Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackberry or iphone?

International Debutant salman85's Avatar

Blackberry or iphone?

I recently traded my iphone for a Blackberry,and i after years or trashing the latter,i have to admit that it's pretty neat.Plus the BBM is very useful,and the overall features of the Blackberry as a phone are pretty good.Also,i always felt a wee bit un-professional using touchscreen at work.Weird i know,but i've always felt Blackberry is more 'corporate' than an Iphone.

So,which cellphone out of these two do you prefer?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    iPhone. Guys my age who have BBs are just trying to be different and act cool. Everyone knows an iPhone is infinitely better in terms of nearly every ****ing thing.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    How old are you?

Have Android handsets not reached widespread popularity in Pakistan yet?
    Boult to Mathews, OUT, Caught at second slip! It was a length ball going across Angelo, who tried to hit it hard towards the leg side and got an outside edge that flew fast towards Guptill, who took a reflex catch in front of his face

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    how old are you?

Got my Android for free, so I win.
    I'm always suspicious of shops that sell bait.

cpr
    Just got my first iPhone recently, and have to say I'm loving it.

Reason I went for it is because my iPod, being 6 years old, was on its last legs and wasn't lasting in the gym, so 100 for a 4s seemed reasonable. Don't hear good things about the BB from those at work who have it for personal use, though can definitely see how a proper keyboard would be great for business use if your on the go. Also iOS5 has iMessenger, which basically does what BBM does from what I can understand.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

I named my Android Cribb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    iPhone. The 3GS model is free now too (at least in the US) if you sign up for a 2 year contract (though you'd be required to buy a data plan).
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    iPhone. The 3GS model is free now too (at least in the US) if you sign up for a 2 year contract (though you'd be required to buy a data plan).
    Is there even a point to having a smartphone without a data plan, though?

I have a Blackberry because I am not a big fan of touch screen phones, but I really cannot wait to get rid of it. I constantly have issues with it and a lot of people I know with Blackberrys have similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
    Have Android handsets not reached widespread popularity in Pakistan yet?
    Android ftw! I love my Samsung Galaxy S and I will be upgrading to the Galaxy II soon.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
    Is there even a point to having a smartphone without a data plan, though?
    Maybe. I am in my home or school/work wifi almost 100% of time. My monthly data usage is usually <100MB because of that (mainly use it for directions and such when I'm not near campus), so depending on the cost per mb your carrier charges, you could come out ahead. I have the unlimited plan but thinking about going to the new cheaper plan that AT&T offers.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Maybe. I am in my home or school/work wifi almost 100% of time. My monthly data usage is usually <100MB because of that (mainly use it for directions and such when I'm not near campus), so depending on the cost per mb your carrier charges, you could come out ahead. I have the unlimited plan but thinking about going to the new cheaper plan that AT&T offers.
    Fair point, I have both a desktop PC and a laptop I take with me to school, so I didn't really consider that. Though if you mostly use WiFi on it instead of the data plan through AT&T, you might be better off with a tablet or laptop instead of a smartphone. Though, that costs money up front rather than the post-paid monthly data plan from AT&T.

Just as an example, my data plan through Verizon costs $30 a month, so over the course of my 2-year contract, I would pay a total of $720 for the data plan. A decent tablet or laptop could be had for less than that, but you'd have to pay up front unless you financed it. The extra money is worth it to me, because I can tether my phone's internet connection to my laptop at work, where I otherwise wouldn't have an internet connection, amongst other things, using it while out and about, etc.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information