Page 134 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2072
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    For someone who has never been close to the power circles how does Imran get the blame for everything?

Interesting article and the comments below are interesting too.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with one of Imran's cousins who used to be my neighbor (around 6-7 years back). He said that Imran is on course to become another Bhutto. A very polarizing figure.
    Last edited by smalishah84; 09-02-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    The Man Who Sold Pakistan

An unabashed, blistering, no holds barred hit job on Imran Khan. Love it.
    Unusually strong language from Cyril Almeida, quite different from his usual articles. I guess he is really pissed at Imran Khan

People are pissed at Imran Khan because he came with high expectations as a symbol of change. But has ended up more of the same old tired right wing politics than even PML(N) have given up on.
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Have to admit that at least the Nawaz and Imran govts despite supposedly being extreme right wing parties are at least trying to make things better. Which is much more than what could be said about the coalition of crooks last time around i.e. ANP PPP govts.

The PTI govt in KP is definitely working hard to make it a safer place by actually doing something. Let us hope that in time these efforts are able to bear fruit.

KP Police turning into a role model after achieving notable successes - thenews.com.pk

In the meanwhile Sindh continues to suffer under the pathetic governance of PPP.

Interestingly enough lots of changes coming up in the Middle East as well the effects of which are Saudi moving closer to Pakistan (and apparently seeking weapons from it too)

Saudi Arabia Threatens to Lay Siege to Qatar: Cooperation or Confrontation?*|*David Hearst

Bombings and assassinations are going on at record pace but KP is “a safer place”. That’s a good one. The Nawaz and Imran government have capitulated to the TTP and surrendered the writ of the State. KP or Pakistan is not safer, it’s just gotten more under the influence of the TTP.

Just the latest example of how great the Imran Khan goverment in KP is: They have offered to set up an office for the TTP in KP. Let that sink in for a moment. They are treating with respect the organization that has killed thousands of civilians and recently beheaded a group of captured Pakistani soldiers and played football with their severed heads. Awesome, can't wait to see what they think of next.
    Last edited by Fusion; 11-03-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Bombings and assassinations are going on at record pace but KP is “a safer place”. That’s a good one. The Nawaz and Imran government have capitulated to the TTP and surrendered the writ of the State. KP or Pakistan is not safer, it’s just gotten more under the influence of the TTP.
    You are just like NFP and other Zardari lovers who will never let FACTS get in the way of whatever they think

I will now present facts so I can expect silence from your end and of course probably won't hear anything re

Here is a list of terror attack fatalities in Pakistan since 2003 with a year by year break up.

Fatalities in Terrorist Violence in Pakistan 2003-2014

Considering that Nawaz only came into power in June how have the fatalities gone up? The highest fatalities in 2013 were in the months of January and February i.e. until the PPP was in power and busy plundering the national exchequer.

I don't love Nawaz but give credit where due. And Imran's govt's record is also definitely better than the ANP govt's record. Both of these parties are actually trying to do something and it is showing. These are FACTS.

Add to this the fact that despite numerous challenges the economy has shown some signs of growth under Nawaz is also to his credit.

Pakistan GDP growth exceeds expectations: SBP - DAWN.COM

On the other hand what do we see in Sindh where the PPP is in power? The Tharparkar tragedy where people are actually dying due to hunger and disease and these guys are having feasts in the same vicinity.

Tharparkar visit: CM?s dinner akin to a ?wedding feast? ? The Express Tribune

So please learn to give credit where due.

@Fusion, you don't have any answers to real facts and figures do you? And I would also like to see Agent come in here and start blindly supporting whatever you say without having any shred of proper figures to back up his claim.

Secondly, Nawaz is the one who ordered air strikes for 4 consecutive days on militant hideouts. What was the PPP doing? The only person other than NFP that I have seen act like this was a guy in my class whose father was a PPP MNA.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I don't blindly support anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I don't blindly support anyone.
    yeah, right

This definitely needs attention and a good move while the govt is already in talks

Imran calls for inclusion of polio issue in peace talks agenda ? The Express Tribune

Salman85, our resident PPO (perennial Pakistani optimist) has turned his talents to writing on politics as well.

Well done Salman, keep it up

MQM: Misunderstood even after 30 years ? The Express Tribune Blog

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Nice article Salman.

But the negatives outweigh the positives. They employ thugs and terrorists, and Altaf is the biggest thug out of all of them.

There are also terrible things about the Mayor, although I don't know what is true and what is false.

I haven't had much chance to log on here. I see that someone's feelings are hurt that I didn't respond to them. Aww, let me make it up to you by responding now little buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    The highest fatalities in 2013 were in the months of January and February i.e. until the PPP was in power and busy plundering the national exchequer.
    The fatalities are down (but certainly continuing) because the Nawaz and Imran government have capitulated to the terrorists. They have decided to treat the Taliban like honored guests of the country. Of course the terrorists were busy attacking the PPP government – they considered them the enemy. Why would the Taliban antagonize their friends in power though?

Add to this the fact that despite numerous challenges the economy has shown some signs of growth under Nawaz is also to his credit.

Pakistan GDP growth exceeds expectations: SBP - DAWN.COM
    Hahaha. Now this is classic. The Nawaz government has done absolutely nothing for the economy. The reason for the Rupee’s rise is because Saudia Arabia loaned Pakistan $1.5 billion dollars. Why did our kind Arab brothers do this? Because they want Pakistan to get involved in Syria (and simultaneously fight a proxy war against Iran). You know, because we don’t have enough problems of our own to solve. This the only reason for the temporary bump in the economy. All hail Nawaz!!

On the other hand what do we see in Sindh where the PPP is in power? The Tharparkar tragedy where people are actually dying due to hunger and disease and these guys are having feasts in the same vicinity.

Tharparkar visit: CM?s dinner akin to a ?wedding feast? ? The Express Tribune

So please learn to give credit where due.
    Oh right, now everyone is shocked, SHOCKED, by poverty in Pakistan. It’s an entirely new phenomenon you know. I’m sure you were expressing outrage against the Nawaz government of the 1990’s when droughts and famines hit villages then. It’s interesting that when there are cases of extreme poverty in Punjab and KP, it’s the COUNTRY that has failed. But when the same happens in Sindh, it’s the PPP. There is obviously no poverty in Punjab. Balochistan is obviously the most developed province in the country. KP is the most peaceful region filled with Western tourists! The hypocrisy is stunning. Well when you are done with your political point-scoring, realize that the causes for famine are complex. That’s partly why the the Indian side of Thar faces the same problems. Inefficient government plays a part, but not the only part.

In conclusion: Imran and Nawaz blow.
    Last edited by Fusion; 18-03-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Thread Information