Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 78

Thread: Drugs

  1. #31
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    20,113
    Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    Interesting dude, would you say alcohol is very attractive to youngsters where you live?

    Over here its just been part of our culture. My dad drank, so did my grandad. Every adult I've ever known has drank, its like eating or sleeping to us.
    You're Irish. Coming out of the closet is easier than telling your family that you're teetotal.

  2. #32
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,809
    I guess it probably is attractive to youngsters in Pakistan, because of the prohibited thing and also because it's a western thing. Most likely the rich would drink it because the rest probably can't afford it.

    Personally I have never touched a drop because it's against my religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

  3. #33
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,851
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I'd question how much of an advantage is there to be gained from artificially keeping yourself awake, whether that's through caffeine, amphetamines, speed or whatever. My best work has been produced when I've sensibly managed my workload and planned ahead. Funnily enough, I do worse when everything is crammed in at the last minute.
    Well yes, me too. But the effect it could have on one person could vary drastically to the effect it could have on another, like all drugs.

  4. #34
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. What drugs are your talking about? I mean, I drank a ****load of energy drinks to get through my A level exams, but what exactly are you reffering to here?
    Amphetamines, I believe. I got turned away by the pharmacist when I was 17 and asked him if he had any
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!


  5. #35
    International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Whilst I would say this attitude is entirely appropriate in the majority of circumstances, I think here there is a distinct danger of "letting the inmates run the asylum". Even with the best education on these sorts of matters in the world, people can make errant decisions. For example, despite several major experiments and enquiries being undertaken into the safety of genetically modified organisms and turning up no evidence which suggests they are in any way harmful, something like 75+% of the EU population considers them to be dangerous (if polls are to be believed), as such, GM is pretty much prohibited and Europe loses hundreds of millions of dollars worth of trade every year.

    The problem in the UK in particular, in the drug context anyway, is that our Health Service is state provided, and is already working at near maximum capacity, and having to make considerable cuts. Potentially opening the floodgates for people to come storming in with X Y and Z drug related problems is a very bad idea, or so I would suggest. Unless of course drugs are taxed very highly to compensate for this, but then this in turn would allow a black market to thrive, moving everything back to square one.
    Overall though you have to look at it this way: The drug-trade isn't something which can be 'defeated'. It will always exist so long as there is the demand, and it just comes down to whether a government could control it better than a bunch of gangsters.

    I'd argue yes, but there are factors.

    In the end though I'd say drugs will at some point be completely legalised in the future, wherever you go.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

  6. #36
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    20,113
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    The problem in the UK in particular, in the drug context anyway, is that our Health Service is state provided, and is already working at near maximum capacity, and having to make considerable cuts. Potentially opening the floodgates for people to come storming in with X Y and Z drug related problems is a very bad idea, or so I would suggest. Unless of course drugs are taxed very highly to compensate for this, but then this in turn would allow a black market to thrive, moving everything back to square one.
    How much is the black market worth in tobacco and alcohol, and what percentage of the total market for both commodities is black?

  7. #37
    International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    Interesting dude, would you say alcohol is very attractive to youngsters where you live?

    Over here its just been part of our culture. My dad drank, so did my grandad. Every adult I've ever known has drank, its like eating or sleeping to us.
    It definitely is.Just like Porn for example.I don't remember where i read it,but there was something about Middle East/South Asia having the largest number of porn users in the world.All these countries are condservative in essence,and anything 'not conservative' will attract people here.

    The stigma associated with Alcohol and Pre-marital Sex is not the same the way it was,let's say 30 years ago,but it's still there,especially when it comes to Pre-Marital Sex.And i'm only talking of Pakistan here.Alcohol on the other hand,has become comparatively more acceptable.It's still a taboo subject,but not as much as Pre-Marital sex.

    Alcohol,despite being banned by the Government,is very common at Corporate gatherings and Private Parties in Pakistan.And because it is illegal officially,consuming Alcohol is something big for a lot of people here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I guess it probably is attractive to youngsters in Pakistan, because of the prohibited thing and also because it's a western thing. Most likely the rich would drink it because the rest probably can't afford it.

    Personally I have never touched a drop because it's against my religion.
    And other drugs are allowed by the religion?
    Last edited by salman85; 06-12-2011 at 11:19 AM.

  8. #38
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,851
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    How much is the black market worth in tobacco and alcohol, and what percentage of the total market for both commodities is black?
    I've no idea what the exact figure for the Tobacco black market in the UK is, but iirc it is considered to be fairly significant.

  9. #39
    International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I guess it probably is attractive to youngsters in Pakistan, because of the prohibited thing and also because it's a western thing. Most likely the rich would drink it because the rest probably can't afford it.

    Personally I have never touched a drop because it's against my religion.
    I've had quite a few Pakistani friends growing up due to the cricket connection, and I think your right about the rich/poor thing. The rich ones tend to be quite western in their outlook.

    You're Irish. Coming out of the closet is easier than telling your family that you're teetotal
    Lol, dude Scotland is worse than Ireland these days, believe me

  10. #40
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    20,113
    Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    Lol, dude Scotland is worse than Ireland these days, believe me
    I'm 75% Scottish, 25% Irish. The perfect genetic combination as far as boozing goes.

  11. #41
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,851
    Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    It definitely is.Just like Porn for example.I don't remember where i read it,but there was something about Middle East/South Asia having the largest number of porn users in the world.


    Yeah, 76% of all internet pornography is accessed in China, South Korea and Japan. But given their relatively conservative societies, it doesn't surprise me much.

  12. #42
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,809
    I haven't taken any other drugs. Currently I am on prescribed medication for my genetic blood condition. It's called Ex Jade, and it's used to remove Iron from the body. I have Beta Thalassemia, because of which my body doesn't produce any blood. Therefore I have to have regular blood transfusion, resulting in Iron overdose. I have been having regular blood transfusions, since I was born.

  13. #43
    International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I haven't taken any other drugs. Currently I am on prescribed medication for my genetic blood condition. It's called Ex Jade, and it's used to remove Iron from the body. I have Beta Thalassemia, because of which my body doesn't produce any blood. Therefore I have to have regular blood transfusion, resulting in Iron overdose. I have been having regular blood transfusions, since I was born.
    Does it give a good high?

  14. #44
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    20,113
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yeah, 76% of all internet pornography is accessed in China, South Korea and Japan. But given their relatively conservative societies, it doesn't surprise me much.
    Japanese porn is ****, who has a **** looking at pixels?

  15. #45
    International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,168
    Oh Ok.I had no idea Ex Jade was a prescribed drug.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Viv Richards accused of taking drugs as a player!!!
    By aussie in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21-08-2009, 03:09 PM
  2. Drugs claim could spell disaster for Michael Phelps
    By Johnners in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 05:30 AM
  3. Xavier Marshall - Drugs Scandal
    By gettingbetter in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 11:52 AM
  4. Legalising all drugs - your views?
    By simmy in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 12:16 AM
  5. Why Athletest Take Performance Enhancment Drugs ?
    By Sanz in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-05-2005, 05:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •