Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Wondering if Khan is safe from getting bhutto-ed once he gains nationwide influence and becomes a threat to the current regime?
    tbh anyone can get bhutto-ed in Pakistan atm. Let us hope he is not the one.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

huge turnout at Minar-e-Pakistan could be a defining day for Pakistan political scene.Msg to Zardari and Sharif "start taking Imran seriously NOW"
    Last edited by Xuhaib; 30-10-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Geo News Tv Live | Pakistan News Tv Live Streaming

Addressing a huge crowd (estimated to be over 2-3 Lakh)

haha....PML-N and PPP MNA's bricking it on various news channels. Rana Sanaullah says only 18000 people were there and they came to see Strings and not Imran Khan

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    I see inflation was 16% in 2009-10, is it still that high?

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Wondering if Khan is safe from getting bhutto-ed once he gains nationwide influence and becomes a threat to the current regime?
    Nobody is safe, but Bhutto did something pretty dumb. I was at a relatives house and he was recounting the crucial moments of Bhutto and Zia as told to him by an advisor present at the time.

Bhutto had been put under house arrest by Zia. Zia came to meet him and tell him that once the nation had calmed down, he would let Bhutto resume office (or something to that affect). However Bhutto at that moment (during his house arrest) decided to threaten Zia (that he would destroy him after release). That marked the end for Bhutto and his execution.

11.5 % inflation at the end of September 2011. It's a big concern at the moment especially since people are unemployed and suffering due to floods.

Big problem is that the rupee is constantly losing value because nobody wants to invest in Pak (war on terror).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    11.5 % inflation at the end of September 2011. It's a big concern at the moment especially since people are unemployed and suffering due to floods.
    Run away inflation is a problem that feeds on itself. On the one hand there is initial jobs created by printing more money but it will certainly drive away foreign investment if they cannot forecast what their return on investment will be. (floods a major contributor on food price inflation)

You get an initial boost in prices as more people are bidding for the same amount of goods which may give the impression to businessmen that new investment in productive industry is now viable, only problem is that when you take away the inflation (grab the tiger by the tail) it causes massive problems.

As tough as it may be, getting inflation under control is important. With corruption being a problem, Government/Private partnerships to boost industry would be fraught with danger.
    Last edited by Redbacks; 30-10-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Redbacks, I have seen you post a lot about economics. Are you an economist?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Redbacks, I have seen you post a lot about economics. Are you an economist?
    Maths/Engineer, so I did a few courses in game theory, derivatives () and econometrics, but most of what I know is due to lodging in a share house with 1 Ass Prof and 2 PhDs in economics/political philosophy who work at the LSE for the past 8 months and I have asked them thousands of questions.
    Last edited by Redbacks; 30-10-2011 at 10:29 AM.

yeah the economy is a major problem BUT an even bigger problem is leadership which is not even willing to pay attention to these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    haha....PML-N and PPP MNA's bricking it on various news channels. Rana Sanaullah says only 18000 people were there and they came to see Strings and not Imran Khan

these clowns are just hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    Maths/Engineer, so I did a few courses in game theory, derivatives () and econometrics, but most of what I know is due to lodging in a share house with 1 Ass Prof and 2 PhDs in economics/political philosophy who work at the LSE for the past 8 months and I have asked them thousands of questions.
    Wow, lucky you. Are you still at uni or do you work? My brother also did Maths at uni. Do they ever get tired of you asking thousands of questions?

early estimates suggests crowd of 150000-200000.One of Imran's strength as a cricket captain was how he went on a roll once he gained momentum a trait that has stuck with Pakistani sides even when they are playing poorly. for the first time he has got momentum on his side now time to keep it rolling.

Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information