.

Kind of reminds of me how people claim NASA is sitting on proof of aliens or whatever. NASA would be the FIRST agency to release all evidence - it would instantly solve all their budget problems if they found proof of extraterrestrial life.

But they want to be the only one's who can 'probe' the aliens in search of superior intelligence. Personally think they've already cross-bred humans with them...the result being this guy

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    I know spikey is just kidding but it's crazy that a non-negligible number of people think it was a hoax.
    and cite that 'well why didn't they go back' thing. jesus christ

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    and cite that 'well why didn't they go back' thing. jesus christ
    he's tasting it
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    If we ever get to a point where we are living again on a planet where no man has walked on the moon, I'm going to be pissed. It's being present for the beginning of the dark ages.
    Is there much to be gained from going back to the moon, though? I definitely agree with the sentiment, but I'd imagine there'd be more to gain from a scientific point of view from sending a man to Mars, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information