Page 107 of 136 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2027
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    but I really like the quote

"If I had to vote, even I wouldn't vote PPP"

genius
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

this might be a first in the history of Pakistan. Debates on things that actually matter to the country

PTI, PML-N lock horns over economic policies – The Express Tribune

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Musharraf: I am proud of Kargil operation

I'm proud of Kargil operation, says former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf

Islamabad/Karachi: Former military ruler Pervez Musharraf on Wednesday said he was "proud of the Kargil operation", during which Pakistani troops had crossed the Line of Control and occupied positions on the Indian side in 1999. Musharraf made the remarks when he was asked about criticism of his role in the Kargil issue at a news conference in the southern port city of Karachi.
    Musharraf was the army chief when the operation was launched. He later toppled the government of premier Nawaz Sharif and assumed power. I am "proud of the Kargil operation," he said. The former President, who returned to Pakistan on Sunday after nearly four years in self-exile, said he had not struck a deal with anyone for his homecoming. He claimed he had returned to Pakistan in the interest of the country and the people. "I am among those people who think of the country and the citizens," Musharraf told said during his first news conference after returning to Pakistan.
    Musharraf, who returned to lead the All Pakistan Muslim League in the general election to be held on May 11, said he could not say how many constituencies his party would be able to win. He said he would himself run for elections from Karachi, where he has "old relations" with the Muttahida Qaumi Movement. He claimed his supporters had recommended that he should contest the election from a constituency in the Defence area of Karachi. Musharraf also defended his years in power as a dictator, claiming that Pakistan had prospered during his tenure. He further claimed he had been the only leader to raise his voice against anti-state elements and elements involved in spreading terrorism.
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Imran's party being the first one in Pakistan to actively seek out funds from the masses.

I did make a small contribution and hoping that he comes through

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Imran's party being the first one in Pakistan to actively seek out funds from the masses.

I did make a small contribution and hoping that he comes through
    I don't think he can win an outright majority. Most probably will win a few seats in Punjab and a majority in Khyber. Don't think he will be able to win Sindh

well today Imran announced that his party will contest from all seats in Karachi. That is unprecedented by any party other than MQM or PPP I think so he might grab a few seats in urban sindh provided the MQM goons do not completely rig the polling at all stations.

Besides the main battle ground is punjab and that will decide as to who wins. In Punjab a tough contest is expected between PTI and Nawaz League

Simon Champion!
    Can totally see Imran claiming a rigged election if he doesn't do too well.

There is no way Imran is going to do well in Sindh regardless of how many seats he contests in - Urban Karachi is a MQM/ANP stronghold while the feudal villages are loyal to the Bhutto clan. Khyber doesnt have a lot of seats so yeah, the election will be decided by how PTI does in Punjab.

Also, It is safe to assume that PTI are not going to win by a landslide in Punjab, even if they do manage to grab a slight majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Can totally see Imran claiming a rigged election if he doesn't do too well.
    Tbf there has been only one election in the history of Pakistan which was supposedly fair and it led to the breakup of the country

having said that the MQM is well known for making sure that the elections are rigged in its parts of karachi.

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    There is no way Imran is going to do well in Sindh regardless of how many seats he contests in - Urban Karachi is a MQM/ANP stronghold while the feudal villages are loyal to the Bhutto clan. Khyber doesnt have a lot of seats so yeah, the election will be decided by how PTI does in Punjab.

Also, It is safe to assume that PTI are not going to win by a landslide in Punjab, even if they do manage to grab a slight majority.
    Nah, the ANP will be screwed in this election. Whatever little support they had (from the pathans based in karachi) has gone down significantly. Secondly the people in Urban Sindh are really disgruntled with both the PPP and MQM and in some of the more educated parts of Karachi it is not impossible to see Imran win a seat or two.

I agree with the 2nd part though that PTI won't probably win by a landslide in Punjab even it it wins but if it can get a majority of the seats in the Punjab then there is a really good chance that Imran might have a good majority in the national assembly since he is expecting to win a landslide in the National Assembly seats from KP.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Watch as a crack team of elite Pakistani police raid the Taliban:

VICE Guide to Karachi: Raiding the Taliban (Part 3/5) - YouTube

Last edited by silentstriker; 30-03-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar

What a joke! No wonder Karachi is so unsafe with these cartoon characters running around as the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Thread Information