Page 14 of 139 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Imran was the first politician to condemn Taseer's killing also he is in favor of getting the Blasphemy law amended.
    Last edited by Xuhaib; 10-11-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    I don't think Imran's vision for Pakistan is to be a Saudi Arabia
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Iqbal's grandson joins PTI.

Having attended a few of his lectures I must say that Waleed Iqbal has charisma

Dawn: Waleed Iqbal (Grandson of Allama Iqbal) joins PTI (Novenber 8, 2011) - YouTube

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Smali you need to change your sig. Just because Jan (one person) says it's classy, doesn't mean that everyone else finds it classy (echoes the sentiments of CW).
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

dude.....I know that deep inside their hearts everybody envies my avatar

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Ok, time to piss off the Imran supporters again.

Imran Khan's fuzzy math

Imran Khan: the myth and the reality
    Read the second article on dawn before, the writer is spitting more hate rather then actually bringing some logical reasoning for denouncing Imran.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Btw, has Imran Khan still taken a position on the whole Salman Taseer assasination(Kidnap of his son), Asia bibi verdict and the Blasphemy laws in Pakistan and proposed amendments to them?

PPP is probably the most "liberal" party in that regard, while Sharif is a opportunist who will swing from one direction to another. From what i can gather wrt to Imran he was supporting amendments a while back and saying something similar to taseer, but as his support began to grow he turned more right wing and became indifferent to religious intolerance. Is that view correct?
    Incorrect as far as my knowledge is and what I have read.

Imran was one of the very few who actually went to Taseer's home for "afsoos" or to pay his condolences, that is a huge sign of his intentions and his position on the issue because the major right wingers had declared it was haram to even hold an Islamic Funeral or a Namaz-e-Janazah for Taseer. Its possible he is not speaking out loud just yet but I have no doubt in my mind that he is all for changing the blasphemy law and he will change it if he gets in the position of authority to do so.

PPP in my opinion still has one of the best and most loyal liberal party workers, however, their elite or leadership so to say has become extremely corrupt. In fact most of the people running the show of PPP now were known corrupts when BiBi was alive.

My Grand Father and my whole extended family was a hardcore PPP voter but they are throwing support behind Imran now. This is the first time there is a change. My village consists of nealy 200k people who always voted PPP but 80% are switching to PTI next election.....that is just one example there will many more villages and towns who will switch votes from either PPP or PML N to PTI.....if not the whole Pakistan, Imran will take Punjab with a strong majority Inshallah...

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Iqbal's grandson joins PTI.

Having attended a few of his lectures I must say that Waleed Iqbal has charisma

Dawn: Waleed Iqbal (Grandson of Allama Iqbal) joins PTI (Novenber 8, 2011) - YouTube
    Very smart guy and a well educated one as well.....and he could not have picked a better party to join....will have a good impact on PTI and its image in Pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post

My Grand Father and my whole extended family was a hardcore PPP voter but they are throwing support behind Imran now. This is the first time there is a change. My village consists of nealy 200k people who always voted PPP but 80% are switching to PTI next election.....that is just one example there will many more villages and towns who will switch votes from either PPP or PML N to PTI.....if not the whole Pakistan, Imran will take Punjab with a strong majority Inshallah...
    Wow man. I hope this is true.

Tbh I never supported PPP since the time of Bibi b/c it was sooo damn corrupt. You could feel the corruption in the air. PML-N was maybe slightly less corrupt but it seemed that at times they tried to hide their corruption somewhat.

Very smart guy and a well educated one as well.....and he could not have picked a better party to join....will have a good impact on PTI and its image in Pakistan.
    I am not sure how he can help though because this is the first time that he is actually coming into the public realm. I took a course with him once and I can say that he is a great speaker and he has charisma which makes people like him. Where will he run for elections from i.e. if he runs for election?

I am not sure how he can help though because this is the first time that he is actually coming into the public realm. I took a course with him once and I can say that he is a great speaker and he has charisma which makes people like him. Where will he run for elections from i.e. if he runs for election?
    Well for one the guy is just stepping in to politics, that means no scandals, corruption charges, fake degrees.....his addition even as a parliamentarian would be of great benefit to the nation that for one we have a competent person. I am not sure where he will run but I hope Imran gives him some important position which he can handle with honesty.

Wow man. I hope this is true.

Tbh I never supported PPP since the time of Bibi b/c it was sooo damn corrupt. You could feel the corruption in the air. PML-N was maybe slightly less corrupt but it seemed that at times they tried to hide their corruption somewhat.
    All I can say is our family is one of those who sets the trends in voting, if we vote PPP most of the village votes PPP if we vote PTI most of them will follow it.... Its not a good trend because people are not really thinking for themselves but in this case lets take advantage of it ...

Well for one the guy is just stepping in to politics, that means no scandals, corruption charges, fake degrees.....his addition even as a parliamentarian would be of great benefit to the nation that for one we have a competent person. I am not sure where he will run but I hope Imran gives him some important position which he can handle with honesty.
    So that rules out any ministry and most bureaucratic positions for him.

All I can say is our family is one of those who sets the trends in voting, if we vote PPP most of the village votes PPP if we vote PTI most of them will follow it.... Its not a good trend because people are not really thinking for themselves but in this case lets take advantage of it ...

So that rules out any ministry and most bureaucratic positions for him.

That's exactly the mind set we need to change...Ministry and Bureaucracy can be done in an honest way and for the betterment of the society...

I don't think that you can do that in the parliamentary system. In the presidential system the president can hand pick any one that he wants in order to join his cabinet. IIRC In the parliamentary system the cabinet comes from MPs only which means he will have to be elected from some place.

Thread Information