Thread: Ipod FM adapters/transmitters - any recommendations?

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar

Ipod FM adapters/transmitters - any recommendations?

So we've got a new car, but it doesn't have an auxiliary audio input or tape deck - just a CD player. Are there any Ipod FM transmitters that are worth purchasing, or should I just save up and fork out for a new stereo later?

Any help is greatly appreciated, cheers
    Exit pursuing a beer

cpr
    I used to use one a few years back, and found it to be tempermental (didnt go for any big brand though)... Especially if driving a distance - the frequency I choose may be used by a radio station elsewhere, and their signal was always far stronger.

If your regularly driving for more than an hour, save up and by an MP3 stereo. Can fit 100 songs easily on one disk, and most have an input socket. When I bought one about 6 years ago it was only 100, so are probably fairly well priced nowadays.

Luckily my current car has a tape deck Just hook the ipod in through that
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Probably won't bother with a FM adapter then, they don't exactly seem to have a brilliant reputation.

It's already got a MP3 disk playback, I was just trying to see if there's any possible way to avoid spending all that time burning my music collection to CDs. Ah, ****ing first world problems. Thanks.

cpr
    All what, 4 minutes per disk

Have a look at the manual for your stereo, you might be able to get a cable that hooks upto the back of the stereo (and out somewhere on your dashboard) that you can connect your ipod too

Thread Information