Page 82 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2165
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Love the picture of the hippies. So jealous of them, I'd have absolutely loved to have gone to Pakistan/Afghanistan in the 60s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Will Imran's campaign against drones include getting Bhogle and Healy off the airwaves?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Will Imran's campaign against drones include getting Bhogle and Healy off the airwaves?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Taliban shoot a 14 year old girl in the head for wanting to go to school

Yup, these are exactly the type of people that the government of Pakistan should be making "peace" deals with. If only we left them alone in the tribal areas, they'd cause no trouble or problems at all! Life would just be strawberries and peaches for those people that live under their control.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    I haven't been very hooked on this thread, but who is suggesting that?
    RIP Craigos

yep......good point NP.....

Some people think that the only solution to a problem is to bomb/shoot anybody that disagrees with them. There can be no other solution you see

Simon Champion!
    Tbf, they are not only disagreeing but harassing and shooting innocent people who don't agree with their stupid outlook on society.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Tbf, they are not only disagreeing but harassing and shooting innocent people who don't agree with their stupid outlook on society.
    Which is what our stupid govt is doing too. Doing exactly the same thing that the taliban are doing.

Military solution is the last solution not the only solution.

And I don't quite understand what the problems is with taking Imran's solution? Why not use the tribal people to fight the taliban and keep them at bay? I haven't heard one good argument against this strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    I haven't been very hooked on this thread, but who is suggesting that?
    Imran Khan for one. He opposes any military action in the tribal areas. He wants to negotiate a peace deal there. A peace deal for what? To give them autonomy over the tribal areas to do as they please? They want to impose Taliban rule there. We all know what that entails. It means a barbaric and medieval system of Wahabi style Islam that treats women like property, persecutes all minorities, and forces everyone to comply with their vision of what life should be like. Why should the government of Pakistan negotiate a deal with rebels? Remember, they are killing and imposing terror on the people and government of Pakistan. So is it better to have ďpeaceĒ with these monsters or fight and gain back control of our country?

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    No one should be given autonomy but it's disgusting that the tribals are being killed from drone attacks. Fusion, do you think they love the rest of Pakistan as a result? Or that they will forget what the rest of the country is allowing? These are the people who swore to the British that they will protect their borders during the British Raj and they kept their promise, and they won't forget this as well.

I am not surprised that the Talibs are bombing our markets. An eye for an eye.
    Last edited by Agent Nationaux; 10-10-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    No one should be given autonomy but it's disgusting that the tribals are being killed from drone attacks. Fusion, do you think they love the rest of Pakistan as a result? Or that they will forget what the rest of the country is allowing? These are the people who swore to the British that they will protect their borders during the British Raj and they kept their promise, and they won't forget this as well.

I am not surprised that they are bombing our markets. An eye for an eye.
    An eye for an eye? What do the drone attacks have ANYTHING to do with the Taliban shooting a 14 year old girl? An eye for an eye would mean they attack the Americans, not a teenage girl. There is NO justification for their atrocities against innocent people. NONE. It's not America's fault that these people have such warped and sick mentality. Not allowing girls to attend school and generally treating them like cattle, killing minorities, and forcing people to live by their rules has nothing to do with the drones. That's who they are. The drones didnít create that ideology.

What Imran and others seem to be missing is that the Pakistani government/military is not invading a foreign land here. The government is enforcing its wit on its own sovereign land. The Taliban don't get to have their own autonomous region outside of Pakistan's control just because they want to. This is Pakistani land. Either they live according to the rules of Pakistan's constitution, or they should be forced to. Why is that even a question to debate? Either you have control of your territory as a nation or you are a failed state. If you are a failed state, then you have no cause to protest when other countries take violent action against your people to protect their interest.

They are committing atrocities, but my question wasn't whether it's justified or not, I asked if you are surprised that they are retaliating by attacking Pakistan. For example they have attacked military compounds 3 times now.

And I was never debating about them being given their own land. I don't care what happens to the Taliban, what I am talking about is the Tribals, who did not kill any girl. You are confusing the Tribals with the Talibs,

The Tribals, haven't killed anyone, nor have they done anything against the constitution. They are Pakistanis, yet we allow them to be droned in order to get the Talibs. I don't think the collateral damage is worth it. Nor does Imran.

Where is the Taliban base? The tribal areas. Who are we fighting in the tribal areas? The Taliban. So if we make ďpeaceĒ in the tribal areas, who are we making peace with? The Taliban!! I donít care if itís the Taliban or my next door Uncle Khan thatís fighting the Pakistani government. If they are fighting against the State, they need to be defeated. They donít get to have their own land. They donít get to impose their own will. They donít get to shoot 14 year old girls. Simple as.

And am I surprised that they are attacking Pakistan? Actually Iím not. I expect monsters to do monstrous things like bomb innocent civilians. And please donít try to paint their attacks as merely against the Pakistani military. They are killing thousands of civilians and you know it. So am I surprised? No. Am I horrified by their barbarism? YES! Arenít you?

Thread Information