Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leeds/Yorkshire people

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    There is a Goals 5-a-side Football Centre near where I live on the Kirkstall Road. I'm really not one for chasing that form of leather but the one time I did join in with my flatmate's do last year, they came across really well. The fact that we were both **** and late didn't pass comment, and when the opposition didn't turn up reducing our game to four-on-four between ourselves, they let us use the turf for free.
    Yeah, I googled Goals, my local 5-a-sides is a Goals centre and it's pretty decent.

Two more questions for now:

1. Any good kebaberies for a 3am drunken munch, or are they all much of a muchness?
    2. Anywhere that does a particularly good English breakfast?

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Only ever had an English Breakfast in Leeds in a hotel etc. All good, but the real good & greasy ones I've never had.
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Two more questions for now:

1. Any good kebaberies for a 3am drunken munch, or are they all much of a muchness?
    2. Anywhere that does a particularly good English breakfast?
    1. All much of a very cheap muchness. Hundreds of them, all with kebab, pizza and burgers made by a lone Asian man who doesn't wear gloves. Pizza > Kebab, though. Your typical kebab is around £2.50-£3.00, 11" pizza around £3.50-£4.00.

2. I've kind of alarmingly realised I've never gone out for a proper breakfast here. The one time i went out to a pub with the intention of buying a full breakfast was at a sports bar to watch the RWC, and that was a crap breakfast. Outside of your bog standard Wetherspoon's affair or B&B, I can't really think where you'd go.
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 07-01-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    I'm always suspicious of shops that sell bait.

1. All much of a very cheap muchness. Hundreds of them, all with kebab, pizza and burgers made by a lone Asian man who doesn't wear gloves. Pizza > Kebab, though. Your typical kebab is around £2.50-£3.00, 11" pizza around £3.50-$4.00.

2. I've kind of alarmingly realised I've never gone out for a proper breakfast here. The one time i went out to a pub with the intention of buying a full breakfast was at a sports bar to watch the RWC, and that was a crap breakfast.
    Intriguing

Well I don't know if that's really that cheap wrt Liverpool or Glasgow, have no reference point for that other than Loughborough, where pizza is roughly twice as much.

1. All much of a very cheap muchness. Hundreds of them, all with kebab, pizza and burgers made by a lone Asian man who doesn't wear gloves. Pizza > Kebab, though. Your typical kebab is around £2.50-£3.00, 11" pizza around £3.50-$4.00.

2. I've kind of alarmingly realised I've never gone out for a proper breakfast here. The one time i went out to a pub with the intention of buying a full breakfast was at a sports bar to watch the RWC, and that was a crap breakfast. Outside of your bog standard Wetherspoon's affair or B&B, I can't really think where you'd go.
    1. That's pretty cheap.

2. Haha, I'm the same when it comes to Glasgow. There's a pretty good cafe near where the missus stays but that's a bit more upmarket than a fry-up.

What is this muppet talking about, you go to Sharen's Den on Cardigan Road, between Hyde Park and Burley Park Rail. Of course you do.

Well I don't know if that's really that cheap wrt Liverpool or Glasgow, have no reference point for that other than Loughborough, where pizza is roughly twice as much.
    Check it again

shhhh

cpr
    Really, veto'd Newcastle? It caters for all, from damn, damn good rock clubs to drunken brawls with pissed up footballers. Awesome paintball place just off the A1 too.

Don't know too much of Leeds, only been on student nights out - Hope its Fab Cafe has improved though, wasn't a patch on Manchesters last time I was in (didn't even have a Dalek ffs)
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Really, veto'd Newcastle? It caters for all, from damn, damn good rock clubs to drunken brawls with pissed up footballers. Awesome paintball place just off the A1 too.

Don't know too much of Leeds, only been on student nights out - Hope its Fab Cafe has improved though, wasn't a patch on Manchesters last time I was in (didn't even have a Dalek ffs)
    Hope they refused you water.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I think that's roughly the correct price for a pizza from a Pakistani takeaway.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

i wouldnae recommend nation of shopkeepers - it is, or used to be, great for a night of quality boozing with live music but then it transformed into hipster central

3 pizzas for 10 quid's the standard at yer generic asian takeaway outside the centre and that on its own is worth a trip over from stockholm, thinking about it...
    Last edited by Beleg; 07-01-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Leeds/Yorkshire people

Best people ever.
    ~ Cribbage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information