Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting Incidents in the United States

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    tbh, the bigger driver of gun violence in the US these days isn't the prevalence of guns alone, it's laws around the use of them. For example, the 'stand your ground'-type laws which got so much press for the Trayvon Martin death demonstrably increased the gun death rate by heaps as soon as they were introduced.

EDIT: Peep dis.

The NRA Wants the Law Protecting Trayvon Martin's Killer in All 50 States | Mother Jones
    Yeah this was something I meant to rise earlier, if anything, gun use has became more liberal and free and legal and all that in recent years in the US, despite the continuing headlines
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Haha, what a douche. The theatre was full with tear gas and the dude was wearing a gas mask; random people would have barely been able to see let alone calm themselves enough to hit a target in a room full of people frekaing out.
    Absolutely. But it seems to be a pretty commonly-held view. This from NY Times:
    Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg of New York, who has waged a national campaign for stricter gun laws, offered a political challenge. “Maybe it’s time that the two people who want to be president of the United States stand up and tell us what they are going to do about it,” Mr. Bloomberg said during his weekly radio program, “because this is obviously a problem across the country.”

Luke O’Dell of the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, a Colorado group on the other side of the debate over gun control, took a nearly opposite view. “Potentially, if there had been a law-abiding citizen who had been able to carry in the theater, it’s possible the death toll would have been less.”

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    So sad to read about this.

Does anyone know about the motive?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Haha, what a douche. The theatre was full with tear gas and the dude was wearing a gas mask; random people would have barely been able to see let alone calm themselves enough to hit a target in a room full of people freaking out.
    It's the go-to argument pro gunners fall to whenever a debate doesn't go their way. That, and the fact that it's in the constitution. Because you see everything in the costitution makes perfect sense in modern times, as witnessed by the election of a president whose own vote should count for 3/5ths of a normal one.
    RIP Craigos

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Something similar happened in Toronto recently as well at BBQ party and now this. Its terrible and I was sitting with my eyes wide open while watching the Dark Knight Rises. Especially on all those late comers to the theater...
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Something similar happened in Toronto recently as well at BBQ party and now this. Its terrible and I was sitting with my eyes wide open while watching the Dark Knight Rises. Especially on all those late comers to the theater...
    Someone may do a copy cat killing who knows. And yes they would pick the same movie.

The only thing similar I can think of in terms of movie killings was the gangsta rub out of a gang boss while he was watching Donnie Brasco (sp?) in Vancouver. Happened 6 or 7 years ago.

Donnie Brasco - Forget About It - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Something similar happened in Toronto recently as well at BBQ party and now this.

i think everyone knows this already, hence why it hasn't been mentioned in here (i think), but one of the people killed just narrowly avoided that shooting: Late Night Thoughts on the Eaton Center Shooting A Run On of Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Someone may do a copy cat killing who knows. And yes they would pick the same movie.

The only thing similar I can think of in terms of movie killings was the gangsta rub out of a gang boss while he was watching Donnie Brasco (sp?) in Vancouver. Happened 6 or 7 years ago.

Donnie Brasco - Forget About It - YouTube
    I know copy cats must be out there...there was more security at the theaters playing Dark Knight Rises but still they were not doing any such searches on customers which would find someone carrying a gun to a theater...I think they should do such searches for everyone's safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    i think everyone knows this already, hence why it hasn't been mentioned in here (i think), but one of the people killed just narrowly avoided that shooting: Late Night Thoughts on the Eaton Center Shooting A Run On of Thoughts
    Are you serious this person died in the theater shooting???

Yep. She was a sports writer: https://twitter.com/jessicaredfield

Charges unlikely against man who shot robbers | Gainesville.com

EDIT: I don't mean that to imply that someone with a gun in the theater would have been a good idea. I think it's just a cultural thing.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 22-07-2012 at 11:40 AM.

happened just a few miles from where i live...weirdly enough my sister called really early in the morning from india to give us this news! she was in the u.s until just a few days back and we had gone to see spiderman in another theater complex in aurora...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information