Page 50 of 145 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    I think Fusion is a baaghi of PTI
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    See that's the thing. You feel the biggest threat to Pakistan is extremism and Taliban..Fair enough. There are others who feel that this is a ploy used by the Zardari government to get more aid from US and pocket it themselves. There are others who feel that the problems faced by Pakistan today are not so much terrorism but soaring prices, food stability to keep prices down, power shortage which really hurts the economy as industries don't get to function smoothly, and to build and develop local industries to strengthen the economy. Imran has talked about mining in Pakistan which will greatly help the economy and create jobs. These are more pressing concerns than the big bad Taliban according to some people and for them Imran is a better option than PPP.

Now those are not necessarily my views. What I am saying is, it is possible for people who genuinely want the best for Pakistan to have differences about what the major problems are at the moment and how to tackle them.
    Couldn't have said it any better.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    decent speech but should have focused on the issues faced by the common man in Karachi more. Next jalsa in Quetta will be the most important of all his jalsas imo. If Karachi and Lahore were about getting the big numbers which he did in Quetta he can once and for all squash the rumors that he is being backed by the establishment. A lot of the grievances from the Baluchistan people is with the army if Imran can openly address then in Quetta that will go a long way in convincing people that this Tsunami (horrible gimmick name) is real and not establishment created.
    Its true he has been overtly generalizing his policy at the moment. Would be good to see if he can be a little more specific on his policy for Baloch people.

Thoughts of losing Baluchistan is seriously a scary imagination...

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    I don't support the PPP at all. I actually have no political affiliation. I will support any leader/party that I think will do what's best for Pakistan. Unfortunately by default, that seems to be the current political setup. I'm under no illusion that this coalition government has brought positive results to Pakistan. I fully realize how corrupt Zardari is. Yet he at least realizes the biggest threat to the future of Pakistan is extremism posed by the Taliban and fellow terrorists, not the big bad West. IMO, Imran doesn't get that. If he comes into power and tackles this issue correctly, he'd have my full support.
    I don't agree that Zardari realizes the biggest threats to Pakistan being extremism or Taliban. he is not mentally capable enough to realize logical things period.

More importantly Taliban are not Pakistan's biggest fears by any stretch of the imagination. Taliban are a matter of 1 meeting and settling the issues via talks without American or Indian interference. Its not rocket science for Pak Army or ISI to talk to Taliban and create peace, its happening as I write and Americans have started to like the idea as well.

Imran Khan has been saying this for ages that Military operations have to be the last resort. Talk to Taliban and settle the issues. Now the American VP Joe Biden stated in an interview to New Week which clearly implicates that Talks with Taliban are very well on.

Why should anyone question Imran's judgement of the issue today when he has been saying all along how to deal with Taliban.

Moreover the issues of Pakistan as stated before which are far far bigger threats are lack of education, lack of healthcare, corruption at every level of government office, below par productivity, energy crisis, inflation, water shortage, internal political issues i.e. Baluchistan....these are real issue of Pakistan.

We as common Pakistanis don't give a nickle about who wrote that darn memo...we want to be secure in Pakistan we want to be able to work, raise a family, own a business and live safely in Pakistan and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    I don't agree that Zardari realizes the biggest threats to Pakistan being extremism or Taliban. he is not mentally capable enough to realize logical things period.

More importantly Taliban are not Pakistan's biggest fears by any stretch of the imagination. Taliban are a matter of 1 meeting and settling the issues via talks without American or Indian interference. Its not rocket science for Pak Army or ISI to talk to Taliban and create peace, its happening as I write and Americans have started to like the idea as well.

Imran Khan has been saying this for ages that Military operations have to be the last resort. Talk to Taliban and settle the issues. Now the American VP Joe Biden stated in an interview to New Week which clearly implicates that Talks with Taliban are very well on.

Why should anyone question Imran's judgement of the issue today when he has been saying all along how to deal with Taliban.

Moreover the issues of Pakistan as stated before which are far far bigger threats are lack of education, lack of healthcare, corruption at every level of government office, below par productivity, energy crisis, inflation, water shortage, internal political issues i.e. Baluchistan....these are real issue of Pakistan.

We as common Pakistanis don't give a nickle about who wrote that darn memo...we want to be secure in Pakistan we want to be able to work, raise a family, own a business and live safely in Pakistan and enjoy it.
    Gun post Faisal

BB’s assassins won’t go unpunished, says Zardari | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Is Zardari thinking of inflicting self-punishment

this explains a lot of insecurities that Fusion has. I can understand somewhat now why Fusion holds the views that he does

The Washington Diary | Blog | DAWN.COM

"The larger impact of this change is felt in Islamabad which now has to deal with a hostile superpower. But it is also having an impact on those Pakistanis who live in the US.

“Depressing,” is how most Pakistani-Americans describe this change. Torn between loyalty to their adopted homeland and ties to the old, many are reluctant to identify themselves as Pakistanis. Some hide behind their South Asian identity, thus allowing ordinary Americans to see them as Indians. India is America’s new friend in South Asia. It also has more influence in the United States than the Pakistanis have ever had.

Most Pakistanis appear paranoid. Some even discuss the possibility of being herded together in camps, like Japanese-Americans during the World War II, and getting deported."

Sorry Fusion, I can only imagine how tough it might be getting there. I didn't know things were getting so tough for you guys. I can now understand why you always thought of the American interest first and Pakistan's interest later.

this explains a lot of insecurities that Fusion has. I can understand somewhat now why Fusion holds the views that he does

The Washington Diary | Blog | DAWN.COM

"The larger impact of this change is felt in Islamabad which now has to deal with a hostile superpower. But it is also having an impact on those Pakistanis who live in the US.

“Depressing,” is how most Pakistani-Americans describe this change. Torn between loyalty to their adopted homeland and ties to the old, many are reluctant to identify themselves as Pakistanis. Some hide behind their South Asian identity, thus allowing ordinary Americans to see them as Indians. India is America’s new friend in South Asia. It also has more influence in the United States than the Pakistanis have ever had.

Most Pakistanis appear paranoid. Some even discuss the possibility of being herded together in camps, like Japanese-Americans during the World War II, and getting deported."

Sorry Fusion, I can only imagine how tough it might be getting there. I didn't know things were getting so tough for you guys. I can now understand why you always thought of the American interest first and Pakistan's interest later.

That is such a patronising post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

awta with The Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    That is such a patronising post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    awta with The Joe.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Lol, didn't expect that from you Smali. Fusion believes in what he does because he is a proud American and Pakistani. That article is rubbish. In countries like the US and UK there is no problem for Pakistanis as long as they obey the laws and integrate in the society. They are treated equally like everyone else and if they don't support a particular policy then they have every right to protest without any fear. Pakistanis don't pretend to be Indians or South Asians.

Regarding Zardari, why does he keep bleating on about BB's killer brought to justice, and then do nothing about it. Me thinks it's because the elections are getting closer. I am sick of hearing the same rubbish over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Agent, I have never been to the US but that article is written by some guy who sits in the US (and I am assuming has been there for quite some time now).

I really didn't know what's been happening with Pakistani Americans so I took it to be somewhat representative with their lot. Might have been my mistake but sounds awfully lot like Fusion

reminds me of the lines "humein pata hai kay BB kay qatil kaun hain" (we know who are BB's killers). Well then catch them stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Lol, didn't expect that from you Smali. Fusion believes in what he does because he is a proud American and Pakistani. That article is rubbish. In countries like the US and UK there is no problem for Pakistanis as long as they obey the laws and integrate in the society. They are treated equally like everyone else and if they don't support a particular policy then they have every right to protest without any fear. Pakistanis don't pretend to be Indians or South Asians.

Regarding Zardari, why does he keep bleating on about BB's killer brought to justice, and then do nothing about it. Me thinks it's because the elections are getting closer. I am sick of hearing the same rubbish over and over.
    o
    In pre 9/11 era that would be true but not now bud. I have lived in NY and done my high school there...i have experienced first hand post 9/11 racism and complete discrimination for being a Muslim..thats why my family ended up moving to Canada. I still have friends and family in NY ...i know its not that easy for Pakistanis...but also not as tough that they have to change identity and pretend to be Indians..but surely Pakistanis arent the most favorites in America at the.moment.
    Last edited by Faisal1985; 27-12-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Page 50 of 145 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread Information