Page 37 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

I don't know, do I? I'm not a A-class dweeb like Donny Rumsfeld. But all the evidence points to him believing his own tripe at the time.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    I know you guys want profits immediately but patience is a virtue. Capital expenditure always comes first. Read
    So...in order to get profits, America decided to install a government that wants to kick us out...instead of...you know, just taking the oil? Ya, makes total sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I don't know, do I? I'm not a A-class dweeb like Donny Rumsfeld. But all the evidence points to him believing his own tripe at the time.
    Just watch this again please. Quite funny

Donald Rumsfeld lies. - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    So...in order to get profits, America decided to install a government that wants to kick us out...instead of...you know, just taking the oil? Ya, makes total sense.

So? Anybody who comes into power in Iraq will try to soothe the iraqi public by asking for American withdrawal. It is stupid to assume that any govt in Iraq would come and openly welcome an unpopular move such as the US invasion. At the same time do you think the Iraqis themselves have all the autonomy in the world?

So? Maybe there was a miscalculation regarding how easily the oil would start coming in. Does that mean that they didn't invade for oil?

I never thought this would be happening but even that tool Bill o Reilly thinks that the US invasion of Iraq was all about oil. Makes for great watching too.

Bill O'Reilly Gets Owned By David Letterman - Part 1 of 2 - YouTube

Bill O'Reilly Gets Owned By David Letterman - Part 2 of 2 - YouTube
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Actually I don't think it's very certain that Iraq wants America gone completely at all. Certainly a push in certain sections to maintain a US presence - mostly amongst the Kurd/Sunni(?) minority I believe - but by the time they could get round to try and actually get some sort of coherent debate going, the horse had bolted, and they had to go. The US certainly wanted to stay (one word: Iran)... but I think the assumption that goes into this is that Iraq has something approaching a coherent government that actually has any idea what it wants which is probably a wee bit dodgy.

I never thought this would be happening but even that tool Bill o Reilly thinks that the US invasion of Iraq was all about oil. Makes for great watching too.

Bill O'Reilly Gets Owned By David Letterman - Part 1 of 2 - YouTube

Bill O'Reilly Gets Owned By David Letterman - Part 2 of 2 - YouTube
    This isn't an argument either... seriously, man, can you put up hard evidence, and not random youtube clips or blogs?

what kind of hard evidence are you looking for?

Chomsky's analysis you don't want to hear, the right wingers views you are not ready to accept (even though they were the ones pushing for the war).

Now do you want me to get you photos of the American flag fluttering in the winds of the desert over the mouth of an Iraqi oil well????? Or you want me to have a video of bush come out and saying that "Yes, we went in there for oil"?

lol...Tamim gone

here is an interesting piece.........although it says that most of the contracts went to other countries but read on

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/17/bu...pagewanted=all

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    what kind of hard evidence are you looking for?

Chomsky's analysis you don't want to hear, the right wingers views you are not ready to accept (even though they were the ones pushing for the war).

Now do you want me to get you photos of the American flag fluttering in the winds of the desert over the mouth of an Iraqi oil well????? Or you want me to have a video of bush come out and saying that "Yes, we went in there for oil"?
    Christ.

Pre-planned contracts. Minutes of meetings where this was planned. Military strategy. Geopolitical strategy. Hard. ****ing. Evidence.

Not some random talking head's agenda.

If you honestly think that your "Iraq was about oil" argument is proved because Bill O'****ingReilly says so then I have no words.
    Last edited by Spark; 06-12-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Christ.

Pre-planned contracts. Minutes of meetings where this was planned. Military strategy. Geopolitical strategy. Hard. ****ing. Evidence.
    Do you expect me to get the Pentagon papers on this? They will probably be declassified 30 years later or so. Quite a silly statement tbh. I'll try and call up Julian Assange and see if he has something for you

Btw do you have hard ****ing evidence to say that the invasion was for freedom and democracy?

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Iraq did have chemical WMD in their past so I never minded the allusion to WMD in Iraq, most knew they had previously developed chemical WMD before and could potentially do so again. Was this enough to go to war for? Probably not. The nuke claims were, as was revealed, a dubious claim at best.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Find where I actually said it was about freedom and democracy and I'll respond to that post.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    maybe george bush just didn't like saddam hussein
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Iraq did have chemical WMD in their past so I never minded the allusion to WMD in Iraq, most knew they had previously developed chemical WMD before and could potentially do so again. Was this enough to go to war for? Probably not. The nuke claims were, as was revealed, a dubious claim at best.
    I'm not sure why they were so insistent on the nuclear aspect. That was almost certainly a political thing because in the public mind, chemical weapons sound bad but nuclear weapons are death incarnate (when in reality given the purpose I would be far more concerned about chemical weapons than nuclear. Nasty, nasty ****ers)

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    maybe george bush just didn't like saddam hussein
    Haha, and then there's that.

Thread Information