Page 97 of 139 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2072
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Simon Champion!
    What's Imran Khan's stand on this, btw? Because this Qadri might take away his momentum too. And Nawaz Sharif's ?

PPP should just appoint another PM, till the time of elections. And rest of the parties should support holding elections on time without army interference in a Caretaker government.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    the problem is that with the latest partnership b/w Zardari and Nawaz ensured a constitutional amendment which says that govt and main opposition will decide the caretaker govt and the fear is that these 2 parties will then rig the elections. Given the amount of money being channeled into buying votes the fears are very real.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

The first thing the PPP govt should do is to announce a date for the elections. Some good points raised by Imran. That how come Zardari only brings corrupt individuals as PM candidates. Just listening to this interview makes my blood boil. The country is going to the dogs and all these bloody bastards are busy looting and plundering and using state machinery to rig the elections

Imran Khan 7 point Agenda, demands immediate resignation of President: Press Conference
    Last edited by smalishah84; 15-01-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Simon Champion!
    Won't mind trying a few of the Indian politicians in the Pakistani Supreme Court ITBT.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    What's Imran Khan's stand on this, btw? Because this Qadri might take away his momentum too. And Nawaz Sharif's ?
    His Saintness refused to support Qadri’s long march. I think that was a smart play on his part as you rightly point out that any momentum that Qadri gains would be at the expense of Imran and Nawaz. However, Imran is very enthusiastically supporting the Supreme Court decision to arrest the PM. That is extremely short sighted on his part IMHO. As I mentioned before, this is a coup in the making (it doesn’t matter that the military and judiciary may not be working together – they both have the same goal of toppling the government). If the government is dismissed, the two parties with the most to lose are Imran’s PTI and Nawaz’s PML, as they both are expected to do extremely well in the next elections and the caretaker setup may delay or even prevent the elections from taking place.

PPP should just appoint another PM, till the time of elections. And rest of the parties should support holding elections on time without army interference in a Caretaker government.
    Absolutely agree with appointing another PM. Heck, even a jailed Raja Ashraf can serve as the PM until he’s convicted. Remember, no trial has taken place yet. By the way, the Supreme Court is not supposed to be a trial court, but rather an appeals court. They were supposed to wait until a trial court took up the case against the PM prior to butting in themselves. One more evidence of a biased and politically motivated court.

Excellent article here: Pakistan paralysed after court demands PM arrest

Ali Dayan Hasan, Pakistan director for Human Rights Watch, said that it would be “extremely naïve” to believe that the court order was coincidental to the protest.

“What is being created is a constitutional crisis and that breakdown will make space for extra-constitutional measures,” said Mr Hasan. “This order, and its timing, exposes the Supreme Court as a partisan actor.”

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Fusion has said it before but they are setting up a very dangerous precedence here.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    FFS, can't ONE government last for the entirety of the time they were elected for?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Pakistan supreme court orders arrest of prime minister on corruption charges | World news | guardian.co.uk

For some protesters, who claimed to see the name of Allah in the clouds above Islamabad, the court's decision was a sign of divine intervention in favour of their sit-in, which began on Monday afternoon.
    There is no hope for the world.

I'd much rather have a completely corrupt elected people than any unelected military or otherwise illegal government.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Pakistan supreme court orders arrest of prime minister on corruption charges | World news | guardian.co.uk

There is no hope for the world.

I'd much rather have a completely corrupt elected people than any unelected military or otherwise illegal government.
    You mean there is no hope for Pakistan. In fact I lost hope a long time ago. It's just a new LOL everyday. I wonder what it will be tomorrow.

Won't mind trying a few of the Indian politicians in the Pakistani Supreme Court ITBT.

Don't worry. Another shady individual will be announced shortly. The PPP should just announce the election date now. With only 2 months left to complete its term the date will calm things down a bit.

Right...........

Yea, I think when a citizenry accepts (instead of being forced to accept) an unelected dictator over an elected government they disagree with has pretty much failed as a citizen and they effectively live in a failed state.

I still have hope for Pakistan that the elections will go as planned and they'll be able to elect someone (anyone) instead of another dictator. I don't see why every single person doesn't demand a military dictator be shot as a traitor. Those people clearly violated their oath to their country when they decide to topple someone that the people elected at the ballot box.

Yea, I think when a citizenry accepts (instead of being forced to accept) an unelected dictator over an elected government they disagree with has pretty much failed as a citizen and they effectively live in a failed state.
    That's the key there.

And overall a pretty silly statement too.
    Last edited by smalishah84; 15-01-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Well clearly every statement anyone ever makes that is not regurgitating some fact is generally going to have that in front, implied or literal. But I stand by it.

of course you stand by the silliness

Page 97 of 139 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread Information