Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: The Official Indian Politics Thread

Simon Champion!
    Crimes against woman is a problem all over India. Gets highlighted more in Delhi though it might be a higer rate than other major metropolitans.

Really need to take quick short term, medium term and long term measures in progress. Parliament passed one strange during the protests and thought their job was done.

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Chennai is relatively safer for women though. Delhi is the worst of the lot.
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    Chennai is relatively safer for women though. Delhi is the worst of the lot.
    Is it actually or is it a difference in reporting? I am not doubting you as I don't know from traveling experience but obviously the crimes are massively underreport we everywhere. In Gujarat, I can tell you it was very common where I lived but it was never officially reported - usually just hushed up and talked about in whispers.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Is it actually or is it a difference in reporting? I am not doubting you as I don't know from traveling experience but obviously the crimes are massively underreport we everywhere. In Gujarat, I can tell you it was very common where I lived but it was never officially reported - usually just hushed up and talked about in whispers.
    Having lived in Chennai for 8 out of the last 10 years, I can safely say that it is far safer for women than Delhi.

Indian officials now claim that a handout the AES gives to female teachers whose husbands are also employed by the AES is a violation of Indian law.The female spouse should not state that she will be working,” the document states, as quoted by the New York Times. It instructs the women to list their occupation as “housewife” on visa applications while being careful to note that “no sexism is intended on our part.”
    Syed Akbaruddin, a spokesman for India’s Ministry of External Affairs, told the Times that the directions were “clearly a violation of tax law,” while another official speculated that as many as 16 teachers are employed illegally.
    http://rt.com/news/india-spat-tax-evasion-school-740/

So female teachers were officially asked to misrepresent their occupation on visa applications.

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    So this just happened. Holy **** is all I can say, especially after what's happened in the last few days
    Shashi Tharoor's wife Sunanda Pushkar found dead in Delhi's Leela hotel : North, News - India Today
    Proud member of the Indian STFU: Sane Tendulkar Fanboy Union.
    Our motto: Sachin WAG, Don>>>Sachin

So anyone here who still believes Kejriwal's tripe? What a joke of a party they've become

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    why have they become a joke of a party?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    why have they become a joke of a party?
    Since forming the delhi government they've allegedly done the following :

1) Conducted an unauthorised raid in the middle of the night on an African woman's house, alleged the African women in the area were prostitutes / drug traffickers and forced the women to give urine samples in a not very private place. The raid was apparently given the name Operation Black Beauty.

2) The law minister who conducted the raid (ironic, eh?) says the African women are not like "you and me" and invites requests from common people for him to conduct more unauthorised raids

3) Demanded the sacking of a policeman who was simply following the law refused to conduct a raid at an ungodly hour without a warrant. The protest involves causing a massive ruckus in the middle of a major road , leading to a humongous traffic jam. The protest will go on for 10 days.

4) And where did they choose to have this pointless protest? At the place where the republic day parade is scheduled. Wonderful

5) Kejriwal : "Yes, I'm am anarchist "

And that's exactly what they are. A Rabble rousing mob which feeds on populist demand. At best you could say they're acting like the opposition and not the government
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 20-01-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Also, he's caused what could be a major international incident by outright lying.

Uganda Denies Letter to AAP Govt on Human Trafficking - Outlookindia.com

He's achieved all this in barely 3 weeks. Complete farce.

The media has been all guns on their government from the day 1. They subjected their daily functioning to intense scrutiny and sought to nitpick on minor issues like the chief minister's accomodation. Not to mention the 24 hours coverage of a rebel MLA's remarks on the party. It is election season and the focus on AAP helps both the Congress and BJP conduct their campaign away from severe media scrutiny.

Being inexperienced, instead of stepping back and quietly governing, the party chose to turn up its activism which caused more negative coverage.

AAP should not have formed the government because they would have been far more effective in the opposition but BJP's early withdrawal gave them little choice. Also it would have been a nice learning experience of the day to day workings of politics.
    Cevno likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Since forming the delhi government they've allegedly done the following :

1) Conducted an unauthorised raid in the middle of the night on an African woman's house, alleged the African women in the area were prostitutes / drug traffickers and forced the women to give urine samples in a not very private place. The raid was apparently given the name Operation Black Beauty.

2) The law minister who conducted the raid (ironic, eh?) says the African women are not like "you and me" and invites requests from common people for him to conduct more unauthorised raids

3) Demanded the sacking of a policeman who was simply following the law refused to conduct a raid at an ungodly hour without a warrant. The protest involves causing a massive ruckus in the middle of a major road , leading to a humongous traffic jam. The protest will go on for 10 days.

4) And where did they choose to have this pointless protest? At the place where the republic day parade is scheduled. Wonderful

5) Kejriwal : "Yes, I'm am anarchist "

And that's exactly what they are. A Rabble rousing mob which feeds on populist demand. At best you could say they're acting like the opposition and not the government
    Protest Against Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti?s Racist Vigilantism in Delhi: Kavita Krishnan | Kafila

Jesus...I wonder what the reaction would be if someone had said, after strip searching the Indian diplomat, that it was OK because "Indian women are not like you or me." I can't stand this racist ****. Even when I was young, I saw how African nationals were treated in India (in Vadodara, there were usually some students from African countries at university).

These women were also cavity searched, and with a lot less formality and cause than the incident in the US. I look forward to an equally fierce reaction from the Indian media, population and politicians.

If their definition of non corruption is that the police ought to conduct raids without warrants....
    Last edited by silentstriker; 20-01-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    The media has been all guns on their government from the day 1. They subjected their daily functioning to intense scrutiny and sought to nitpick on minor issues like the chief minister's accomodation. Not to mention the 24 hours coverage of a rebel MLA's remarks on the party. It is election season and the focus on AAP helps both the Congress and BJP conduct their campaign away from severe media scrutiny.

Being inexperienced, instead of stepping back and quietly governing, the party chose to turn up its activism which caused more negative coverage.

AAP should not have formed the government because they would have been far more effective in the opposition but BJP's early withdrawal gave them little choice. Also it would have been a nice learning experience of the day to day workings of politics.
    This is not activism though. Raiding a foreign woman's house without a warrant at midnight accusing her of being a prostitute and in the end failing to provide a shred of evidence.

This is simply the most unconstitutional incident I've seen from a party in a while... No respect for our democracy FFS. Do they have any basic understanding or respect for law and order? Nope. It's a travesty.

Scariest thing is that I can actually see plenty of fools voting these ****s into power repeatedly . I shudder to think whatll happen if Kejriwal gets his way and the police officer is suspended and the Delhi police come under AAP's control. It sets an incredibly dangerous precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    This is not activism though. Raiding a foreign woman's house without a warrant at midnight accusing her of being a prostitute and in the end failing to provide a shred of evidence.

This is simply the most unconstitutional incident I've seen from a party in a while... No respect for our democracy FFS. Do they have any basic understanding or respect for law and order? Nope. It's a travesty.

Scariest thing is that I can actually see plenty of fools voting these ****s into power repeatedly . I shudder to think whatll happen if Kejriwal gets his way and the police officer is suspended and the Delhi police come under AAP's control. It sets an incredibly dangerous precedent.
    I don't agree with moral policing, never have regardless of what party does it. Here is what I posted on another site regarding the raid

It is good to see a proactive government but moral policing is not the domain of politicians. If they think prostitution is happening, then report to the police and make sure cops take action.
    The places where direct action by ministers is needed are schools, government offices, government hospitals where staff often have a lax attitude. A few surprise inspections should keep them on their toes

It's also about this party that's supposed to be against corruption and for the common man completely disregarding those notions. Ffs when you make the Delhi police look like the heroes, and defenders of justice, it's time to re-evaluate your whole existence, son.

Surely this dismissed officer has a case for being reinstated and charges brought up against the minister for open corruption? I heard there is a video of him ordering the officer to perform an illegal raid?

Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread Information