Page 104 of 145 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2171
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Official Pakistan Politics thread

  1. #1546
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,766
    not for the first time poverty would have forced people to resort to terrorism I would venture

    http://dawn.com/2013/03/13/quetta-po...d-in-bombings/
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  2. #1547
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,766
    not for the first time poverty would have forced people to resort to terrorism I would venture

    Quetta police arrests children ‘involved in bombings’ | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

  3. #1548
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,494
    Decades of appeasing and ignoring extremism, while conveniently blaming others for our problems, might have something to do with it as well.

  4. #1549
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Decades of appeasing and ignoring extremism, while conveniently blaming others for our problems, might have something to do with it as well.
    There are multiple factors especially the ones you mention. But poverty shouldn't be an excuse to commit atrocities. I know people are desperate in Pakistan, but so are others across the world and they don't do this stuff.


  5. #1550
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,766
    much easier to instill extremism if there is poverty though

  6. #1551
    Global Moderator Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,494
    Poverty plays a part – but not as much as tolerating/appeasing extremism to begin with and a lack of (non-religious) education. Kids can be brainwashed into doing many things. Even rich kids can fall prey to “cults” or gangs. The problem here is that extremists can so freely recruit those kids to their cause. The state of Pakistan tolerated these monsters for so long that now they make terrorists out of kids and not have to do the dirty work themselves. When you can get mobs easily worked up to beat someone to death for alleged “blasphemy” of the Holy Prophet, then it’s easy to see how the extremists can recruit these kids into their extreme views as well. We need to go after the root of the problem – which is battling and eradicating extremism.

    I will say that recently I have been very pleased to see Imran strongly condemn the Shia genocide, as well as the attacks on the Christian community. Good on him. On the other hand, the PPP has sadly taken the election year approach of “negotiating” with the Taliban in order to appease the right-wing nuts. The PPP seems to be regressing on the issue, which is especially shameful considering they lost two of their own (Benazir Bhutto and Salman Taseer) to acts of terrorism. Right now, the MQM seems to be the sole party willing to speak out against extremism. Imran’s PTI is getting there, but as long as it's not about extremists in the tribal areas.

  7. #1552
    Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Poverty plays a part – but not as much as tolerating/appeasing extremism to begin with and a lack of (non-religious) education. Kids can be brainwashed into doing many things. Even rich kids can fall prey to “cults” or gangs. The problem here is that extremists can so freely recruit those kids to their cause. The state of Pakistan tolerated these monsters for so long that now they make terrorists out of kids and not have to do the dirty work themselves. When you can get mobs easily worked up to beat someone to death for alleged “blasphemy” of the Holy Prophet, then it’s easy to see how the extremists can recruit these kids into their extreme views as well. We need to go after the root of the problem – which is battling and eradicating extremism.

    I will say that recently I have been very pleased to see Imran strongly condemn the Shia genocide, as well as the attacks on the Christian community. Good on him. On the other hand, the PPP has sadly taken the election year approach of “negotiating” with the Taliban in order to appease the right-wing nuts. The PPP seems to be regressing on the issue, which is especially shameful considering they lost two of their own (Benazir Bhutto and Salman Taseer) to acts of terrorism. Right now, the MQM seems to be the sole party willing to speak out against extremism. Imran’s PTI is getting there, but as long as it's not about extremists in the tribal areas.
    Well said Fusion.

    However, the MQM is a Mafia and needs to be eradicated. Altaf is a criminal and should not be allowed near a phone.

  8. #1553
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Poverty plays a part – but not as much as tolerating/appeasing extremism to begin with and a lack of (non-religious) education. Kids can be brainwashed into doing many things. Even rich kids can fall prey to “cults” or gangs. The problem here is that extremists can so freely recruit those kids to their cause. The state of Pakistan tolerated these monsters for so long that now they make terrorists out of kids and not have to do the dirty work themselves. When you can get mobs easily worked up to beat someone to death for alleged “blasphemy” of the Holy Prophet, then it’s easy to see how the extremists can recruit these kids into their extreme views as well. We need to go after the root of the problem – which is battling and eradicating extremism.

    I will say that recently I have been very pleased to see Imran strongly condemn the Shia genocide, as well as the attacks on the Christian community. Good on him. On the other hand, the PPP has sadly taken the election year approach of “negotiating” with the Taliban in order to appease the right-wing nuts. The PPP seems to be regressing on the issue, which is especially shameful considering they lost two of their own (Benazir Bhutto and Salman Taseer) to acts of terrorism. Right now, the MQM seems to be the sole party willing to speak out against extremism. Imran’s PTI is getting there, but as long as it's not about extremists in the tribal areas.
    I agree with this somewhat but how can you equip people to fight extremism without giving them any decent education or any other opportunities in life. Plus the govt was not just tolerating militancy but actively promoting it. What then do you get? Then comes the brainwashing part which exacerbates things. Easy to fall prey to it when there seems to be nothing to look forward to except the after life. The PPP is just a **** piece of a party with no real ideology except to cling to power. They give a damn about the people and the latest CIA (and other US intelligence agencies) report sums this up quite nicely

    Polls a milestone for Pakistan, US Congress told | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

    “Economically, trouble looms. Pakistan, with its small tax base, poor system of tax collection, and reliance on foreign aid, faces no real prospects for sustainable economic growth,” the report warns.

    “The government has been unwilling to address economic problems that continue to constrain economic growth. The government has made no real effort to persuade its disparate coalition members to accept much-needed policy and tax reforms, because members are focused on retaining their seats in upcoming elections.”

  9. #1554
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Right now, the MQM seems to be the sole party willing to speak out against extremism. Imran’s PTI is getting there, but as long as it's not about extremists in the tribal areas.
    and agree with Agent there, having seen what MQM has done to my home town for the last 25 years it is safe to say they need to be put in place. They were the first ones to take militancy to a whole new level.

  10. #1555
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,766
    Tomorrow is 15th March .......it couldn't have come any sooner.....the most inefficient, corrupt, pathetic, and incompetent govt in the history of Pakistan FINALLY ends its term. Of course it doesn't end its term before massively printing money to dole out to its corrupt beneficiaries (causing more inflation) and to try and ensure that it can suck the blood of the country for as long as possible

  11. #1556
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,766
    what a bunch of clowns. Their answers are hilarious. Talk about a seriously incompetent bunch

    PPP pledges improved performance next time | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

  12. #1557
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,766
    so Imran's party has been allotted the cricket bat as its election symbol. The ball and stumps would have been more apt IMO

  13. #1558
    Hall of Fame Member Cevno's Avatar
    Simon Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    15,850
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Tomorrow is 15th March .......it couldn't have come any sooner.....the most inefficient, corrupt, pathetic, and incompetent govt in the history of Pakistan FINALLY ends its term. Of course it doesn't end its term before massively printing money to dole out to its corrupt beneficiaries (causing more inflation) and to try and ensure that it can suck the blood of the country for as long as possible
    First democratic government to complete it's full term too right ?, so historic day for Pakistan either way.

  14. #1559
    International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,473
    Incompetent or not, democracy needs stability to develop. This is a good step in the right direction for Pakistan.
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

  15. #1560
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    First democratic government to complete it's full term too right ?, so historic day for Pakistan either way.
    yeah

    NA completes term today | Pakistan | DAWN.COM



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Programming Thread
    By vcs in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 25-01-2012, 08:57 PM
  2. Pakistan vs England Jul-Aug-Sep 2010
    By gunner in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-07-2010, 08:41 PM
  3. India Pakistan Slug-fest !!
    By SJS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-08-2009, 10:50 AM
  4. Pakistan Squad
    By Xuhaib in forum 2009 ICC World Twenty20
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 06:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •