Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim

Skyrim

See you in two weeks CricketWeb, I just got this game yesterday and it will consume my life for approximately that time period.
    Boult to Mathews, OUT, Caught at second slip! It was a length ball going across Angelo, who tried to hit it hard towards the leg side and got an outside edge that flew fast towards Guptill, who took a reflex catch in front of his face

jan
    A friend of mine made pretty much the same announcement on facebook. Only that he and his ps3 plan to be absent from the real world for about 3 months

I am not into this type of games - ie. struggled hard to finish The Witcher - but I read a few reviews and cant help feeling they were more advertisements than reviews...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    left-handed batsman, any fastbowler's bunny, grainy low-res streams watcher

I spent a summer being a klepto Argonian who used to run around in rags and creep peoples houses in Oblivion. I look forward to doing the same in Skyrim.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

I'm getting this week in a few days. Sounds ****ing immense. One of the greatest video games ever if the reviews are to be believed.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? – Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    A friend of mine made pretty much the same announcement on facebook. Only that he and his ps3 plan to be absent from the real world for about 3 months

I am not into this type of games - ie. struggled hard to finish The Witcher - but I read a few reviews and cant help feeling they were more advertisements than reviews...
    Yes with Bethesda games a lot of their 'reviews' are basically advertisements. Their owners are big enough that if a reviewer is less than generous they'll get put on a blacklist. It's a pretty distasteful industry and it's common practice, if you can find a publication that is truly independent then stick with them - because most are too busy kissing arse of the high-ups.

If you search Rybicki Maneuver you'll see the sorts of nonsense that happened with Oblivion. Reviewers constantly overlooked the many blatant bugs and short-comings in the game, giving it a high score. Then all of a sudden Fallout 3 comes along, the next big game from Bethesda and all the reviews of *that* reference how all the bugs and short-comings had been fixed from Oblivion... that game that was blatantly flawed but got something stupid like 95% on Metacritic. Of course most of the issues remained in reality.

Now I for one bought and played Oblivion, probably for a good 200 hours. It was modded from day one because I knew about the balancing (I also had Morrowind and Daggerfall and put ****loads of hours into those too - Daggerfall also had the level-scaling loot, you'd start of with iron stuff, stuff you killed would have mostly iron loot with occasional steel, then as you built up on steel stuff you'd find occasional silver loot and so on). So I'm not as quite as cynical as the bunch on No Mutants Allowed - but I do go on that site to get an impression of games, because they're a consistent bunch of cynics who will begrudgingly give praise if you can read through the lines. You'll also hear about obscure games which turn are my sort of thing (I have similar tastes to that lot as I'm a big Fallout 2 fan), like for instance Mount & Blade.

It seems to me that Skyrim is a big improvement on Oblivion. There's not the ludicrous enemy scaling (ie you won't find level 25 bandits with Daedric gear). There are general improvements (voice acting, dialogue, storylines, quests, graphics) and the game and landscape actually has character too it (the snowy environments and weather look particularly good - I personally love these on games if done well, they're kinda haunting but magical). The RPG elements aren't any deeper - though that won't bother you if you liked the previous games (the game is more of an action RPG, player skill does matter a lot in fights). Apparently the game is a horrible port if you're on a PC - particularly with regards to the interface, so you may want to wait til that's fixed (by patch or mod) and it runs quite well on low-end machines, but can randomly lag on even a very powerful PC. And as always Bethesda will release a load of download content - so if you can wait it'll be all bundled together cheaper about this time next year.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Will move onto this once I finish Tetris.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    I want it so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    A chick who likes cricket and video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Seriously good game.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    A chick who likes cricket and video games.
    I prefer rugby. I'd call myself pretty obsessed with it in fact.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    You should most in the PS3/360 Thread, Trish.

50/50 on whether to get this.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    You should most in the PS3/360 Thread, Trish.
    I only play games on the PC; I don't own any gaming console and never have.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    So now that we've gathered all the geeks together.....

I think that's the general gaming thread tbh, I've posted about PC games in there before
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
    I only play games on the PC; I don't own any gaming console and never have.
    Haha, I'm sure if you wanted to talk about PC, Wii, Atari, etc, you would be most welcome.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information