Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting Incidents in the United States

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Gun laws have only liberalised under Obama, for the record. Even if there are changes instigated by his administration (doubt it), let's not forget that.
    I think I made that point in my rant. The man has been so frightened of going against the gun lobby it's been pathetic.

Fascinatedly and weirdly coincidentally, when this story first broke (without knowledge of the death toll) a lot of pro-gunners blathered about this story, eerily similar. Their point was you don't need guns to be mental. Yet in the end it seems there are no fatalities there, but ya know guns are REALLY good at killing people.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Gun laws have only liberalised under Obama, for the record. Even if there are changes instigated by his administration (doubt it), let's not forget that.
    Yep. I am not expecting any change. More and more incidents will keep on happening. But NRA has too much political power to go against, only Al Gore seemed to go against them 12 years ago. Now there really is no chance anyone will do any thing to change.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    I saw a client last week who'd been refused a visa to travel to the US because he had a not all that recent fixed penalty ticket for a minor public order offence - they are an odd lot over there, they really are

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Don't forget the parents will be paying the medical bills for their wounded children for forever and a day because American healthcare is a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post

Legend.
    Absolutely

And, to be fair, Kim Beazley, Tim Fisher and Cheryl Kernot for all backing him at the time.
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    The other point I was making, though, is that aside from not expecting any serious action, Obama should be held partially responsible for the situation and criticised accordingly. No-one does or will go after him for it for fairly obvious reasons, though, but it's shocking how lightly he gets off. This **** is happening under his watch. I'm not advocating a total gun ban but Jesus, how about some meaningful restriction of semi-auto weapons? How about a serious look at how people can get this **** at gun shows with minimal checks?

Interesting to note this is yet another one where the crook was wearing a ballistic vest. That's still a fairly new trend in this stuff, suggestive of more pre-emption and planning than has historically been the case. Less of the "I better do this quick before someone takes my guns away" because, well, there's no serious threat of that happening. Lawmakers, you might want to start there.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 14-12-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Really enjoy reading your posts on this issue

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat;2973465[B
    ]The other point I was making, though, is that aside from not expecting any serious action, Obama should be held partially responsible for the situation and criticised accordingly. No-one does or will go after him for it for fairly obvious reasons, though, but it's shocking how lightly he gets off.[/B]

Interesting to note this is yet another one where the crook was wearing a ballistic vest. That's still a fairly new trend in this stuff, suggestive of more pre-emption and planning than has historically been the case. Less of the "I better do this quick before someone takes my guns away" because, well, there's no serious threat of that happening.
    I did get the point you're making, but I just don't see how Obama can do anything about it, look at the comments and the plusses below that article I posted about the China thing. I have no idea about Obama's personal views on guns, but SilentStriker is just blase about it, and that seems to be the way of most Americans. edit, yet on your edit it is along with some of his foreign policy, one of his major failings.

As others have said Gore seemed to be the only one who cared, those hanging Chads may have cost the world a great progressive president.
    Last edited by grecian; 14-12-2012 at 03:24 PM.

The weirdest aspect of the whole thing is that the loopy ones on the right have held protests because they're apparently in fear of him taking their guns away, despite no moves in that direction in 5 years of his presidency. They seem to honestly think he's foxing on this issue. It's freaking bizarre.

Another interesting* factoid, worth noting that Connecticut is most definitely a concealed/open carry state with very few restrictions on gun type/make/model and no restrictions on magazine size. So I'm guessing we're going to find out this guy's guns were totally legal.

* I meant predictable.

terrible stuff. people are ****ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    The Great State of Michigan picked a perfect day to be completely ****ing stupid, too.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Last edited by Spikey; 14-12-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    A trashy taboid while commenting on a Indian judge being an interested party and still sitting on the bench for a case accidentally showed a picture of another similar looking retired judge for 10 seconds before taking it off and having an apology on TV for the next week or so.

The guy sued and got R.100 crore in damages (About 20 million $).

Happy fudging retirement, eh.
    Times Now, is the number 1 English news channel in India by a decent distance tbf.

And they had to show a pic of some judge involved in the provident fund scam, but apparently googled and put up a wrong one of a retired SC Judge for a few seconds.

The judgement was over the top and then them having to deposit the money before appealing took the cake.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Wow, that's pretty shocking.

And so is the hold NRA has on the US political system.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information