Page 95 of 145 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2171
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Simon Champion!
    Bloody hell.

Simon Champion!
    Syed Ali Abbas Zaidi ‏@Ali_Abbas_Zaidi

just talked to mother of @khudiali - dear friend, peace activist and a smiling face. He is no more. Martyred in today's blast in Quetta
    Retweeted 74 times
    Expand
    56m beena sarwar beena sarwar ‏@beenasarwar

RT @wahaz: RIP a fellow twitterite @khudiali,died in Quetta today,was helping the Injured when 2nd Blast Happened. A Hero 4 Humanity

Rest In Peace

Nadeem F. Paracha's tweet sums up my feelings:

"Most Pakistanis perform rituals they believe will save them from hell, without realizing hell is what they've created right here, right now."

Simon Champion!
    The Hindu : Opinion / Lead : At the receiving end of fanaticism

Was reading this earlier. Wonder whether these attacks are related to Sectarian violence, War on terror or the Civil War in Balochistan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post

Was reading this earlier. Wonder whether these attacks are related to Sectarian violence, War on terror or the Civil War in Balochistan ?
    It's a combination of all. The problem is that instead of confronting extremists (whatever their motive or cause), Pakistan has appeased and tolerated them for too long. There's always excuses that are made for their barbarity, conspiracy theories are branded about, and of course "blame America" is the most popular option of all. It's heartbreaking really.

The brutal reality is that it's not enough to "disagree" with terrorists; in order to eliminate them, you have to confront them. They are not going away on their own.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    The Lankans evacuated whole areas and bit by bit captured back land and flushed out terrorists. If we want to protect innocents from these terrorists and make sure they are not target of drones, Pak needs to evacuate areas en mass and then send military and try and flush out terrorists. Sitting on your bums and allowing drone strikes isn't going to do anything.

This was never our war but we certainly have been dragged into it. We never had these issues before the WOT. More and more young people are joining TTP due to aerial bombardment of their family members. Terrorists aren't born, they are being created and are being recruited by these ****s.

Simon Champion!
    C'mon Secterian conflict between Shia, Hazara's etc.. and Sunni's and also the problems in Balochistan (both related too), were happening a lot before WOT.

TTP i, doubt is responsible for the mess there. And US isn't even doing bombings in that whole Province.

(Not defending Drone attacks here, ftr but you can't just attribute all the problems to that.)
    Last edited by Cevno; 10-01-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    C'mon Secterian conflict between Shia, Hazara's etc.. and Sunni's and also the problems in Balochistan (both related too), were happening a lot before WOT.

TTP i, doubt is responsible for the mess there. And US isn't even doing bombings in that whole Province.

(Not defending Drone attacks here, ftr but you can't just attribute all the problems to that.)
    Baluchistan is a completely separate issue and yes there are a whole host of other sectarin conflicts in and around Pakistan (for example ANP against the MQM in Karachi, etc). Hoverever the main one in Pakistan is TTP and they are the ones who claim these attacks. They did it with those bombs in markets of peshawar previously. I wasn't speaking about the Quetta attacks because most likely those are through the Baloch separatists and nothing at all to do with US. Which is why I was referring to TTP since I couldn't understand why Fusion was somehow linking Quetta with US and TTP and that side of things.

This level of violence was unheard of before. You have to admit that.

If I am wrong on this, then I would like to know why more people are joining TTP especially the fact that they are still as strong as ever despite drones killing a lot of their members, and Pakistani military killing thousands of their men as claimed by it. Who is joining TTP and why (surely their recruitment isn't 100% from across the border, they must have local Pakistani supporters as well). You don't just automatically become a terrorist or join a terrorist organisation and start killing your own people. There must be a logical reason as to why some local people are joining them. Why do they hate Pakistan, or what cause would they have against it to commit these attacks on their own country/people.

Edit: Just to clarify I was discussing on how to deal with Pak's main threat which is TTP and not the Baloch separatists and the Quetta attacks. That's a separate issue.
    Last edited by Agent Nationaux; 10-01-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    As unfortunate as these incidents are I don't seem them even going down in the next 2 months. Only with a credible govt at the center can we see any semblance of normality return to Pak. Stooges and puppets only end up compounding the miseries of the people.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Every problem seems to have 'drone strikes' as one of the causes. Reminds me of this guy. You can't just blame America for failures of society and the government and population turning a blind eye (and in some cases accepting) extremism for decades on a last few years of drone strikes. It's easy to look outward than inward.

And I've railed against drone strikes multiple times in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Every problem seems to have 'drone strikes' as one of the causes. Reminds me of this guy. You can't just blame America for failures of society and the government and population turning a blind eye (and in some cases accepting) extremism for decades on a last few years of drone strikes. It's easy to look outward than inward.

And I've railed against drone strikes multiple times in the past.
    Word

Simon Champion!
    Pakistani politics: The mystery of Tahir ul Qadri | The Economist

Now who is he and where he came from in weeks? From where is he getting money and support? And what reforms does want?

he is quite a mystery for sure

Governor

a step in the right direction? Too little too late?

Page 95 of 145 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread Information