Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugs

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar

Drugs

For legal purposes, I'd like to clarify that I am in no way encouraging anything. This is an attempt at adult debate related to the various mind altering substances available to your average purveyor and the curious scenarios said substances provide. Opinion may or may not come straight from the source, it could be second-hand or even imaginary. In any case, my hope is intelligence will shine forth and folks will realise when something is, well... ****ed up.

Basically, there's a reason **** is illegal but there's also a reason people do ****.

Whats your opinion on (hard) drugs? Experiences (Bad, good)? Have any of these experiences involved hookers? Xmas pudding? Large, serial killer infested country fields? Do you actually remember any of this ****?

I've had my share over the years, but I'd be interested to garner what this forum might have to offer.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Unless discussion is confined to whether or certain drugs ought to be legalised I imagine the thread will end up locked/deleted. Can't imagine James and the mods are likely to be happy with people recounting anecdotes of how they used to take heroin or whatever...

I'll submit, however, that the majority of what can be considered 'hard' drugs are banned for a reason, and ought to remain banned.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    For legal purposes, I'd like to clarify that I am in no way encouraging anything. This is an attempt at adult debate related to the various mind altering substances available to your average purveyor and the curious scenarios said substances provide. Opinion may or may not come straight from the source, it could be second-hand or even imaginary. In any case, my hope is intelligence will shine forth and folks will realise when something is, well... ****ed up.

Basically, there's a reason **** is illegal but there's also a reason people do ****.

Whats your opinion on (hard) drugs? Experiences (Bad, good)? Have any of these experiences involved hookers? Xmas pudding? Large, serial killer infested country fields? Do you actually remember any of this ****?

I've had my share over the years, but I'd be interested to garner what this forum might have to offer.
    lol

I wasn't thinking heroin, but if posters have tried something like that it might be worthwhile to discuss

Just being honest really, drugs are a part of modern life and most people will have experiences whether positive or negative

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'll submit, however, that the majority of what can be considered 'hard' drugs are banned for a reason, and ought to remain banned.
    Alcohol is legal, and is more dangerous than pretty much every illegal drug. Only heroin, methadone and crack cocaine are more dangerous.

As far as I'm concerned, people should be able to take what they want. I'm strongly for the legalisation and regulation of all currently illegal drugs; I think such a move would be a massive boot to the balls of organised crime, it would reduce the price by increasing the supply chain which would mean there would be less incentive for addicts to turn to crime to feed their habit, it would result in a safer product as dealers wouldn't cut the purity of the drugs with ****e like rat poison or floor cleaner in order to boost their profits, it would free up masses of police resources and would bring in revenue to the government through taxation.

I accept that there's a moral argument against the government profiting from such substances, but once again I'll point out that alcohol and tobacco are legal.

I popped an Allegra today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Alcohol is legal, and is more dangerous than pretty much every illegal drug. Only heroin, methadone and crack cocaine are more dangerous.

As far as I'm concerned, people should be able to take what they want. I'm strongly for the legalisation and regulation of all currently illegal drugs; I think such a move would be a massive boot to the balls of organised crime, it would reduce the price by increasing the supply chain which would mean there would be less incentive for addicts to turn to crime to feed their habit, it would result in a safer product as dealers wouldn't cut the purity of the drugs with ****e like rat poison or floor cleaner in order to boost their profits, it would free up masses of police resources and would bring in revenue to the government through taxation.

I accept that there's a moral argument against the government profiting from such substances, but once again I'll point out that alcohol and tobacco are legal.
    It is a good point that you make, but then due to easy access, more people will be on drugs and therefore more accidents.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

I am currently using a new drug called Ex-jade.

jan
    "Half of the young people who participated in the survey say they are optimistic about their future. The other half cant afford to buy drugs."

I like drugs. That is I like a drug. Alcohol is perfectly legal, socially acceptable and it makes fat women more attractive. My experience with booze is overall positive and I dont judge users of other drugs as long as I am not disturbed by them (which is 99% the case)

Tobacco and booze are taxed here and state earns fortune from it. I wonder whats the income from taxes on weed in the Netherlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    left-handed batsman, right-arm crap bowler, grainy streams watcher

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    It is a good point that you make, but then due to easy access, more people will be on drugs and therefore more accidents.
    Not necessarily true. I wouldn't advocate a system where you could just pop into Tesco, pick up some rice, chicken, and a bottle of wine for dinner, then pop into the narcotics aisle and pick up a bag of heroin to cook up after dinner.

It would need to be strictly licensed, far more strictly than alcohol is now. And I doubt that there's thousands of people who would be junkies were it not for the fact that certain drugs are illegal. I don't do cocaine because it's a **** drug, not because it's illegal. Drugs are fairly easy to get hold of if you want them anyway.

You're right, though drugs are 10x easier to get when legal, i guess you'd have to weigh up the overall loss/gain from either position, its not cut and dry.

That said, as long as drugs get heavily taxed organised crime will have its place. I know people who will buy black market tobacco, just as an example.

Not necessarily true. I wouldn't advocate a system where you could just pop into Tesco, pick up some rice, chicken, and a bottle of wine for dinner, then pop into the narcotics aisle and pick up a bag of heroin to cook up after dinner.

It would need to be strictly licensed, far more strictly than alcohol is now. And I doubt that there's thousands of people who would be junkies were it not for the fact that certain drugs are illegal. I don't do cocaine because it's a **** drug, not because it's illegal. Drugs are fairly easy to get hold of if you want them anyway.
    Maybe something like a prescription with signatures from 2 different doctors for a drug.

A doctor wouldn't prescribe a drug if there wasn't an indication for its use. It would take a very shady doctor to write out one for a recreational drug.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    A doctor wouldn't prescribe a drug if there wasn't an indication for its use. It would take a very shady doctor to write out one for a recreational drug.
    Isn't that the whole point of legalising drugs. To have doctors or medical practitioners prescribe drugs for people who need them (for example to wean them off drugs).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Isn't that the whole point of legalising drugs. To have doctors or medical practitioners prescribe drugs for people who need them (for example to wean them off drugs).
    No, I'd legalise drugs because I don't think people should be criminalised if they want to smoke a couple of joints in the privacy of their own home. I think people should be able to buy cannabis from a source that isn't linked to organised crime, and they should be confident in the product's purity and safety.

Nightclubs in particular, would be able to make a fortune if they could legally sell ecstasy.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information