Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: The Official Indian Politics Thread

Banned
    So do you think Congress will again form govt at the center?

Simon Champion!
    Not likely, as things stand.

All opinion polls are also showing a massive downturn for their prospects. They have a historic geographic advantage across the country which is the only thing that will even keep them in contention.

Banned

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Is capital punishment actually more expensive and does it involve the usage of more resources as compared to a life sentence in India?

Simon Champion!
    AAP winning 29 out of 70 seats in their first Delhi Elections. Historic stuff from Kejriwal for a 1 year old party.

@Smali - Imran called AAP India's answer to PTI yesterday. Though they are even more stricter on money and ethical matters.

Good to see congress being butted out in 3 states. Can still form government in chattisgarh. AAP - what a debut. Fictional stuff!
    Last edited by ankitj; 08-12-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    AAP winning 29 out of 70 seats in their first Delhi Elections. Historic stuff from Kejriwal for a 1 year old party.

@Smali - Imran called AAP India's answer to PTI yesterday. Though they are even more stricter on money and ethical matters.
    good stuff dude. Are these elections the national elections? Weren't they supposed to start in May?

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post

aam aadmi party will eventually become the amir aadmi party...politics is about power and it corrupts like nothing else in the world...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

BBC News - India top court reinstates gay sex ban

Stay classy, Indian Supreme Court. Don't let that it's the 21st ****ing century you ass-backward troglodytes thing get you down.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Banned
    I think this is a step in the right direction from the Indian Supreme Court

As I said in the other thread, absolutely pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    I think this is a step in the right direction from the Indian Supreme Court
    What the ****? I knew you had some backward views on this but fmd.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    I think it goes without saying for any person of sane mind that this is very poor stuff.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    It's not the worst thing they could've done. Now hear me out here.

The HC verdict which decriminalised gay sex did only that... That is it decriminalised the act of gay sex. It didn't give the LGBT community any sufficient rights. If the SC had passed it, it would've been a victory for gays but a short term one, probably. There would've been NO LAW giving the LGBT their rights. This would be led to all sorts of abuse from people taking advantage of the fact that gays don't really have certain rights. Imagine there's a gay couple and they are abused by family/society, they have absolutely no grounds to claim their right to be together. There is no law. There would've simply been a section stating gay sex isn't illegal.... Which is very very narrow.

Now what the SC is doing is challenging the government to make a law to give the LGBT rights they are entitled to. If you say that fundamental rights apply to everyone, it doesn't work that way. In a country like India where there's all this ridiculous talk about it bing against our culture and tradition, there needs to be a specific law saying that LGBT are entitled to the same rights as everyone else . Fundamental rights are vague and nowhere near absolute. If the government passes such a bill, all courts can then freely tell any LGBT haters to go **** themselves because it's in the law now.

In the long term, thus verdict could actually be a good thing for the LGBT Community. That is if the SC manages to push the government for the law and it gets passed. Which is admittedly, a big if
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 11-12-2013 at 11:55 PM.
    Proud member of the Indian STFU: Sane Tendulkar Fanboy Union.
    Our motto: Sachin WAG, Don>>>Sachin

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    If.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    It's not the worst thing they could've done. Now hear me out here.

The HC verdict which decriminalised gay sex did only that... That is it decriminalised the act of gay sex. It didn't give the LGBT community any sufficient rights. If the SC had passed it, it would've been a victory for gays but a short term one, probably. There would've been NO LAW giving the LGBT their rights. This would be led to all sorts of abuse from people taking advantage of the fact that gays don't really have certain rights. Imagine there's a gay couple and they are abused by family/society, they have absolutely no grounds to claim their right to be together. There is no law. There would've simply been a section stating gay sex isn't illegal.... Which is very very narrow.

Now what the SC is doing is challenging the government to make a law to give the LGBT rights they are entitled to. If you say that fundamental rights apply to everyone, it doesn't work that way. In a country like India where there's all this ridiculous talk about it bing against our culture and tradition, there needs to be a specific law saying that LGBT are entitled to the same rights as everyone else . Fundamental rights are value and nowhere bear absolute. If the government passes such a bill, all courts can then freely tell any LGBT haters to go **** themselves because it's in the law now.

In the long term, thus verdict could actually be a good thing for the LGBT Community. That is if the SC manages to push the government for the law and it gets passed. Which is admittedly, a big if
    You'll know more than me about this but I haven't heard anyone express any confidence that this will happen. The logic works long-term, but how long are you willing to wait whilst human beings remain so singularly oppressed?
    Last edited by Spark; 11-12-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread Information