Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: The Official Indian Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Yeah I meant hot.

Too soft for a tamil tongue.
    malayalis use a lot of really hot pickles though to compensate but yeah in general tamil and telugu food are hotter…
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Polling starts tomorrow. How is this thread so quite compared to my facebook and twitter feeds? The political debate has been so incredibly intense for last 2-3 months.

Facebook is unbearable nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Anyone but the Congress is the feeling in most circles atm. Can't blame them. Not voting for the right wing BJP-Sena pricks and not voting for Congress either. Aam Aadmi is a joke. Won't vote for any contestant.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    what? elections in india tomorrow? Recently This thread has been more about the culinary delights of various regions rather than the elections
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Simon Champion!
    Amit Shah booked for his 'revenge' remark as EC asks for tapes of his speech - The Times of India

Amit Shah booked for 'revenge' remark on Muzaffarnagar riots : Highlights, News - India Today

Oh, btw this is Modi's 2nd in command who is also facing fake encounter charges. Polarizing electorate now and on the other side SP/Cong trying to polarize Muslims in UP.
    Last edited by Cevno; 06-04-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Simon Champion!
    Modi and his joker list of contestants and Loonies seems likely coming to Power. Only few things can stop them at this stage.

First time India will be ruled by such Fringe Looney right wing elements otherwise.

I am Supporting/Voting for AAP only. The whole Idea/basis of AAP, the list of contestant they have put up and brought into politics countrywide, their manifesto/Campaigning methods all is most attractive by a large large distance even though they aren't perfect or such and i dislike certain things about the party.

Also need to break the status quo as much as possible. Electoral intervention required.

Kejriwal is not interested in the democratic process. He is interested in anarchy. If we let a **** like hi set a precedent now with good intentions, no one is stopping guys with bad intentions to do the same. He is a piece of **** who thinks his morals trump anyone else's and his methods shouldn't be encouraged in a democratic setup.

Kejriwal is the Joker. There can be no other explanation.

No wait, Kejriwal is Ra's al Ghul.
    Wants to root out corruption, is not interested in money. Very dogmatic. On the microscopic level is very meticulous in how he's started off, but is extremely impatient and engages in anarchist methods to achieve his loftier goals.

Rahul Gandhi is Two-Face. Idealistic in that he's trying to establish internal democracy in the INC with grass root level elections within the party, but ultimately too dumb to see that he doesn't matter. Despite his ****-ups, he'll still held up by the INC as the saviour of the masses.

Priyanka Gandhi is Talia. Biding her time to make a dramatic entrance after Rahul Gandhi inevitably perishes.

Modi is Bane. No explanation required.

Okay, I realise that Priyanka doesn't control Modi, but I didn't say my analogies were perfect.
    Last edited by G.I.Joe; 06-04-2014 at 10:34 PM.

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar

Indian politics as Game of Thrones characters

Partly copied but here goes:

Sonia Gandhi- Cersei Lannister. The powerful queen who will do anything to keep her family in power and cares fir no one else. Originally came from a distant land to be married into the royal family

Rahul Gandhi- Joffrey Baratheon. The dumbass Prince who is heir to the throne and who everyone hates. Likes to think he is an untouchable God but is obviously a nincompoop

Manmohan Singh- Robert Baratheon. Once a great and respected figure, he is now a shadow and his glory days are long past. Is now ridiculed behind his back and is a puppet of his council

Maneka Gandhi- Catelyn Stark.Hates the royal family and holds a grudge since the death of her husband amidst claims of conspiracy. Has a dumbass son

Varun Gandhi- Robb Stark. Wants to destroy the ruling family. Makes awful misjudgments every hour or so.

Sanjay Gandhi- Eddard Stark. Rose in importance during the Emergency years ago. Escaped numerous assassination attempts before meeting a shocking and abrupt end

Narendra Modi- Stannis Baratheon. Considers himself the rightful heir and will do anything to get the throne. Follows and practices a particular religion but takes it to controversial and dangerous extemes. His loyalists call him a determined, forceful commander, while his critics call him a fanatical zealot.

Rajnath Singh- Melisandre. Is absolutely driven to bring Modi to power and believes he is the chosen one. Whispers have begin whether he influences Modi by subtly coaxing him into decisions he himself wants for his own ends.

LK Advani- Renly Baratheon. Was an influential leader but his claim to power has been cut short by sinister forces. His own supporters have deserted him. Speaks like a girl and is probably gay

Arvind Kejriwal- Danaerys Targaryen. An outsider who is rising in influence. Is the all powerful saviour of all people in the land, or so he thinks.

Anna Hazare- Viserys Targaryen.Arvind's big brother. Thought he was the most influential man in the universe. Has been thrust aside by his own misjudgement and Arvind's rise to power.

Somnath Bharti- Khal Drogo. Is a savage, vengeful soul who doesn't know how to speak the common tongue without embarrassing himself. But he dearly loves Arvind, and he him.They vow to protect each other. "My moon and stars"

Chidambaram- Peter Baelish "Littlefinger". The master of Coin. Runs a treasury which plunges deeper into debt every week. However, his mastery over simultanously sweet and slimy words allows him to wriggle out of trouble with ease.

Arnab Goswami- Lord Varys.The Lord of Whisperers. Incites infighting between all the houses intentionally or inadvertently. Like Littlefinger is a master of slimy verbal stabs. Insists he does everything for the good of the realm but no one believes him because he's a eunuch.
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 06-04-2014 at 11:42 PM.
    Proud member of the Indian STFU: Sane Tendulkar Fanboy Union.
    Our motto: Sachin WAG, Don>>>Sachin

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar

good effort

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Kejriwal is not interested in the democratic process. He is interested in anarchy. If we let a **** like hi set a precedent now with good intentions, no one is stopping guys with bad intentions to do the same. He is a piece of **** who thinks his morals trump anyone else's and his methods shouldn't be encouraged in a democratic setup.
    What methods ? Exactly what has he done ? 3 CM's have sat on protest against Central govt. after him and many before him.

This is a country where Political parties burn down toll booths to protest recently (Shiv Sena, MNS).... Broke buses and stopped trains in Bihar (BJP), Called all India Bandhs for FDI in retail protest (BJP, Left, SP etc..).

And i am not even mentioning the incidents of allowing and fostering riots for political gains like Muzzafarnagar and others in UP recently.

You have lost sense of proportion and been a bit too much influenced by Crony media if you think he is not interested in democratic process and all that.
    Last edited by Cevno; 07-04-2014 at 02:54 AM.

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    What methods ? Exactly what has he done ? 3 CM's have sat on protest against Central govt. after him and many before him.

This is a country where Political parties burn down toll booths to protest recently (Shiv Sena, MNS).... Broke buses and stopped trains in Bihar (BJP), Called all India Bandhs for FDI in retail protest (BJP, Left, SP etc..).

And i am not even mentioning the incidents of allowing and fostering riots for political gains like Muzzafarnagar and others in UP recently.

Sorry, to say you have lost sense of proportion and been a bit brainwashed by Crony media if you think he is not interested in democratic process and all that ****.
    I'm tired if this. Time and again you're pointing out what other ****ty parties are doing. Well yeah we know they do terrible stuff and some of the stuff is far worse than anything AAP has done. But it seems you're trying to justify the AAP's mistakes by saying " Well there are some who are worse". Of course there are but the fact that you're not even actually defending AAP and just saying they're not the worst thing out there proves our point. AAP are a bunch of cronies too.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    I'm tired if this. Time and again you're pointing out what other ****ty parties are doing. Well yeah we know they do terrible stuff and some of the stuff is far worse than anything AAP has done. But it seems you're trying to justify the AAP's mistakes by saying " Well there are some who are worse". Of course there are but the fact that you're not even actually defending AAP and just saying they're not the worst thing out there proves our point. AAP are a bunch of cronies too.
    In Politics ofcourse you will have to do protests and draw attention to yourself including sm drama. AAP overdid it at times in a hurry to do things before LS elections and under huge amount of pressure, but nothing they or specifically Kejriwal did was harmful as such was my point in response to him saying they don't beleive in democratic means and that ****.

If that is dangerous for democracy then that and worse has been happening in India for last 60 years and democracy has survived. Let's not let that sidetrack from the core of the issues.

For example They also highlighted the gas pricing issue and saved money for the exchequer through EC temporarily recently in their own rash manner when nobody else was doing it or raising it politically. And how are they cronies and of whom ? Didn't get it.

Is AAP perfect ? No. Are they dangerous for democracy ? Hell No. There is a huge gap between the 2. If you find sm1 better then i am all ears.

Besides AAP now is a much bigger concept than just Kejriwal who will probably won't even get elected from Varanasi given communal polarization. It's a evolving concept but i like the Idea of AAP fundamentally. It is a very welcome intervention whether you agree with 1/2 incidents or not.
    Last edited by Cevno; 07-04-2014 at 01:57 AM.

Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information