Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    A nice writeup for haters out there.

Why is it wrong to praise Imran Khan? | Blog | DAWN.COM

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Great article about the Jalsa.
    I sure like your sig. I hope it comes true Agent. IA
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Thanks Smali.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

The Taliban never intended to conquer the world. You have to understand their mentality. They only wanted a better Afghanistan free from drugs, prostitution etc. That's why they stood up (a talib is a student). Before 9/11 the US never cared for the Taliban because they were harmless. The US only came after Al Qaida. The Taliban even offered to hand over Bin Laden, which the US refused because they wanted the country. Now the Taliban are fighting for their homeland (can you really blame them for that).

And once the US leaves, the Talibs will come back into power because the Afghan government is weak and is mainly Tajik. Most of the population of Afghanistan is Pushtun and so are the Talibs. Do you really think the majority Pushtuns will support the Tajik government once US leaves. Pushtuns always support their tribe first (that's their mentality).

Once the US leaves, Pakistan will have a chance to sort itself out. At the moment the military is using this to their advantage by playing their double game with the US and Pakistani people. They are diverting the education, health and other budgets to themselves and also taking money from the US. This is what Imran is trying to sort out. That is why he wants the US gone, so that Pakistan has a chance to manage its problems. But I don't know how he will manage the ISI, however has Zardari managed it, or did Sharif manage it. We aren't voting for Imran to manage the military, we are voting for him because he is better than the rest and he will improve the situation in Pakistan.
    Doesn't the "etc" include music, photographs, satellite television, Buddha statues, cinema, computers, toys? Extremely disingenuous to use the innocuous abbreviation there. They were also okay with the opium trade because they didn't care if the westerners partook of it. Of course, the resultant income and taxes were incidental benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

The Taliban are no more Wahabists than the Saudis. And it's also part of their culture. They are a backwards people, but an invasion for that reason is ridiculous. Let them operate how they have operated for the last few centuries.

The Taliban have always been against the drug trade in their country. It's the Afghan warlords who have promoted it and benefited from it.

Kids in Afghanistan don't get toys, they are presented with guns. That's how they have always operated.

It wasn't meant as a reason for invading them, but rather to point out that they weren't all sugar and spice and babies dipped in honey.

Yeah, but nobody is sugar and spice and all things nice.

Unless you are Daemon.

Simon Champion!
    Unless you are Daemon.
    Will see if you still say that, when he makes you his next meal.

Simon Champion!
    Btw, will respond to some points that have been made which i disagree with in this thread later. A few different issues also getting mixed up.

Ftr, never been opposed to Imran and he would certainly bring some hope and probably be better than the rest who are useless, but don't think some of his proposed policies are practical or in some cases ideal for the region as a whole. West or no West doesn't matter in many of them.

the thing is that current policies have been making the situation from bad to worse for the last 10 years.....so why not change??

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Btw, will respond to some points that have been made which i disagree with in this thread later. A few different issues also getting mixed up.

Ftr, never been opposed to Imran and he would certainly bring some hope and probably be better than the rest who are useless, but don't think some of his proposed policies are practical or in some cases ideal for the region as a whole. West or no West doesn't matter in many of them
    Not sure what you mean. Would be good if you elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Will see if you still say that, when he makes you his next meal.

Yeah.

BTW Fusion is missing from this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    lol.....I thought of posting this earlier but I knew that Fusion will jump in at some point.

[/url]
    I've been busy with work the past few days and haven't had a chance to reply and rain down the Imran Khan love parade. Don't worry, I have PLENTY to say on why Imran is not the messiah that he's made out to be. I'll write up a response in the next day or so. I'm sure you all will be waiting with bated breath.

we are all waiting for the venom to start pouring

Page 5 of 139 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread Information