Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuclear Power Plants

Nuclear Power Plants

Kudankulam nuclear power plant set to roll in six weeks - Times Of India

Are there any alternate sources to generate power as effectively as a nuclear power plant? And are foreign activists funding money against a government move(which is a necessity for the country's development) acceptable when the issue is a grey area like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    And are foreign activists funding money against a government move(which is a necessity for the country's development) acceptable when the issue is a grey area like this?
    No.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Elaborate?

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    And are foreign activists funding money against a government move(which is a necessity for the country's development) acceptable when the issue is a grey area like this?
    Yes. As long as they are doing it within the laws of that country, I don't see a problem. We all share this planet, and while I am a big proponent of nuclear energy, I have no issues with people using their resources to fight what they see (rightly or wrongly) as a move causing environmental damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Yes. As long as they are doing it within the laws of that country, I don't see a problem. We all share this planet, and while I am a big proponent of nuclear energy, I have no issues with people using their resources to fight what they see (rightly or wrongly) as a move causing environmental damage.
    Doesn't apply to this case, IMO. Apparently the NGOs diverted funds obtained for health and education purposes into the protest effort. Brings their motive into question.

Anyway, as far as the local angle is concerned, it might be worthwhile to figure out if it is truly opposition on principle or merely window dressing for good old NIMBY. Shri to log off CW and put in some leg work, IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    It's pronounced Nucular.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

I think Redback's a bit of an expert if you can a hold of him.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Doesn't apply to this case, IMO. Apparently the NGOs diverted funds obtained for health and education purposes into the protest effort. Brings their motive into question.

Anyway, as far as the local angle is concerned, it might be worthwhile to figure out if it is truly opposition on principle or merely window dressing for good old NIMBY. Shri to log off CW and put in some leg work, IMO

Has their been any proof of that ?

I'm all for Nuclear power and Kudankulum is almost ready to be operationalized and generate essential power for 3 states IIRC, but not sure those allegations by this central government are credible or not because they tend to do it with everyone.

3 states? Tamil Nadu needs about 2500 MW as it is and this plant is apparently going to generate just 1000 MW. Would be a bad move by the state government if they are going to let other states use this plant as well.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Bro, turnitin will find where you plagiarised your essay from in an instant, so you better paraphrase everything people tell you properly else you're ****ed

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Not exactly difficult to avoid that if you reference properly tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post

Has their been any proof of that ?
    I think so. They've arrested a German national and have cancelled the licences of three NGOs for misrepresentation while attracting funds.

Simon Champion!
    3 states? Tamil Nadu needs about 2500 MW as it is and this plant is apparently going to generate just 1000 MW. Would be a bad move by the state government if they are going to let other states use this plant as well.
    Do your research.

Kudankulam Nuclear Power plant cannot be allowed to remain idle: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today said the Kudankulam Nuclear Power plant, whose commissioning has been stalled due to protests, cannot be allowed to remain "idle" when the nation has sunk an amount of Rs 14,000 crore on the project.

Singh said there is a growing view which he also shared that the agitation against the Russian-aided project has been "overdone".

Expressing confidence that ultimately good sense would prevail among those concerned over safety issues for operationalising the plant, he said government has gone out of its way to assure as much as it can that the 1000 MW nuclear reactors each that have been put in place in Tirunelveli district are the "safest available" in the world.

Singh had yesterday said that the first unit of the Kudankulam nuclear power project will be operationalised in a "couple of weeks" and that the second unit will be commissioned six months later.

"It is my sincere hope that Tamil Nadu which is short of power supply will recognise that there is a plant of 2000 MW set up at cost to the nation of Rs 14,000 crore, we cannot simply let it idle," he said.

Singh said that if the first two units of Kudankulam generate 2000 MW power, nearly 1000 MW would be availed by Tamil Nadu and the rest would be available to other states in the South.

The Prime Minister made the remarks when asked about his hopes of operationalising the plant when the ground realities are different.
    Kudankulam Nuclear Power plant cannot be allowed to remain idle: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh - Economic Times

It is a joint Centre/State project as all Nuclear reactors would be i believe, so only half the power goes to the host state.

The deal for these 2 reactors was signed in 1988 and construction started in 2001 and they are 94% and 99% complete each.

Also, a new deal has been signed in 2008 i believe between Russia and India to start work on 4 more reactors work on which started after the Indo - US deal was signed, but most of the work since then has been stopped by these protestors.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    I think so. They've arrested a German national and have cancelled the licences of three NGOs for misrepresentation while attracting funds.
    It's pretty easy for the government to sell a propoganda doing that. They didn't arrest the german guy but deported him for just allegedly participating in the protest against the terms of his visa and that is all. Let them come out with concrete proof first.

Either way they will have to act soon, as there is a real risk of Corrosion if these reactors remain not operationalized. No doubts these protestors are going overboard but i think the government also should have handled this in a more planned way.

There is no way with these professional protestors plus local worries around the country after Fukushima that they are going to be able to build all the plants they want too in other places either if they don't come out wiht a established policy and talk to allay fears in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Let them come out with concrete proof first.
    If the government doesn't have proof, they can't expect to cancel the licences of three NGOs and not get sued in return. Money trails are easy to establish for bodies that live off grants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information