Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Pakistani Men guilty of grooming.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar

9 Pakistani Men guilty of grooming.

BBC News - Rochdale grooming trial: Nine found guilty of child sex charges

Some pretty disturbing stuff. These bastards deserve life sentences for what they have done to those poor girls. And I can't believe some of them had kids the same age. Disgusting.

So why is this happening in the British Pakistani community and nowhere else? For example stuff like this never happens in the US Pakistani community or say the Australian Pakistani community. What is so different about the British community?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Obviously the British influence isn't it?

There you go, I've saved you the process of getting to the slag off.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I heard some cock on the news the other day saying that if he had a thirteen year old daughter she'd be in bed at 7pm and that it takes two to tango. He was from the same community as these guys, I'm hoping (and would imagine) he doesn't speak for the majority but either way it was a disgusting statement.

FTR good luck getting a 4 year old to be in bed every night at 7, nevermind a ****ing teenager
    Phil Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    BBC News - Rochdale grooming trial: Nine found guilty of child sex charges

Some pretty disturbing stuff. These bastards deserve life sentences for what they have done to those poor girls. And I can't believe some of them had kids the same age. Disgusting.

So why is this happening in the British Pakistani community and nowhere else? For example stuff like this never happens in the US Pakistani community or say the Australian Pakistani community. What is so different about the British community?
    What I always find interesting about these cases is that the victims are almost always white. Whether there's a perception that white girls are easier or there's a reluctance to treat Asian girls the same way, but I think there's a definite racial issue to cases like this.
    ​63*

hmm. The race angle takes us into choppy waters I think

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    I heard some cock on the news the other day saying that if he had a thirteen year old daughter she'd be in bed at 7pm and that it takes two to tango. He was from the same community as these guys, I'm hoping (and would imagine) he doesn't speak for the majority but either way it was a disgusting statement.

FTR good luck getting a 4 year old to be in bed every night at 7, nevermind a ****ing teenager
    Which comes back to what I said about the way that white girls are looked upon by the people who perpretrate these crimes.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    hmm. The race angle takes us into choppy waters I think
    Why? The community representative cited in the article acknowledges it as far as I can see?
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

AWTA.

Blaming a 16 old year by saying she shouldn't have been out is a ****ty thing to say.

I also agree with Furby that these ****ers specifically target white girls because of their perception towards them. For example they could very easily target Pakistani or Asian girls because you have to remember they groom over time, with the first interaction being a nice gesture shown towards the poor victim. It could be as small as a free meal in their takeaway in the middle of the afternoon (and not after 7pm).

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Why? The community representative cited in the article acknowledges it as far as I can see?
    I'm never quite sure what is meant by a "community representative" - always seems a bit too vague for me. And the chap they quoted certainly wasn't speaking on behalf of this particular bunch of rapists.

In the absence of some pretty powerful evidence I personally would shy away from making race-based generalisations about this issue.

Assistant Chief Constable Steve Heywood of Greater Manchester Police (GMP) denied that the ethnicity of either the defendants or the victims was a factor.

"It is not a racial issue," he said. "This is about adults preying on vulnerable young children.

"It just happens that in this particular area and time the demographics were that these were Asian men."

I'm not saying that's necessarily correct, but it's what I'd have thunk, instinctively.
    Last edited by zaremba; 12-05-2012 at 05:42 PM.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Which comes back to what I said about the way that white girls are looked upon by the people who perpretrate these crimes.
    There's certainly that perception re: white girls in the Indian (and India) community as well. It's very unfortunate. Though I haven't heard of crimes like this in the US (by either the Pakistani or the Indian community). Is this a problem within the Indian community in the UK. AFAIK, there are more Indians than Pakistanis in UK, if I'm not mistaken? Considering how much culture we share, I'm surprised we haven't heard this from the Indian community over there - is it the media not reporting or do you have a difference in the cultures? Anecdotal of course, but I was a little surprised by the type of questions I got from my old friends when I visited India in high school, when my girlfriend at the time was white.

I don't know what it's like in Pakistan or other parts of India.

EDIT: I feel like I've had these questions before, but I can't remember if it was on here or what the answers were.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 12-05-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    In the absence of some pretty powerful evidence I personally would shy away from making race-based generalisations about this issue.
    As much as I hate anecdotal evidence this isn't the first case of its type that I've read about.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    There's certainly that perception re: white girls in the Indian (and India) community as well. It's very unfortunate. Though I haven't heard of crimes like this in the US (by either the Pakistani or the Indian community). Is this a problem within the Indian community in the UK. AFAIK, there are more Indians than Pakistanis in UK, if I'm not mistaken? Considering how much culture we share, I'm surprised we haven't heard this from the Indian community over there - is it the media not reporting or do you have a difference in the cultures? Anecdotal of course, but I was a little surprised by the type of questions I got from my old friends when I visited India in high school, when my girlfriend at the time was white.

EDIT: I feel like I've had these questions before, but I can't remember if it was on here or what the answers were.
    No. The Indian community has not been involved in anything of this sort in the UK. It's just some ****s from the Pakistani community.

And yes to that SS. We had a thread about this before in off-topic and you were involved in the debate then as well, so you probably were thinking about that.

Old men and their memories.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post

The cases that I've read about have tended to involve the Pakistani community in Britain.

I'm not sure on UK demographics as a whole, things might be skewed by London. Certainly in Glasgow the vast majority of the South Asian population is Punjabi, which I believe is mostly drawn from Pakistan - certainly at my school anyway, almost half the school roll of 1,200 was Muslim whereas you could probably count the number of Indians on one hand (I'm using a loose "non-Muslim" definition of Indian) and the perception I have of northern English cities is that a good chunk of their South Asian populations are also Pakistani descended.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar

It takes two to tango? In a rape? Someone needs to show that guy a dictionary.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information