Page 5 of 139 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 2072
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

  1. #61
    International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,168
    A nice writeup for haters out there.

    Why is it wrong to praise Imran Khan? | Blog | DAWN.COM

  2. #62
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Great article about the Jalsa.
    I sure like your sig. I hope it comes true Agent. IA
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  3. #63
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,750
    Thanks Smali.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

  4. #64
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    The Taliban never intended to conquer the world. You have to understand their mentality. They only wanted a better Afghanistan free from drugs, prostitution etc. That's why they stood up (a talib is a student). Before 9/11 the US never cared for the Taliban because they were harmless. The US only came after Al Qaida. The Taliban even offered to hand over Bin Laden, which the US refused because they wanted the country. Now the Taliban are fighting for their homeland (can you really blame them for that).

    And once the US leaves, the Talibs will come back into power because the Afghan government is weak and is mainly Tajik. Most of the population of Afghanistan is Pushtun and so are the Talibs. Do you really think the majority Pushtuns will support the Tajik government once US leaves. Pushtuns always support their tribe first (that's their mentality).

    Once the US leaves, Pakistan will have a chance to sort itself out. At the moment the military is using this to their advantage by playing their double game with the US and Pakistani people. They are diverting the education, health and other budgets to themselves and also taking money from the US. This is what Imran is trying to sort out. That is why he wants the US gone, so that Pakistan has a chance to manage its problems. But I don't know how he will manage the ISI, however has Zardari managed it, or did Sharif manage it. We aren't voting for Imran to manage the military, we are voting for him because he is better than the rest and he will improve the situation in Pakistan.
    Doesn't the "etc" include music, photographs, satellite television, Buddha statues, cinema, computers, toys? Extremely disingenuous to use the innocuous abbreviation there. They were also okay with the opium trade because they didn't care if the westerners partook of it. Of course, the resultant income and taxes were incidental benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!


  5. #65
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,750
    The Taliban are no more Wahabists than the Saudis. And it's also part of their culture. They are a backwards people, but an invasion for that reason is ridiculous. Let them operate how they have operated for the last few centuries.

    The Taliban have always been against the drug trade in their country. It's the Afghan warlords who have promoted it and benefited from it.

  6. #66
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,750
    Kids in Afghanistan don't get toys, they are presented with guns. That's how they have always operated.

  7. #67
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,864
    It wasn't meant as a reason for invading them, but rather to point out that they weren't all sugar and spice and babies dipped in honey.

  8. #68
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,750
    Yeah, but nobody is sugar and spice and all things nice.

  9. #69
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,750
    Unless you are Daemon.

  10. #70
    Hall of Fame Member Cevno's Avatar
    Simon Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    15,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Unless you are Daemon.
    Will see if you still say that, when he makes you his next meal.

  11. #71
    Hall of Fame Member Cevno's Avatar
    Simon Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    15,713
    Btw, will respond to some points that have been made which i disagree with in this thread later. A few different issues also getting mixed up.

    Ftr, never been opposed to Imran and he would certainly bring some hope and probably be better than the rest who are useless, but don't think some of his proposed policies are practical or in some cases ideal for the region as a whole. West or no West doesn't matter in many of them.

  12. #72
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,431
    the thing is that current policies have been making the situation from bad to worse for the last 10 years.....so why not change??

  13. #73
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Btw, will respond to some points that have been made which i disagree with in this thread later. A few different issues also getting mixed up.

    Ftr, never been opposed to Imran and he would certainly bring some hope and probably be better than the rest who are useless, but don't think some of his proposed policies are practical or in some cases ideal for the region as a whole. West or no West doesn't matter in many of them
    .
    Not sure what you mean. Would be good if you elaborate

    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Will see if you still say that, when he makes you his next meal.

  14. #74
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Yeah.


    BTW Fusion is missing from this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    lol.....I thought of posting this earlier but I knew that Fusion will jump in at some point.

    [/url]
    I've been busy with work the past few days and haven't had a chance to reply and rain down the Imran Khan love parade. Don't worry, I have PLENTY to say on why Imran is not the messiah that he's made out to be. I'll write up a response in the next day or so. I'm sure you all will be waiting with bated breath.

  15. #75
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    21,431
    we are all waiting for the venom to start pouring

Page 5 of 139 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Programming Thread
    By vcs in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 25-01-2012, 08:57 PM
  2. Pakistan vs England Jul-Aug-Sep 2010
    By gunner in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-07-2010, 08:41 PM
  3. India Pakistan Slug-fest !!
    By SJS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-08-2009, 10:50 AM
  4. Pakistan Squad
    By Xuhaib in forum 2009 ICC World Twenty20
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 06:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •