Cricket Player Manager
Page 64 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    What do you reckon about Rushdie's influence then?
    I haven't read the book fully. It was one of the rare occasions I gave up on a book midway. I don't remember the structure of the book exactly, but I was bored out of my mind after the first section. It had more to do with his attempt at 'Indianisation' of the language spoken by the characters. It was no more an Indianisation of the language than street slang and textspeak are valid tools of colloquialisation of English spoken elsewhere. It was far too jarring on the senses, and I couldn't carry on reading. In other words, I've side-stepped your question. What you gonna do about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Srs opinion? I'm not informed enough to have a strong opinion either way. In such situations I'd tend to go with the default position of "You don't have to read it if you don't want to."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    fair enough
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I think Rushdie is a prick. Not because of his book. I don't care if he writes a 100 other books like it because I won't read them. And he shouldn't be persecuted for writing whatever he wants, because that's wrong and against freedom of speech. As Joe pointed out you don't have to read his books. I think he is a prick because he labels Pakistan as a terrorist nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I think he is a prick because he labels Pakistan as a terrorist nation.
    What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    What's wrong with that?
    Calling a whole population as terrorist!!!

I have no issues with Imran not wanting to associate himself with Rushdie (or anyone else for that matter). Thatís his right. It's also the right way to go about protesting Rushdie, instead of that whole fatwa thing that was issued from that moron from Iran. Rushdieís tweet about Imran attending his 1982 lecture and being secular is rather silly. Everyone knows that Imran is a born again Muslim and heís not the same person today that he was back then. Neither is Rushdie!

Also, being secular doesnít mean you should automatically like or support Rushdie. Heís full of himself, as usual.

I have always thought this Fatwa on Rushdie to be a bit of an exaggeration by the man himself. He claims he is scared for his life but I always see him on TV doing some interview or another. He clearly is an attention seeker. No wonder he wrote the book to get publicity and cause controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I have always thought this Fatwa on Rushdie to be a bit of an exaggeration by the man himself. He claims he is scared for his life but I always see him on TV doing some interview or another. He clearly is an attention seeker. No wonder he wrote the book to get publicity and cause controversy.
    I think the threat has subsided as time went by. IMO, it was definitely a life threatening situation for him when the Fatwa was first issued.

Of course, the over the top reaction of Muslims only helped to publicize the book and make him into a worldwide superstar. As has been stated here, if you donít like the book, donít read it and ignore it. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    I think the threat has subsided as time went by. IMO, it was definitely a life threatening situation for him when the Fatwa was first issued.

Of course, the over the top reaction of Muslims only helped to publicize the book and make him into a worldwide superstar. As has been stated here, if you donít like the book, donít read it and ignore it. Simple.
    That's the funny bit. If he had not had the fatwa on him, he wouldn't be as famous and rich. Muslims should just ignore people like Rushdie who try to gain publicity by being controversial.

Salman Rushdie = Veena Malik

both should have been ignored but weren't

it seems our political machinations are not limited to Kashmir or Afghanistan

http://www.dawn.com/2012/03/15/kalei...njustices.html

it seems our political machinations are not limited to Kashmir or Afghanistan

Kaleidoscope of injustices | Opinion | DAWN.COM

I so hate the PPP govt.

I can never understand why any sane person would want them to be in power.

Imprisonment better than writing to the Swiss, says Gilani | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

BMJ
    Yeh i agree with you@84 and yes i would like to give it a hearty F**k you to that S***h***e goverment.

Thread Information