Page 54 of 136 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    No Veena is Imran's winning gift from us to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    now the Iranians following the American example??

Iranian border guards still in Pakistani custody | Pakistan | DAWN.COM
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Well, now THEY come running to US... muahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba
    If Shoiab starts throwing his jockstrap around, they're all going to catch something

Accidental Founder of the Fawad Alam Appreciation Society!

Slowfinger - An active member of CricketWeb for 5 years and counting!

http://www.dawn.com/2012/01/03/mqm-s...provinces.html

MQM is so lolworthy. No need for a separate province in Sindh....

this makes my blood boil

Imran Khan Press conference in Islamabad 03 Jan 2012 - YouTube!

aagghhh........and some people would love this to keep happening

I don't understand, what makes your blood boil from that clip?

how much this govt has hurt us in the last 3 years.....

shot...vlarke

Imran gives so much hope

a great interview in Urdu

Imran khan in Islamabad tonight – Aaj news – 5th january 2012

I hope they do this favor to the nation

PPP hints at early general election | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

Lol, they seem overconfident (any vote rigging - maybe dead people will come alive for 24 hours lol).

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    this explains a lot of insecurities that Fusion has. I can understand somewhat now why Fusion holds the views that he does

The Washington Diary | Blog | DAWN.COM

"The larger impact of this change is felt in Islamabad which now has to deal with a hostile superpower. But it is also having an impact on those Pakistanis who live in the US.

“Depressing,” is how most Pakistani-Americans describe this change. Torn between loyalty to their adopted homeland and ties to the old, many are reluctant to identify themselves as Pakistanis. Some hide behind their South Asian identity, thus allowing ordinary Americans to see them as Indians. India is America’s new friend in South Asia. It also has more influence in the United States than the Pakistanis have ever had.

Most Pakistanis appear paranoid. Some even discuss the possibility of being herded together in camps, like Japanese-Americans during the World War II, and getting deported."

Sorry Fusion, I can only imagine how tough it might be getting there. I didn't know things were getting so tough for you guys. I can now understand why you always thought of the American interest first and Pakistan's interest later.

Look, racism exists everywhere. I have faced racism in Australia..A landlord refused to rent me his place after he heard my name. Especially today when we live in such a polarised and volatile world, identity has become such a serious issue in politics..these are extremely volatile times and everyone's experience is going to be different..which is why it is so difficult to understand a situation unless you are actually there. There might be Muslims/Pakistanis who faced racism in America..The situation last year during the whole 'Ground Zero' Mosque fiasco, add that with American foreign policy and it is very easy to conclude that America as a nation is out there to hurt Muslims or Islam or Pakistan. Not true. The moment it becomes an issue of religion, or nationality, or identity, its over. I know it is extremely difficult to not make it an issue of identity especially when politicians and the media exploit identity politics, but we would be making a grave mistake if we succumb to that. You have to remember that most people in this world are just plain dumb and lazy. They do not want to exercise their minds and they succumb to the kind of trash the mainstream corporate media feeds them. Its not that they are inherently hateful or racist. I do not doubt the experiences faced by Faisal1985 at all because I know people are dumb and they behave like that in times like this. But that is just human nature.. Most people are neither tolerant or intolerant..they are just in the middle..yet when the times change, and the situation becomes volatile, they react in ways that might be considered intolerant. I hear incidents and experiences mentioned by Faisal1985 all the time but they do not surprise me because I do not expect a great deal of intelligence and sense from most people..regardless of race, nationality or religion. Most people are not very well read, have a lot of their own personal frustrations, watch the news for 1 hour where they are fed bull crap, and they react in the way they do. But it would be unfair to give it any more importance than it deserves and conclude that an entire nation is out there to attack Muslims.

At the same time I do not like Fusion's argument of comparing the treatment of minorities in Pakistan or the Muslim world with that of America. That is very bad argument precisely because America has to be better than them. The Muslim world is not known for its human rights. There is a reason why most of the Muslim countries have such strong Armies rather than air force or navy...because they need that army against their own people. That's how they have been functioning since colonialism. But America is the leading country of the world and it is known for its human rights (at least inside America) and its constitution. The day America starts comparing its own human rights record with that of the Muslim world's, then its a very sad day indeed.

American foreign policy is not at all different to any of the ruling empires in history. If you read history enough, you will realize that the world has always been the same, on the verge of tearing itself apart. At the same time it is important to realize that America is a nation is still the greatest nation on earth because of its civil society. I have never seen a civil society like that of America anywhere in the world. Yes certain post 9/11 laws in America are a bit draconian, but once again if you look at history, you will see that most empires have reacted with laws like that when under threat.

So from Pakistan's perspective, yes American foreign policy is dreadful, and yes America treats Pakistan like ****, and yes Pakistan dug its own graveyard by getting involved in the war, but we should not let that cloud our judgement and ignore the fact that America is the nation that respects and values its own citizens the most, regardless of colour, race and religion. It is the nation where immigrants have been the most successful.

Ok I admit..I have a soft spot for America ..its been my dream country since childhood..I can't help it..its been the number 1 country since my childhood..I love American movies..I love American music (not the current ones)..how can I hate America just because its foreign policy is imperialistic
    Last edited by Black_Warrior; 06-01-2012 at 08:39 AM.

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post

Eek.
    Faisal1985, you're not meant to be reveal on a public forum about our hidden agenda to take over the world and establish Shariah law on Western land...now see you just scared PEWS.

Thread Information