Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    actually one of the things that caught my attention about 6 months back was Imran telling a motley bunch in Karachi that I will win the elections this time around. He also said that before the 1992 WC he never said that he would win the WC and in 1992 he did. He said that he never said before that he would win the elections but this time he feels that he will win them. Let us hope for the best.

The crowd definitely seemed 100000+ from what i gauged in the videos. Too bad i was not in lahore otherwise I would have gone
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

The Sharif brothers are really panicking.Not so sure about Zardari.

Meanwhile that loser party in Karachi called the MQM took out a rally in support of Zardari

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    I saw Imran's rally on TV and i got goosebumps watching it.

A lot of my friends went to Minar-e-Pakistan for the rally,and it can't even begin to imagine the energy at the place.

The Lion Of Pakistan Has Roared

I am watching the video right now.....it is awesome

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    150,000 to 200,000. That's a hell of a lot of people.

Imran won't take any PPP votes. He will split the rest of the votes with Nawaz. So Zardari is happy I guess.

Imran surely needs to test out Karachi. MQM has lost a lot of support in Karachi from P.E.C.H.S onwards all the way to Defence & Clifton thats like 30-40 % of the city reckon Imran can make a dent in Altaf's vote bank.

I dont think it is that simple.

It is not that Zardari is very popular.

Once Imran moves into the PML vote bank, he will then target the PPP. The lion in him wont rest until he is the king of the jungle

After today,i won't put it past Imran to get some PPP votes.Sure,he won't do any miracles in Larkana for example,but he could hurt them in other areas.

And Zardari won't ever come into Pakistan politics again,Imran or no Imran.

PML-N is another case though.Whereas Imran winning over PPP supporters is hard,i think Imran will have a major impact in Punjab.I think he will win Punjab in the next elections,even if he doesn't win at the Federal level.I don't see him sweeping the elections the way Bhutto did,or even the way Nawaz did in 1996.But i think he will have a significant enough vote bank to become the head of state in a coalition government.
    Last edited by salman85; 30-10-2011 at 12:33 PM.

kudos to the people who are handling PTI's PR, marketing and promotion this does come across as one of the best run campaign in Pakistan's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Imran surely needs to test out Karachi. MQM has lost a lot of support in Karachi from P.E.C.H.S onwards all the way to Defence & Clifton thats like 30-40 % of the city reckon Imran can make a dent in Altaf's vote bank.
    awta.....MQM has suffered a huge dent in their vote bank......rightly so

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    After today,i won't put it past Imran to get some PPP votes.Sure,he won't do any miracles in Larkana for example,but he could hurt them in other areas.

And Zardari won't ever come into Pakistan politics again,Imran or no Imran.

PML-N is another case though.Whereas Imran winning over PPP supporters is hard,i think Imran will have a major impact in Punjab.I think he will win Punjab in the next elections,even if he doesn't win at the Federal level.I don't see him sweeping the elections the way Bhutto did,or even the way Nawaz did in 1996.But i think he will have a significant enough vote bank to become the head of state in a coalition government.
    I hope Zardari doesn't ever come again but you can't write him off. EVER.

kudos to the people who are handling PTI's PR, marketing and promotion this does come across as one of the best run campaign in Pakistan's history.
    awta

I so hate the MQM coming out with a rally in favor of Zardari

My brother told me that LUMS took its student to the rally on university buses.Neat.

I loved the way Imran had a go at Nawaz "mian sahab aap zardari jaisay magarmachon ka muqabla kaisay karain ge?macharon ka muqabla tou kar nai sakay (how will you handle a crocodile like zardari? You couldnt even handle a mosquito"

lol....yeah that was a really funny line.....

yeah LUMS students were there. Some newspapers were reporting that too (express tribune I think)

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Yeah.

I hate it when people say Imran is a one man show. Just because PTI don't have many well known faces doesn't mean that it's not a well oiled machine. Imran has surrounded himself with educated people. And his people are experienced in what they do (marketing, finance, etc), unlike the rest (look at our foreign minister ).

BTW Fusion is missing from this thread

Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information