Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Exposed: Groomed for Sex

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I have heard about boys being sold in the sex slave trade. For example I know that it's done in Afghanistan, but I didn't know that there were more cases for boys than girls, and I am very shocked to hear that. But how is it that there is more demand for boys?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Don't start me on this one. Dirty bunch of wankers close to me are due in court soon for doing just this, worst bit is where they were videoing it all, the guy from that house is allowed to take his daughter to school every day. Makes my blood run cold watching him look at other kids, sick ****er.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Depends on where we are talking about but here, it's an issue of supply. Girls are watched closer and the issue has had much greater attention for many years so people pick up on the signs that girls are being abused quicker, underage girls in brothels tend to get picked up and shunted out straight away, etc. Boys doing it slip under the radar easier, attract less suspicion, etc. The perception is still around that a healthy (or at least mutually beneficial) sexual relationship between an older man and a teenage boy can happen. Girls having sex with an older man = abuse. Boys having sex with an older man = experimenting. Add $ to the mix and, like I said, virtually no sympathy from most people.

So yeah, as I said, convincing people it goes on at all is hard but then convincing them that's it's actually a problem is harder still. Again, depends on where; in the Middle-East and Africa, I know the bigger market is still for young girls. Western countries, different story although it's even tough to generalise over a whole country. Even then, after working your arse off to prove the problem exists and maybe even getting enough to pinch someone for it, convincing a jury in court becomes a nightmare when it's a boy, especially if they have attitude problems which young boys who've been 'allowing' some old dude to have sex with them for money tend to have. Juries are such wusses when it comes to **** like this, seem to worry more about the community standing and consequences of a guilty verdict of the perp when it comes to male victims.

Ireland recently grappled with this and their clergy. Christ, the police were even helping them out.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 06-12-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Don't start me on this one. Dirty bunch of wankers close to me are due in court soon for doing just this, worst bit is where they were videoing it all, the guy from that house is allowed to take his daughter to school every day. Makes my blood run cold watching him look at other kids, sick ****er.
    Hope the ****ers go to prison for a long time. Were they also Pakistani?

Stuff like this needs the death penalty imho.

not defending these guys they are true scums and deserve to get the worst (best) possible punishment for their crimes irrespective of their ethnicity but maybe the upbringing of these white girls may also have something to do in to why they are the ones who mainly get targetted.

My sister who lives in Australia has teenage daughters constantly educate her girls how to handle themselves if such people approach them many other people in her community do the same, are these white parents doing their part by educating their kids about the dangers of such incidents happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    not defending these guys they are true scums and deserve to get the worst (best) possible punishment for their crimes irrespective of their ethnicity but maybe the upbringing of these white girls may also have something to do in to why they are the ones who mainly get targetted.

My sister who lives in Australia has teenage daughters constantly educate her girls how to handle themselves if such people approach them many other people in her community do the same, are these white parents doing their part by educating their kids about the dangers of such incidents happening.
    Xuhaib that's the same excuse people make regarding rape. That it's the woman's fault because she was semi-nude. The point is that it's the person committing the crime who is at 100% fault.

Regarding this particular issue, the girls are aged from 11. How can you expect a child to avoid 30 year old bastards like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Xuhaib that's the same excuse people make regarding rape. That it's the woman's fault because she was semi-nude. The point is that it's the person committing the crime who is at 100% fault.

Regarding this particular issue, the girls are aged from 11. How can you expect a child to avoid 30 year old bastards like these.
    yeah not at all deflecting the blame just presenting an opinion that some better parenting may also help in keeping these rascals at bay from the vulnerable kids/teenagers.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    yeah not at all deflecting the blame just presenting an opinion that some better parenting may also help in keeping these rascals at bay from the vulnerable kids/teenagers.
    Parents can't keep an eye on their kids all of the time. And it's all very well educating your children as to the dangers, but a lot of the time these scumbags are plying kids with alcohol or drugs, which is obviously going to impair their judgement.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    There's a power imbalance too, the very reason for age of consent laws.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Hope the ****ers go to prison for a long time. Were they also Pakistani?

Stuff like this needs the death penalty imho.
    Yeah 7 of them, grooming kids from 14 up with alcohol and money in exchange for sex with them and their friends and others for money.
    Last edited by flibbertyjibber; 06-12-2011 at 04:40 PM.

There are a number of organisations out there that are attempting to end sex trafficking. If you feel strongly about this (and really, who wouldn't) a good organisation to donate to is The Grey Man.

I have no affiliation with them, but they are an organisation who send spies into foreign brothels and strip clubs and rescue trafficked girls.

Really disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    There are a number of organisations out there that are attempting to end sex trafficking. If you feel strongly about this (and really, who wouldn't) a good organisation to donate to is The Grey Man.

I have no affiliation with them, but they are an organisation who send spies into foreign brothels and strip clubs and rescue trafficked girls.
    I didn't know much about this issue until I watched the film Taken. It's sad that I got my knowledge through a Hollywood film. I guess that shows that it's not a widely known issue.

I didn't know much about this issue until I watched the film Taken. It's sad that I got my knowledge through a Hollywood film. I guess that shows that it's not a widely known issue.
    Yeah the awareness of this issue is generally quite poor, I only know about this through churches that I've been involved with.

It's good to know that a lot of religious organisations try to tackle issues like these.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information