Page 21 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    If you have an effective Ambassador, which Haqqani was, they can have a lot of influence. Ambassadors are the chief lobbyist for their countries in the US. They represent the country’s best interests. If they are savvy enough to build good relationships with lawmakers, they can lobby them on legislation that directly effects their country. Same is true in terms of having a good relationship with the Executive branch and influencing any policy changes. Haqqani also did a good a job in terms of dealing with the media. The US media has a strong negative view about Pakistan and talk shows in general are very hostile towards the country. Haqqani routinely appeared in those talk shows and presented a strong defense for Pakistan. Lastly, he never forgot that he was there to also serve Pakistani-Americans. He held numerous events around the country to talk to the general public and listen to their concerns/questions and tried to help where he could.
    hmmm. This must be the key why he must be really liked. Serving the likes of Mansoor Ijaz

Zardari lover huh? Lol. I suppose I should’ve expected an outright lie from you after I exposed your hypocrisy.
    Says The guy who supports the status quo and indefinite war over the idea of talks and negotiations. I think for you the price is worth it. Reminds me of Madeline Albright on causing the deaths of 50000 Iraqi children "We think the price is worth it"
    Last edited by smalishah84; 23-11-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

woah.....

"PRESS RELEASE

PTI Vice President Foreign and Security Policy, Dr Shireen Mazari, reacted strongly to Ambassador Munter’s ostensible “defence” of Chairman Imran Khan in a television programme on November 22.
    In a press release she declared categorically that Imran Khan and the PTI do not need any certificate from the US ambassador regarding democratic credentials. She stated that it is not the place of the ambassador to issue such “certifications” regarding Pakistan’s politicians and political parties. While other parties brought to power through the NRO may require such intrusive interventions from the US ambassador, the PTI strongly condemns this blatant violation of diplomatic norms which require ambassadors to stick to diplomatic issues concerning the governments of Pakistan and the US.

While all political leaders meet all diplomats stationed in Pakistan, these interactions centre around the latter seeking to understand the politics of their host country and the former putting across their party perspective as well as gaining an insight into the policies of foreign governments. However, such meetings should never be construed as efforts to seek approval from foreign governments. The PTI and its leadership neither seek such approval nor feels it necessary since it represents the people of Pakistan and their interests alone.

It is unfortunate that Ambassador Munther has sought to give US approval to PTI Chairman Imran Khan months after his courtesy call on Chairman Khan at the latter’s residence. One wonders what the purpose of such an intrusive and unnecessary statement was at this particular time! Clearly Munter’s statement could be construed by PTI supporters as being generated by male fide intent given how the PTI has taken a strong position on the constitutionally questionable behavior of our ex-ambassador to the US, Hussain Haqqani.

In any event, Dr Mazari asserted that the PTI and its leadership neither requires any form of US certification on its democratic and other credentials: nor seeks this in its diplomatic and social interactions with ambassadors stationed in Pakistan. The time for vice regal interventions ended in 1947 and it is time our subservient leaders and neo-imperial powers woke up to this reality."

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I agree with her. How would the US react if during a presidential election, the Pakistani Ambassador says the same thing about one of the US presidential candidate.

The US Ambassador needs to stick to his job.
    Last edited by Agent Nationaux; 24-11-2011 at 04:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

After the successful strings concert in Imran's rally here.

Now Waqar Younis is officially singing for PTI

Waris Baig Janori - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post

Says The guy who supports the status quo and indefinite war over the idea of talks and negotiations. I think for you the price is worth it. Reminds me of Madeline Albright on causing the deaths of 50000 Iraqi children "We think the price is worth it"
    Says the guy who supports the status quo of innocent man, women, and children being blown up and minorities being brutalized by the Taliban. I think for you the price is worth it just as long as the "infidels" are out of the region.

See, two can play this game of outlandish accusations. Just admit you got exposed and let go of the hyperbole.

Hey Fusion, what are your views on Sherry Rahman as the new diplomat.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Hey Fusion, what are your views on Sherry Rahman as the new diplomat.
    I'm not sure about her yet Agent, as I really don't know much about her. I like the fact that she's educated and liberal. I guess only time will tell as to how she performs at the job. What about you? What do you think of her appointment?

Same as you, don't know much about her. But my parents don't like here due to her image I think (they are quite biased) and the fact that she is a peepli. I will wait and see how she performs I guess.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    hmmm. This must be the key why he must be really liked. Serving the likes of Mansoor Ijaz

That was some ****ed up **** to say on her part.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Says the guy who supports the status quo of innocent man, women, and children being blown up and minorities being brutalized by the Taliban. I think for you the price is worth it just as long as the "infidels" are out of the region.

See, two can play this game of outlandish accusations. Just admit you got exposed and let go of the hyperbole.
    Mind you U.S. has caused similar damage with their drone attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Same as you, don't know much about her. But my parents don't like here due to her image I think (they are quite biased) and the fact that she is a peepli. I will wait and see how she performs I guess.
    And also because she is a smoker may be....

In any case, regarding the memo issue.

Its not that clear just yet...but from what it seems like there was an issue between Haqqani and the Pak Military. The military didn't like the guy and just needed a reason for him to resign....this memo issue may have been ignored or given very little attention but I have a feeling the military pumped up the issue to get a chance to demand Haqqani's resignation.

Haqqani was a good speaker on media for Pakistan and there is no way he could be anything else but that on CNN or other news channels in the U.S for obvious reasons.

Whether he was acting in the best interest of Pakistan or United States is not clear to me because I dont know what he used to do in U.S.

Yes you lobby for the interests of your nation but how do we see that he did something significant for Pakistan in U.S. I don't see it.

If he actually did ask Ijaz to write the memo and pass it on the Mullen then that is not something I consider in the best interest of Pakistan. If anything all this would have done is trigger the Army to take over again....

However, regardless Military wanted his head...and they got it....

Certainly better to keep the "infidels" who kill hundreds of thousands of civilians all over the world (and in this region) out of this region.

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Mind you U.S. has caused similar damage with their drone attacks.
    Wait Faisal. That is collateral damage you know. The day killers like Raymond Davis are freed under pressure the next day scores of civilians are killed too but I guess that is collateral damage as well.

Exposed? About what? Since you preferred Zardari over Imran so I called you a Zardari lover. After all that has happened under this govt and somebody still wants Zardari to stay what's wrong in calling him Zardari lover?

And what hyperbole? I'll be honest. Your stance seems absolutely silly to me (if not downright malicious). You seem to prefer Zardari (and every single puppet) to Imran just because Imran calls for dialogue with the Taliban and calls for the US to exit the region. In fact it seems you seem more inclined towards the US rather than Pakistani interests. You seem to forget that people in the country need at least some sort of a decent govt to eek out an already difficult existence. Just how much damage has Zardari done to the running of the daily affairs of the country. Do you have any idea??? During the last 4 years I have seen the corruption levels shoot through the roof. Incompetence in all areas of govt in the country. Try and visit govt depts to witness for yourself how bad things have become. It is easy to sit 10000 miles away and say "we must fight for a thousand years in order to preserve freedom" than to sit in Pakistan which is fast becoming a hell under Zardari. Having lived all through the 80s, 90s, and 00s in Pakistan, never before have I witnessed so many people just wanting to run away from Pakistan as I have under this govt. Yet the only thing you have to offer in return to people's problems is "we will never talk with those monsters".

Misinformation and head buried firmly in the sand as usual Smali. By now I'm sure everyone else who's reading this thread must be tired of the same old debate we have over and over again. So I'm going to reply to your post one last time and then will try to ignore your rants for a few days at least.

Certainly better to keep the "infidels" who kill hundreds of thousands of civilians all over the world (and in this region) out of this region.
    No let's keep the "Muslim heroes" who like to kill thousands of Pakistani soldiers and civilians for fun. They're the ones we should appease because they're such sweet, salt of the earth folks!

Exposed? About what? Since you preferred Zardari over Imran so I called you a Zardari lover. After all that has happened under this govt and somebody still wants Zardari to stay what's wrong in calling him Zardari lover?

And what hyperbole? I'll be honest. Your stance seems absolutely silly to me (if not downright malicious). You seem to prefer Zardari (and every single puppet) to Imran just because Imran calls for dialogue with the Taliban and calls for the US to exit the region. In fact it seems you seem more inclined towards the US rather than Pakistani interests. You seem to forget that people in the country need at least some sort of a decent govt to eek out an already difficult existence. Just how much damage has Zardari done to the running of the daily affairs of the country. Do you have any idea??? During the last 4 years I have seen the corruption levels shoot through the roof. Incompetence in all areas of govt in the country. Try and visit govt depts to witness for yourself how bad things have become. It is easy to sit 10000 miles away and say "we must fight for a thousand years in order to preserve freedom" than to sit in Pakistan which is fast becoming a hell under Zardari. Having lived all through the 80s, 90s, and 00s in Pakistan, never before have I witnessed so many people just wanting to run away from Pakistan as I have under this govt. Yet the only thing you have to offer in return to people's problems is "we will never talk with those monsters".
    So much garbage in the above paragraphs that I don't even know where to start replying. First, are you really giving me beef about "sitting 10000 miles away" and hence not being in touch with what's going on in Pakistan? Don't you currently work in the UAE?

As for your rant about corruption and how the common people are suffering, how about sympathizing with the thousands of people that your beloved Taliban have killed? How about you talk to the victims of bomb blasts and ask them if they want to make "peace" with the Taliban. Ask the mother of a child who was killed in a suicide attack by these honorable and patriotic people if she wants to live under the rule of the Taliban (because that's what "peace" entails in the tribal regions). Ask the girls who get acid thrown at their faces for just wanting to attend school if they want to live next door to Uncle Taliban. Ask the minorities of all different sorts who are prevented from living their lives normally by these defenders of the faith, if not outright killed, if they want to hold "talks" with them. But hey, just as long as you get to have Imran in charge, it doesn't matter what happens to your fellow countrymen right?

I don't think you have any care and regard for Pakistan's future. The difference between you and me is that you will condone/ignore the brutality and barbarism of the Taliban as long as you have a PM who will supposedly rid the government of corruption (which is not a guarantee anyway). I will not. I will suffer corruption before I will suffer murder/oppression/barbarism. But we've done this dance before and I'm tired of it once again. Have fun ranting and making stuff up. I'm going to end the debate here...for now.

Thread Information