Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: The Official Indian Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    The US can refuse to admit her with immune status though as far as I know. Since as per the media reports, they're the ones who asked that she leave after granting her the immune status.
    true but it's politics and things change...for example, narendra modi is classed as a terrorist in the u.s and is not being granted a visa...don't you think that will change if he becomes india's next pm?
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Possible, if she becomes that high level. Right now, my bet is that the NY attorneys office is pissed off at what it perceives as political interference by the State Department in order to free a criminal. So I bet if she ever does get that status removed, they'll be ready. I mean the state department CAN let her in again but I doubt they would unnecessarily pick a fight and drag this situation through the media and risk looking bad again. They already look pretty bad now.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

So, moving on. What do you guys a) think of modi and b) his chances of actually becoming PM

Simon Champion!
    So, moving on. What do you guys a) think of modi and b) his chances of actually becoming PM
    1) His economic policies in many areas and governance model he is projecting is closest to my way of thinking amongst the main contenders.

But at the same time, he represents something which goes against the Idea of India and some of the other things he represents in the social sphere i am extremely fearful of. Particularly the whole Sangh Parivar and right wing loooneys who are the most enthusiastic over his presence and known for censorship and silencing dissent etc...

There were reports that in recent Muzzafarnagar riots even, that many Hindu rioters were chanting Modi Modi. He went and honored MLA's who have been accused in these riots rightly or wrongly, while at the same time he never visits Muslim's living in extreme tough circumstances in relief camps. Hell he never visited them in Gujarat even. Then there cases of fake encounters in Gujarat going on, and also now allegations of snooping of a girl. (Which admittedly many state govts. do illegally)

2) He has a very good chance as things stand with combination of major anti - congress mood, urban people enthusiastic about high growth rate and strong leadership after current one being very weak and polarization of Hindu vote in many areas.

What can stop him is AAP now growing at phenomenal pace all over India particularly in Urban Centres and regional players putting a strong performance in different pockets with Minorities voting tactically. Very interesting and important election. But looks likely Congress will get completely decimated.
    Last edited by Cevno; 10-01-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Teja. likes this.

that was really funny, good for you imran khan...unfortunately a lot of those opinions are probably not even exaggerated...

That was a great video.

does anyone know what the general reaction is in india (outside of the lgbt community) about this ruling? has the aap expressed any opinions on the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    does anyone know what the general reaction is in india (outside of the lgbt community) about this ruling? has the aap expressed any opinions on the subject?
    AAP has condemned the judgment to be i) voilative of human rights ii) against the liberal values of the constitution.

The general reaction is hugely and surprisingly for the LGBT community in the urban youth/u-35 population. The movement has grown so much over the last few weeks that it has converted a lot of people who previously didn't understand the issues involved. However, the NaMo brigade in the urban areas have been largely silent/not addressing the issue at all considering the conflict between non-idiocy and the BJP's stance. Homophobia is still not frowned upon/considered disgusting like it should be but this is a start.

Most of non-urban India is ragingly homophobic. A significant % of educated, urban 40+ population is homophobic too.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    The Indian middle class has a long way to come in terms of addressing social inequalities. Despite being much better off and better educated than the lower socio economic classes, the middle class is disappointingly conservative. In the name of protecting our culture, a significant percentage of people have thrown their weight against the even most basic of liberal issues like gender and caste equality.

The need for homosexuality to be legally and socially acceptable didnt even register with a lot of people especially the older crowd
    Last edited by ganeshran; 13-01-2014 at 11:46 AM.
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    interesting article...is the writer too tough on AAP? And some of the facts are downright wrong (referring to Haroon Rashid part in the article)

View from Delhi: Will change overtake AAP? - DAWN.COM
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    I am happy to admit I was completely and utterly wrong in the post I made on the issue of the SC verdict on homosexuality. My opinion was formed by reading numerous extremely well written but factually incorrect articles. After doing some more reading from proper sources, this time, it's obvious the verdict is abhorrent and a huge step backwards
    Proud member of the Indian STFU: Sane Tendulkar Fanboy Union.
    Our motto: Sachin WAG, Don>>>Sachin

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    a) Extremely torn on him tbf. Having lived in gujarat for a long time and having met him at one of his college speeches, it's obvious he's a man who gets things done and has some great practical ideas about economy. Plus, with our situation internationally with out neighbours ( all of them) not being particularly great, I firmly believe we need a tough man at the top who won't keep taking BS.
    On the other hand, his social beliefs are, to put it kindly, primitive. Lots if negatives here which everyone knows.
    Overall, though I think his positives outweigh them and I think he's the strongest candidate by far. So really, not much choice here, I support him

b) Decent chance, bit AAP is growing like crazy. Long term, that's the threat for him. Should win it this time

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    interesting article...is the writer too tough on AAP? And some of the facts are downright wrong (referring to Haroon Rashid part in the article)

View from Delhi: Will change overtake AAP? - DAWN.COM
    Very Harsh. Almost seems to have a agenda.

AAP govt. has done plenty of held up work in only 15 days. Almost 10 times than any other of the 3 governments that were resulting in the same election. And that too under ridiculous degree of scrutiny.

Thing is that all other political parties,some media and all sorts of corporate vested interests want to bring them down on every tiny inconsequential mistake as they have threatened them directly.

Does there needs to be a "do not rape" course in Delhi or something? ****'s sake.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread Information