Page 35 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    not the same at all.
    Not the same as what?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Not the same as what?
    European nations colonising the world in order to exploit their natural resources.

Indeed. Blogs like to throw around terms like "American Empire" because they look big and scary and suit their agenda, but reality is far more complex and subtle than that.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    In regards to the current situation with Afghanistan, there is a solution there if some bitter pills are swallowed by all sides.

Pakistan needs to accept that it will never again have a regime controlled by them (like the Taliban prior to the war) in Afghanistan. 9/11 changed the Geo-political realities and Pakistan can forget about establishing "strategic depth" in Afghanistan. Pakistan will have to deal with groups that it opposed in the past, like the Northern Alliance, and try to have the best diplomatic relations they can. This means that no longer can Pakistan look to Afghanistan as its own personal backyard and think that in case of a conflict with India, Afghanistan can be used for man-resources or a staging ground for war. Pakistan has to accept that Afghanistan is now a completely independent country with its own interest that don't necessarily align with Pakistan.

The United States needs to understand and appreciate Pakistan's long term concerns, instead of just focusing on the "now". The US wants the Pakistan to stop supporting groups like the Haqqani network which are actively working against them. However, Pakistan sees the Haqqani network as vital to securing its future interests in Afghanistan. What the US needs to do is assure Pakistan that a future Afghan government is not going to be hostile to Pakistan. This means curtailing Indian influence. The Northern Alliance was long supported by India and India now has a firm presence in Afghanistan. Pakistan is terrified of being "surrounded" by both sides and will never let go of the proxy war until its assured that India is not in control of the Afghanistan government. In addition to curtailing Indian influence, the US needs to arrange for a government that fairly represents the Pashtoons. As long as the majority of the people in Afghanistan feel alienated by their government, there will be no peace and continued support to Taliban.
    Very well said Fusion.

Afghan need to be independent of India Pakistan and U.S. and make there own decisions.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Yeah you've convinced everyone with those crackpot links. Hey Smali, can you also post the link to where the US introduced AIDS into Africa to wipe out the blacks? Ok how about an easy one about how 9/11 was an inside job orchestrated by the US and Israelis so they could have an excuse to attack the Muslim world? Don't forget to mention that email that supposedly went out to all Jews working at the World Trade Center to not show up for work that day. That's my favorite.

As usual your rabid anti-Americanism forces you to portray the US as The Great Satan out to destroy the Islamic world. The facts, on the other hand, are simply not that sensational. The US had abandoned Afghanistan post Soviet war and had no interest in invading the country. Once they got attacked, they had no choice but to respond. Simple as. Looking forward to even more objective and credible links from you though.
    true story imo

controlled demolition.

Smali, Chomsky is FAR from a legitimate source. He's another nut out there who's political views are not taken seriously by any legitimate news organization. If we're going to start bring in people like Chomsky to support our views, then we might as well end this debate now because we've ventured into loony toons.
    Yea ok...just discredit the source itself if you don't agree with it..come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    true story imo

controlled demolition.
    Oh. Dear. God.

I posted that as an attempt to demonstrate extremely moronic conspiracy theories. We're NOT going to turn this into a 9/11 conspiracy thread. Fair warning to stay on topic please.

We have been discussing Afghan politics for the last 3 pages....in a Pak politics thread....what happened to being on topic?????

The events in Afghanistan and Pakistan are interrelated. You are free to talk about how the policies pursued in one country effect the other. I simply don't want to turn this thread into a "was 9/11 an inside job?" discussion.
    Last edited by Fusion; 05-12-2011 at 08:27 PM.

I had no intention to debate the issue. I just said it was imo....

That was the end of it...as far as I am concerned...

true story imo

controlled demolition.
    I'm out.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I'm out.
    You were never in except the first page or so
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Yea ok...just discredit the source itself if you don't agree with it..come on...
    This.

And it is not as if Chomsky is you Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    errr....can you please enlighten us on the motives behind Operation Iraqi Liberation (O.I.L.)?????
    O'RLY? So we're taking their oil for free? That explains the $0.25 gas prices.

Oh...wait. That's not true at all and in fact Iraq has actually sent us spiraling into debt. If that's your definition of taking other peoples resources, I humbly suggest you're doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    And FYI, Rome had rivals, from Carthage to Parthia to Persia (at different times).

America may not always remain the pre-eminent superpower but we have a large population but not so large as to strain natural resources, a lot more natural resources and habitable land than someone like China, and we are well situated far enough away from other major powers as to not worry about border issues (aside from Immigration type things).

Also comparing it to Rome is funny because I'll take a 1000 years thank you very much.

Thread Information