Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dexies/Adderall

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!

Dexies/Adderall

Ok guys, give me your opinions on the study drug. I am currently thinking of taking some as I have oncoming assessments for which I am not well prepared for at all - at least in my mind. I also know lots of people who use it and swear by it. A close friend of mine basically credits her HD (high distinction) grades to it. I also read some negative stuff about it but I am not sure how to take it all.

What do you guys think? I don't plan on abusing it but I guess no one plans on that. I just want to get through these assessments which I am worried about. Any advice?
    I think there'll sooner be another Bradman than another Warne. - Gidgeon Haigh

[Warne is] the greatest bowler ever produced in this entire world - Muttiah Muralidaran

[Warne is] the greatest bowler of all time - Glenn McGrath

In my opinion Shane Warne is the greatest cricketer who's ever lived - Ian Botham

Warne is the greatest cricketer to pick up a ball ever.
    And is the greatest bowler I have ever laid eyes on. - Brian Lara

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I have heard that pure oxygen improves your memory. Don't know if it's true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Obviously a bit late now, but would have advised you take it when you aren't under any pressure of anything and seeing how you react. Wouldn't really recommend taking anything like this when you are in an important situation if you don't know how it's going to affect you. Last thing you want it to give you a bad reaction and then screwing you over for your exams.

That said, I'm someone who definitely think drugs can have a lot of positive things about them, so I think it's worth trying if you think it might help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Plan ahead sensibly and do the work should see you fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Obviously a bit late now, but would have advised you take it when you aren't under any pressure of anything and seeing how you react. Wouldn't really recommend taking anything like this when you are in an important situation if you don't know how it's going to affect you. Last thing you want it to give you a bad reaction and then screwing you over for your exams.

That said, I'm someone who definitely think drugs can have a lot of positive things about them, so I think it's worth trying if you think it might help you.
    Yeah, this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post

Thanks. Well, what do you consider not under pressure? I have about 10 days till my assessments begin so I guess I could try it out.

Usually I wouldn't consider such a thing as I am generally well-prepared - well, enough so in my mind. However, this semester I have taken an extra unit and I had some personal stuff which hampered me quite a bit for a few weeks so I am thinking I might do it. Generally, and surprisingly, a lot of people I've asked use it. And here I was studying naturally LOL.

What I wanted to know is if anyone has used them, how well they worked and are the side-effects significant enough for me to stay away from it. I've generally heard that if you don't abuse it you'll be fine. Then you read online and there are some horror stories where people have gotten really dependent on it.
    Last edited by Ikki; 23-05-2012 at 02:26 AM.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Should probably point out here that dextroamphetamine is a Class B controlled substance in the UK and CW has a policy about not encouraging illegal activity, does it not?
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Educational purposes fair enough, delete I guess!

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Educational purposes fair enough, delete I guess!
    You were only suggesting this with a script from a "medical professional" right?

Don't use have been tempted to however. Heard positive reports. 10 days is borderline fwiw on a trial IME with prescribed drugs for mental issues.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Named after the drug, ftr.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Ikki, if by some horrible happenstance the drug has a permanent, deleterious effect on your health which renders you disabled, you won't mind if it gets advertised around so people know not to use it, will you?

I mean, rather that than have it regulated and all...
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Do you ever spend any time with your wife? Because you're always on my cock.

I hadn't noticed....

Which may actually be an indictment of both of us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information